Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 7th August 2013, 14:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Service Experiences @ Nandi Toyota, Bangalore

Toyota are at it now too? Very disappointing.

Well they better sort themselves out in a hurry, because reliability & peace of mind are their only USPs. Otherwise, their cars are neither exciting nor best-in-class on any scale of comparison.
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 20:33   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Nandi Toyota-Kudlu Gate-Hosur Road-Bangalore-Service Experience

I had a chance to visit the Nandi Toyota Service Center in Bangalore and had some thoughts and inputs to share. Could not find a thread dedicated to Nandi Toyota Service. Mods, please merge if there exists such a thread.

Background:
During a drive from Kerala the car (Etios) in which my in laws were travelling hit a goat. As a result, the front bumper broke and they grill also suffered damages. My brother in law called me and asked to fix an appointment with the service center to get it repaired. Since Nandi Toyota was the closest to my place, decided to get the work done there.

Positives
  • Booking Process: Called up the number on the website(This was on a Friday). Was promptly attended. Car details etc were asked and the booking was confirmed. Was told that I will get a confirmation call. As promised, within an hour got a call to confirm the appointment and was asked to bring the car by 9 am. Got an SMS confirmation also
  • Service Center Ambiance:
    • Reached at 9am sharp and was amazed to see the facility. Extremely well laid out. Lot of area out in front to park cars and several well marked covered slots to park the car while the job card is prepared. Separate bays for Taxi/Fleet cars. Compared to this, the VW Whitefield facility I go to looks like a dungeon. Even Advaith Hyundai and Pratham Maruti facilities (couple of the bigger Hyundai/Maruti dealers in Bangalore) were no match for this.
    • The customer lounge was also spacious and looked out into the service floor which in itself looked big, clean and efficient.
  • Service Reception
    • Was attended to immediately. Lot of technicians were there in the reception area and seemed to be tagged to the Service Advisers. Our requirement was just to fix the bumper/grill and do a check up to ensure nothing else was impacted.
    • The SA took the car to the service area where a senior technician did a quick overview to verify if any other work was needed. Was also taken to the body shop to confirm what needs to be done. All these were done smoothly and efficiently.
    • The work was done as per communicated. Of course, it was nothing complex, but still good to see it executed well.

Negatives
  • Not a reflection of the Service center, but the total cost came out to be ~11,000. This is for bumper/grill and labor. Seemed quite expensive for an Etios. Not sure what are the rates for other cars in general.
  • Had told to include a general check up (multiple times). This was not done. Partly a miss from my side as I did not ask about it in spite of not seeing it in the job card.
  • Communication: Was promised delivery on Monday. No info till Monday late afternoon. Had to call and check. Was told it can be delivered only on Tuesday. On Tuesday also no info till 2 PM. Had to call and check and was told that I can come by 5PM.
  • Delivery: Reached by 5 and had to wait till 6.30 pm. Was told 3-4 times that car was being washed and that it would take another 10 min. Had to call the SA 2-3 times to check and also ask one of the senior folks on the status more than once. Was very disappointed and made my displeasure clear to the SA when he finally got the bill ready. But he seemed unapologetic and did not even bother to tell a sorry for asking me to come at 5 and then making me wait till 6.30.
  • They had a lot of posters advertising their 60 min express service. If they take 90 min to deliver a car, wonder how they will do a 60 min service.

Summary
Excellent facilities and above average service experience.

Note: Wanted to take some pictures, but with lot of people around, would have been very obvious. So was unable to do. The Nandi Toyota website has some reference images.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th May 2015 at 23:32.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 18:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Nandi Toyota-Kudlu Gate-Hosur Road-Bangalore-Service Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
They had a lot of posters advertising their 60 min express service. If they take 90 min to deliver a car, wonder how they will do a 60 min service.
The 60 minutes express service is not a myth but a reality that has made life much more easier for me over the last few years. It is applicable only for the vehicles requiring only regular service.

In reality they are only able to manage to return your car in around 2 hours from your time of arrival to the service centre.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 22:25   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The 60 minutes express service is not a myth but a reality that has made life much more easier for me over the last few years. It is applicable only for the vehicles requiring only regular service.

In reality they are only able to manage to return your car in around 2 hours from your time of arrival to the service centre.
Thanks for the input. I did know that that they do offer the service. Was just wondering how they can manage in 60 min. 2 hours seems more reasonable.

Another interesting thing noticed was that they had a separate process flow for folks coming for the first service. Kind of a 'Welcome to Toyota Family' thing with names listed on a board at the reception and separate counters etc.. Seemed to be a nice touch.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 08:17   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Another interesting thing noticed was that they had a separate process flow for folks coming for the first service. Kind of a 'Welcome to Toyota Family' thing with names listed on a board at the reception and separate counters etc.. Seemed to be a nice touch.
They even have separate service bays for the 60 minute service promise where 4 people work on your car at the same time, each having his own set of tools and equipment. I was quite impressed by seeing that. As a result it takes them around 20 minutes to service the car. More time is consumed in waiting for your turn, washing and final pre delivery check.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 15:21   #21
BHPian

Default re: Service Experiences @ Nandi Toyota, Bangalore

The bumper price of etios seems to be exorbitant. IIRC, my neighbor got their i20 bumper replaced and painted for under 6k at dealership.

I am utterly surprised to find this happening with such a reputed brand. I am not a fan of Toyota cars, but have a positive picture about their service.
I think this is one-off case got reported but there must be many other cases with similar incidences which never got reported. This reporting is important since Toyota charges HEAVY premium for their not-so VFM cars (no offence). I was in queue for a used Fortuner 4x2 AT, but after seeing this thread I have completely changed my decision.

If the service is so cumbersome then I cannot imagine the agony one may face since Toyota has a service interval of 5k-10k kms. I pity those people who have to go through this so frequently.
Suddenly I started to feel safer with my Fiat. Fiat after sales has problems too but they are not disguised like Toyota. The only difference is that the Fiat problems gets glitteringly reported and screamed out loud making a small problem look giant.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 15:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Service Experiences @ Nandi Toyota, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
The bumper price of etios seems to be exorbitant. IIRC, my neighbor got their i20 bumper replaced and painted for under 6k at dealership.
The bumper cost itself was nominal(~Rs 2500 and grill ~700). The labor charges made up the rest of it (~5000).

Today got a feedback call. They asked me several questions related to getting appointment, quality of work, SA explanations of the work done etc...

One key question (which is pretty much a standard one) they did not ask. 'Was your car delivered at the time promised?' . I jumped in at the end and provided the feedback.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Default Re: Service Experiences @ Nandi Toyota, Bangalore

I was pretty happy with them till 2 years ago. Since then, I've been seeing usual tricks like ac cleaning (2000/-), wiper blades replacement, fuel filter change etc.

They reported cam oil seal need to be changed due to leak, last year. Changed it for some 2500/-. 7K km later, guy is saying it is leaking again and has to be changed. Can't imagine how this can go in 7K when the original equipment was changed after 80K kms!. I'm planning to take car to some regular mechanic to verify.

SAs are courteous, though fresh out of college guys who don't really have much knowledge. Till 2 years ago, solid mechanics used to tell and show what all needs to be done - I do miss that.
vsbabu is offline   Reply With Quote