Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 31st July 2013, 23:47   #16
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Cheated by Jaika Motors, Nagpur (Tata Dealership). Got a Used Aria instead of New

This is exactly the way one should not buy a car. What on earth were you thinking? You should never have taken delivery when you did not feel the positive vibe.

I know you are sad and feel cheated, but you have to wake up NOW. The least you can do is go for option 3, but how can you be sure that the vehicle is factory fresh.

You have to be stronger and get rid of the car. The car looks much older than 18 months and has been used quite a lot. Please do a thorough PDI before plonking your hard earned money on a car.

But, whatever your do, do it fast.

Last edited by MAS : 31st July 2013 at 23:48.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 01:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Cheated by Jaika Motors, Nagpur (Tata Dealership). Got a Used Aria instead of New

Call CC, Mail them, Contact "Rapid Resolutions", Tweet Tata Motors and get your ride changed to a new one.

I'm not at all feeling sorry to say that one has to be downright foolish to accept delivery of such a car. I have little sympathy for such a careless act. How can one be SO gullible, especially someone who claims to be an avid follower of T-Bhp!

IMO, be happy you bought it from TATA & not Skoda. If you're on the right side, you're likely to be treated fairly. Stop dealing solely with the dealership, ensure TaMo has some direct representation. Patiently lay your case to the TATA reps and ask them for a fresh 2012 piece.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 09:57   #18
BHPian

What is done is done now, I would suggest you to settle for option 3 and get the AMC deal as he was offering or ask for further discount of 1 lakh for harassment and cheating.
As others have said PDI should have settled the issue even before you signed the dotted line.
Good luck!
avingodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Well I should say this sort of incidence is very uncommon in this region.
The dealer is a very old and reputed one in Chhattisgarh and Vidharbha region of MH and operates several dealership of TATA passenger and commercial vehicles and Audi (in Raipur and Nagpur). Never expected that such a reputed dealer would resort to such fraudulent practices.

On the other hand I would also say that there were a lot of carelessness from your side. I have never seen anyone so careless while spending 18 lakh rupees or so.

Personally I feel you should have considered the option of getting the whole amount back and walk out of the dealership. How can you rely on the dealer for free and fair servicing of your vehicle and peace of mind for you in the future.

However, under the options considered by you I would have gone for a brand new 2013 Aria (option 2) and consider splitting the differential amount of 2.5L with the dealer.

Whatever you do please involve the TaMo senior executives in the whole process.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Shantanu although the dealer may have cheated you but you let him cheat you. First of all if you were anyways buying a 2012 manufactured vehicle that too in the mid of 2013 there was a very high probability that the car would have already been sitting in the yard for a year. You should have insisted on physically checking or inspecting the vehicle before even paying the booking amount. Even if you dint do that from what i can figure you yourself went to the showroom to take the delivery of the vehicle, how is it that you did not manage to see any of these problems which are very evident from the pictures. I am sure you would have at least seen the reading on the odometer. You should not have accepted the delivery.

Now that you have accepted the delivery and the vehicle is registered on your name i am not sure but i think the legal route will not be very helpful and if the dealer is still ready to offer another vehicle to you i suggest you go for it immediately before they change their mind as this is the best option you have in the given circumstances.

VVB
vvb8530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 15:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu1970 View Post
Now I bought the 2012 model of Aria just because of the discounts offered on it and not that I really liked the car.
So, why did you go for this car if you really didn't like the car? Just because there was a heavy discount? Well, for one, if there is a heavy discount on any product, then definitely something must be wrong with the product.
My suggestion, keep option 3 open and also escalate to TaMo immediately with all proofs.
Another thing to check is how come this car was driven around for 2400 kms without any registration. I don't think a TD vehicle would have clocked this much. Try and lookup in RTO if this car was indeed pre-registered.
sukhoi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 16:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Crazy stuff, your photos make it clear that its a used vehicle. Please let go of the discount mania, and go in for a 2013 Aria from them, Its far better to have a new vehicle and the peace of mind that comes with it.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 16:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. They will give me 2013 Aria Pride @ Rs. 18,00,000 (No discount) and take this car back. I need to pay 2.5 lakhs extra.
3. They will get another 2012 model Aria from the Pune factory in a week's time with <100 kms on it. Suits me.

I request you all to please guide me in making my decision. Should I give them another chance and get new Aria or should I take some legal action?
All inputs will be highly appreciated.
Since everyone has already blasted you, I am pretty sure now you know who all (Dealer and You) were at fault at the same time.

Since you have asked for help, let me give you that.
- For me, Option 2 should be the best. You get the latest 2013 car. You pay 2.5 lakhs extra. I hope that is not a big amount for you, considering that you spent 18 lakhs on an used car.
- Secondly, if you absolutely don't want to pay a paisa more, ask them for the 2012 manufactured car with less than 100kms on ODO. Its' upto your belief whether that 100 kms is genuine or fake.

A legal option is good, considering you have enough money for lawyer fees, media defamation of Tata and Dealer and bribes for miscellaneous govt. expenses.

Good Luck. Keep us posted on your struggle.
Soumyajit9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 16:49   #24
BHPian

You are in a pretty bad soup. Since you did not like the car in the first place, the only logical thing to do would be to demand your money back.
Tata has too many problems as it is without even having to deal with a terrible dealer.

Option #3 might sound nice, but you don't know how that vehicle will be either. It might be in a worse condition for all you know. Or even, something might be wrong with it internally that no PDI will reveal. And since they are making this arrangement for you to satisfy you, it will be difficult to strike a second similar deal with them. Why take chances with your hard earned money?

So just get your money back and purchase a more reliable car from a more reliable dealer, and do your PDIs properly this time.

Last edited by EagleEye : 1st August 2013 at 16:51.
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 17:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
- Secondly, if you absolutely don't want to pay a paisa more, ask them for the 2012 manufactured car with less than 100kms on ODO. Its' upto your belief whether that 100 kms is genuine or fake.

A legal option is good, considering you have enough money for lawyer fees, media defamation of Tata and Dealer and bribes for miscellaneous govt. expenses.

Good Luck. Keep us posted on your struggle.
Mate,

Tampering and playing with the ODO is very easy. There is a high posibility of a 2012 manufactured car with a similar ODO reading, can be again sold to you after changing it.
The dealer can raise a request for replacing the ODO with a new one, just by ordering a spare one citing its malfunction.
Not a fault of the company or its process, But can be done by the Dealer / Mechanic/ S.A very easily.
Company may not be able to track it if it is not registered.

My Manza's DIS was flickering before 20K. Hence got it replaced in the 20K service and found that the entire Insrument Cluster is also replaced along with it. Hence, the ODO was from 'Zero' after driving 20K.
It was only recorded in the system as my car was registered. Else, there might not be any record and feedback process to the company.

My advice is to look for a different option than this.

Regards,
Maverick79
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 17:59   #26
BHPian

This is definitely a sticky situation to be in. If I were you i would chose option 2. This car has been used and maybe even abused. who knowss it may have even been a test drive vehicle. Pay extra but at least you are sure that the vehicle is new rather than a used one.

All the best and do keep us posted of all developments.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 19:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
....Tampering and playing with the ODO is very easy.
That is why I have left it to the owner as a 2nd and last option.
My first recommendation was to put in 2.5 lakhs and get a 2013 manufactured car.

I didn't recommend getting money back, because that is something next to impossible.
Soumyajit9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2013, 20:42   #28
BHPian

Dear all

Thanks for your suggestions.

I completely agree with everyone here that it's part my fault of not having team-bhp PDI checklist done before the delivery. I took the delivery late evening while it was raining heavily, so that camouflaged the "used" part of the car a bit and maybe thats why I didn't realize it then.

The matter was escalated to TATA Motors the very next day and they too have accepted Jaika's "Mistake". I have returned the car to Jaika. I have it in writing from Jaika that they will get me a "NEW" 2012 Dec Aria before 16th Aug. If they don't then I will take serious action against both the dealership and TATA Motors. Also Jaika will provide me 2 year / 60,000 AMC for free.

Quote:
You dont like the car, yet you brought it only for the discounts? I dont think that was a right thing to do, however it was your personal decision, so I rest my case.
@dass: I don't hate the car but yes I prefer Storme (at Rs. 14.5) over Aria simply because Aria is not worth the price (18 Lakhs in MH) thats why I said that. And I got tempted of getting Aria (since it is technologically, safety-wise, feature-wise better car than Storme) at similar price of the Storme (after discount). Everything looked better while booking it, regret it now.

Quote:
Its we BHP-ian and very few informed crowd only take those PDI, I have seen many who doesn't bother to know about the chasis number, not even open bonnet to check for anything before/while delivery.

If the car was bit more cleaner and the ODO was reset, I doubt even Shantanu might not get to know about this.

Wishing you luck to get the matter settled in some favour ways.
@DRIVE_ADDICT: Thanks

Quote:
Sorry to say but you are at fault as well.
@DeKay: I agree to that.

Quote:
Let me be very brutal (and to an extent, rude too) on this - you seem to be giving the discounts a lot more importance than peace of mind. Even your option 1 was more focused on additional discounts than getting a brand new fresh car.

Yes, option number 3 "seems" to be good - but again you are agreeing to take in a 2012 car - a car that is at the least 8 months old. All for that discount you were given earlier. And these are Tata vehicles we are talking about - they don't age extremely well like some of the better Japanese brands.

If I were you, I'd try to exit the deal or at the most negotiate your way out for a cheaper brand new 2013 Storme.
@Ninjatalli : That's alright, carelessness from my end deserves that. I will do that if things don't work out till 16th Aug. The dealership owners have personally intervened now so I think things will get better. Rest you are right Tata can't match Japs.

Quote:
P.s. Btw if you haven't noticed, you are using 4 smileys in the initial post; only 2 allowed per post. Interesting that both the mods haven't caught that yet, over the fact that this was a newbie's moderator-approved post
I am extremely sorry for the mistake. Mods please excuse this time.

@Maverick79: I know thats possible but this time I won't accept before inspecting it.

@bigben: Thanks

@soumyajit9:
Quote:
I didn't recommend getting money back, because that is something next to impossible.
I will get back the money back if the "new" Aria they are saying isn't satisfactory. The dealer (Owner) has accepted everything and they just want another chance which after thinking calmly I think I should give them once.

Thanks
Shantanu Sharma
Shantanu1970 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all

Thanks for your suggestions.

@Maverick79: I know thats possible but this time I won't accept before inspecting it.

Thanks
Shantanu Sharma
Shantanu,

Pls ensure, you take the Team-BHP PDI checklist with you next time and do the complete verification in broad day light. If done in night you might miss some paint / shade variations if any along with many other under body inspections, etc.

Finding a Dec'12 vehicle from the plant is tough as these vehicles might have already reached the Dealers' yards as per the year end exercise / push done by TML.

Hence, the chance of getting another 'lemon' is still high or remains the same atleast.

If possible, take some expert from our forum with you.

All the Best!.

Regards,
Maverick79.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 2nd August 2013 at 15:56.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:32   #30
BHPian

Shantanu, Getting a "brand new" 2012 car in the 3rd quarter of 2013 is fine but I still do not understand how a 2 year AMC is enough to justify the malpractices/heart burn/ breach of trust/emotional distress etc etc. This dealer should be made to pay through the nose for trying to swindle a customer out of his hard earned money. I see that you will not take the legal route IF you get the car by 16th Aug, but such malpractices should be punished heavily. I still feel you should have threatened for a 2013 car at the same price with AMC etc or nothing at all. They tried to cheat you, failed miserably....now you should make their life hell. Let the dealer pay the margin to TaMo for 2013 vehicle.

I am also quite interested to know what TaMo had to say other than accepting the Dealerships mistake. Did they give you any sort of explanation?

Also, when the new 2012 car arrives, please double check with another dealership on what the mileage is for that car. I believe there is a central database for all vehicles sold which can be accessed by all TATA dealerships.
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote