Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th September 2013, 11:32   #16
BHPian

Default re: Poor experience with Surya Nissan, Bangalore

Got a call from Mr. Suresh y'day evening.

He had called up to inform me that the RTO won't handover the RC Smart Card to anyone else, but me. He said that one of the staffers from Surya Nissan would accompany me to the RTO and I can collect the Smart Card from there.

After I requested him to at least give it a try, he agreed that he will try and get the Smart Card on my behalf, and if unsuccessful, I would have to accompany them.

I asked him if he was aware about other items that are pending from the dealership, to which he read out a paper from my file, and said that nothing was pending as per the details available with him.

I told him that Cushions and Seat Belt covers are still pending, to which he said there are no records that can endorse my statement.

I informed me about the document that I have in my possession, where in the Sales Executive has clearly mentioned the items pending, and he asked me to scan it and send it to his email id so that he can look into it.

Upon querying the email id, I was given agmsales@suryanissan.co.in

I have scanned and forwarded the same to the above mentioned email id. Below is an excerpt from the email that I sent.

I hope my issues are addressed to my satisfaction.
----------------------------------------------------
Hello Suresh,

I appreciate your follow up call.

As discussed, I am attaching a scanned copy of the GATE PASS, issued to me on the day I took the delivery of my vehicle, where in the Sales Executive (Vignesh) has endorsed the items that are pending from Surya Nissan.

As mentioned by me during our telephonic conversation yesterday, I have followed up umpteen number of times for the pending items and have received no convincing response on that, except dilly-dallying tactics.

Mr. Bhanu Prakash even went to the extent of telling me that anything in writing, from among any of the staff members of Surya Nissan, including him, stands void, until endorsed by the owner of the showroom (I don't remember his exact name, but most probably it was Charles). Let me be honest, but this is the most absurd comment I have heard from a person who is into Customer Sales and Service business.

I am writing to you, hoping that my pending issues will be addressed.

I can share more precisely documented details with you, if you would prefer to have a look at them.

I am signing off hoping that I will get to hear from your end soon.

Have a great day ahead!

Thank you.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 13:40   #17
BHPian

First service completed on Saturday, September 28.

Highlights -

1) Servicing done at Surya Nissan's workshop.

2) Most important point in today's scenario - I found this workshop ABSOLUTELY SAFE for solo female drivers, who plan to take the car for service on their own, or in a group with all female members

3) Servicing done at 5941 kms on the odo.

4) Total cost of the service came up to INR 4400/-, including one puncture that was repaired at the rate of INR 150/-

5) 4.5 litres of oil (Mineral), Diesel / Oil / Air filters were changed.

6) Wheel rotation, alignment and balancing done.

7) Car was vacuum-cleaned and washed.

8) Total time taken was 3 hours. All this time I was in the Customer Lounge from where you can have a clear view of what's being done with your car.

9) They put a Surya Nissan sticker on the top portion of the rear windshield, which I didn't like.

10) Couple of wires were found hanging below the rear bumper when I reached home. I was able to place them at their place again, but it should have been checked in the workshop before handing over the car to the customer.

Will upload a scanned copy of the bill, accompanied by pics soon.

Thanks!
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Got a call from Mr. Suresh y'day evening.
agmsales@suryanissan.co.in

I have scanned and forwarded the same to the above mentioned email id.
I hope my issues are addressed to my satisfaction.
Got a reply from Mr. Suresh on the same day I had sent the email quoted in my post above. Please find the response below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went through the copy which you have sent , yes we owe cushions and seat pads to you. As of now we donít have stock of the same, at the same time billing from the plant is also on hold due to half year closing.

We will place the order procure and will be delivered to you, request you to bear with us for some more time. We will do the needful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this stage, I have nothing more to say except the fact that someone in the higher ups has at least acknowledged my concerns which the Sales team had been brushing aside till now.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
3) Servicing done at 5941 kms on the odo.

4) Total cost of the service came up to INR 4400/-, including one puncture that was repaired at the rate of INR 150/-

5) 4.5 litres of oil (Mineral), Diesel / Oil / Air filters were changed.

Thanks!
4.5k for free service. Thats quite a lot. Does Nissan recommend airfilter replacement at 6k kms? Airfilters usually last for 20k kms or about 2 yrs. I very much doubt Nissan even recommends replacing Diesel filter so early.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
4.5k for free service. Thats quite a lot. Does Nissan recommend airfilter replacement at 6k kms? Airfilters usually last for 20k kms or about 2 yrs. I very much doubt Nissan even recommends replacing Diesel filter so early.
The service schedule is 10,000 kms OR 6 months, whichever is earlier.

I believe they would have followed a checklist for this service interval and replaced items even though it had run only 6000 odd kms.

I am yet to compare the servicing cost with other vehicle manufacturers though.
Safety is Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The service schedule is 10,000 kms OR 6 months, whichever is earlier.

I believe they would have followed a checklist for this service interval and replaced items even though it had run only 6000 odd kms.

I am yet to compare the servicing cost with other vehicle manufacturers though.
Your owner's manual will have all the replacement interval guidelines. You could cross check them too. I have a feeling, some parts might not have needed replacement. I could be wrong too.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Your owner's manual will have all the replacement interval guidelines. You could cross check them too. I have a feeling, some parts might not have needed replacement. I could be wrong too.
Thanks, I will check the manual today.

On a side-note, he offered replacing the mineral oil with synthetic one, and when I queried the price he quoted INR 1200 per litre. Since 4.5 litres is required, the oil change itself would have come to INR 5400. In my opinion that was asking for too much just for an oil change, so I settled for Mineral Oil in the end.

The Mineral Oil was Nissan Branded, made by ELF.
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:13   #23
BHPian

Safety is Param,
I feel sorry for you. I sincerely wish you all the very best. The net is full of bad reviews and narration of bad experiences of owning Nissan cars in India.

I had booked a Nissan Micra by paying 50K booking. After 2.5 months canceled the booking and pretty much fought to get my money back. The guys at the dealership could not confirm a delivery date even after 2.5 months. Meanwhile a friend of mine had breaking issues with his Micra and they basically convinced him that it's not a problem. I had escalated my issue with HAI and at GM level at the dealership - but no luck.

I find the Nissan, HAI and the dealerships highly incompetent giving us a feeling that it is beyond them to provide us with good service.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
Meanwhile a friend of mine had breaking issues with his Micra and they basically convinced him that it's not a problem. I had escalated my issue with HAI and at GM level at the dealership - but no luck.

I find the Nissan, HAI and the dealerships highly incompetent giving us a feeling that it is beyond them to provide us with good service.
When I went for my vehicle's 1st service last saturday, I had no issues to report except the MISERABLY UNDER-PERFORMING brakes.

I informed the service advisor about this and the Servicing Manager asked me to accompany him for a test drive of my vehicle.

On the way he said that this vehicle has Booster Brakes and hence, it would come to complete halt in the 2nd braking attempt.

Basically, what he was saying is that if you are driving around 50kmph, the first attempt to brake will be successful, however, if you are around 80 to 100 kmph, and need to brake hard, then you would have to pump the brake twice to get the desired bite out of the brakes. He showed me that by reaching 80 kmph and then pumping the brake twice.

I didn't know what to say after that and hence, kept quiet.

Personally speaking, after spending 11 lacs, I didn't want a car where I had to pump the brake twice, more so when 80 kmph is the standard speed to achieve maximum mileage and it is a safe speed as well. I also believe that the car remains in a driver's complete control at 80 kmph, but if I have to pump the brake twice, I wouldn't call that "under control" !!!

But again, after driving 6000 kms in everyday Bangalore traffic I am happy that I bought this vehicle.

It's the people who are running the show that I am dissatisfied with!!!
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:34   #25
BHPian

Safety is Param, I don't know if I should laugh or cry on the explanation SA gave you on the braking issue. To my knowledge it is not advisable to pump anti-lock brakes. You simply apply the brake naturally as required and you would end up applying vigorously in emergency situations (natural instinct). I would take a second opinion on SA's braking logic.

Hope your car runs without a single issue and hope you don't have to deal with Nissan Service. All the best.

Last edited by kaizanfan : 3rd October 2013 at 20:38.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
First service completed on Saturday, September 28.

10) Couple of wires were found hanging below the rear bumper when I reached home. I was able to place them at their place again, but it should have been checked in the workshop before handing over the car to the customer.
Saw the below scenes upon reaching the office parking lot today evening

Must say, what a SHODDY JOB!!!!!

They had called me yesterday for service feedback. When I said "8 out of 10", they said "sir, 8 means poor, 9 means good and 10 means excellent".

What the heck!!!! If 8 is poor, then what about 1 through 7?

When I mentioned about the in-secured wiring they asked me to come to the service station so that they could have a look at it. I stay in Banashankari and the service station is in Electronic City.

Seriously, should I travel this much distance just to fix these wires, something which should have already been done before the car was handed over to the customer?

How I wish they call me again, and I rate them (-10) this time!!

Old 3rd October 2013, 21:32   #27
BHPian

I am glad I got out of the Nissan deal. This is unbelievable. And you're absolutely right, who would drive long distance to have them look at loose wires that they created. They won't cover that cost.

Safety is Param, I really admire you for exposing the Nissan service issues in this forum. You're doing a thankless job. You don't want others to go thru this ordeal. Having said that, I hope your car runs without any issues as long as you own it.

There's another post I found which talks about inadequate breaking:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2827031 (The Nissan Experience=Horrible!)

All the best.

Last edited by kaizanfan : 3rd October 2013 at 21:33.
kaizanfan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 15:17   #28
BHPian

The title of this thread got changed, any idea how? Would the Mods have done it?
Safety is Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 17:08   #29
BHPian

I am not sure that whether your car is equipped with ABS, if so, never pump the brakes at any cost, esp during a panic braking. If not, pump the brakes to avoid skidding due to wheel locking.

Which are those hanging wires, it seems that they are not stock wires. I think you yourself can secure it properly instead of going to the service center again.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 17:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I am not sure that whether your car is equipped with ABS, if so, never pump the brakes at any cost, esp during a panic braking. If not, pump the brakes to avoid skidding due to wheel locking.

Which are those hanging wires, it seems that they are not stock wires. I think you yourself can secure it properly instead of going to the service center again.
Yes, both the models of Sunny (XL and XV) are equipped with ABS and Air Bags. Despite the suggestion from the service center, I am not pumping the brakes, as I didn't feel that was the appropriate solution to my concern. It can be termed as a MANUFACTURING DEFECT to be honest, and COST CUTTING to be blunt!!!

I am not sure what those wires are, but I am assuming they are the ones for the number plate, etc.? Not sure, if the wiring for the rear end of the car goes through the boot?