Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 11:34   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Shocked to read this. I was under the impression that the newer roll outs of the XUV5OO were clear of a majority of problems that plagued the initial batch. Looks like nothing has changed. Sad to read about this SUV which is brilliant when it all works. I could not for once think of anything ever going wrong when I first experienced the XUV.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Yes, m-upreti, it is extremely worrying. And this is a May manufacture car, which supposedly has all niggles ironed out. Sadly, not the case, and I still have a good few to contend with.

Yes, this is my only demand. You either give me a new car or you take the car back and refund the money I paid to you. I think this is going to be a long battle.
I think I better hold on my decision to buy the XUV for some more time as I am not in an extreme hurry to change my Scorpio which is running perfectly for the last 4 out of 5 yrs of ownership years (first year was only trips to the A.S.S.)

As far as refund / new car is concerned, I am not sure that is ever an option available to us. Even the legal recourse at max would provide you with free replacement of parts & repairs and probably a small amount for mental harresment.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 14:16   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Shocked to read this. I was under the impression that the newer roll outs of the XUV5OO were clear of a majority of problems that plagued the initial batch. Looks like nothing has changed. Sad to read about this SUV which is brilliant when it all works. I could not for once think of anything ever going wrong when I first experienced the XUV.
In fact, that was my thought too, therefore bought off the May batch. But even this comes with its share of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I think I better hold on my decision to buy the XUV for some more time as I am not in an extreme hurry to change my Scorpio which is running perfectly for the last 4 out of 5 yrs of ownership years (first year was only trips to the A.S.S.)

As far as refund / new car is concerned, I am not sure that is ever an option available to us. Even the legal recourse at max would provide you with free replacement of parts & repairs and probably a small amount for mental harresment.
I plan to take it up with the highest possible levels. Have initiated with the customer care and the head of the A&F division. Am giving it a day odd. If this doesn't work, I have a window now open to Anand Mahindra which I will utilize to get this state of affairs across to him.
Unless Mahindra really pulls up its socks, I can only see a slow death.

Last edited by bblost : 27th August 2013 at 14:27.
Driiive! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 19:03   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 193
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Just unbelievable! if not human error.

Briefly tweet to Anand Mahindra. Incident does have serious gravity.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 22:17   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Just to update the forum. I am meeting the Mahindra representatives on Saturday. My stand is clear, replacement of the stolen parts is not the ultimate answer. I probably am too fanatic about about my steed, and this incident (including the initial lack of response from the Mahindra representatives) has really driven me up the wall.
I am asking them to replace the car since I do not know what else could have been changed in the car. As of now, I have a myraid set of issues with the car, which I am not sure is because parts were replaced or whether it is a part of the regular set of issues the car comes up with. I have no intention of living with this uncertainity for the rest of my life. And I intend to do everything possible, including taking them to court if need be, to get this result. Have also consulted a high court advocate and have the opinion that it is a straightforward case in my favor.
The outcome of the Saturday meeting will decide my future course of action, or hopefully, closure on the issue.
Driiive! is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:49   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
m_upreti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Just to update the forum. I am meeting the Mahindra representatives on Saturday. My stand is clear, replacement of the stolen parts is not the ultimate answer. I probably am too fanatic about about my steed, and this incident (including the initial lack of response from the Mahindra representatives) has really driven me up the wall.
I am asking them to replace the car since I do not know what else could have been changed in the car. As of now, I have a myraid set of issues with the car, which I am not sure is because parts were replaced or whether it is a part of the regular set of issues the car comes up with. I have no intention of living with this uncertainity for the rest of my life. And I intend to do everything possible, including taking them to court if need be, to get this result. Have also consulted a high court advocate and have the opinion that it is a straightforward case in my favor.
The outcome of the Saturday meeting will decide my future course of action, or hopefully, closure on the issue.
All the best, we will eagerly await your update on this and this may as well set a precedent in customer rights in the industry.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 10:24   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Good luck with the meeting! Hopefully, your voes would be addressed to your satisfaction.

I also feel that Mahindra should initiate a strong action against the dealership in question, maybe you could highlight this point as well.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 13:03   #23
BHPian
 
gopu.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kochi.
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

This is madness, I mean how on earth can the dealerships stand for these unthoughtful acts, dont they need to have some kind of ethics, atleast shoudnt M&M see that their customers are indeed the prized assets.
Come on M&M, wake up to the voice of your prized assets !!
gopu.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:26   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Can't imagine such things can happen. You can't really trust these so called company authorized service centres. I am worried about new cars that undergoes PDI from their captive authorized service centres.
epranay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:29   #25
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,702
Thanked: 7,596 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
Just to update the forum. I am meeting the Mahindra representatives on Saturday. My stand is clear, replacement of the stolen parts is not the ultimate answer.
....
The outcome of the Saturday meeting will decide my future course of action, or hopefully, closure on the issue.
Any updates from the meeting?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:00   #26
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Hi SDP, thank you for asking, but no, nothing concrete yet. I did meet them on Saturday, i.e. the GM of G3 and a gentleman whom I was introduced to as the head of customer service Mumbai. I went with my good friend and lawyer, a senior advocate from the High Court, so that he could advice me after understanding the case.
The Mahindra team have agreed that there has been a fraud, and have apologized. They have in principle agreed to discuss internally and come back to me.
My lawyer has also let me know that I have a watertight case in the occassion I choose to file.
Waiting for a day odd, then will take the call. I will keep the forum updated.
Driiive! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:00   #27
BHPian
 
xuv2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
My lawyer has also let me know that I have a watertight case in the occassion I choose to file.
Waiting for a day odd, then will take the call. I will keep the forum updated.
Dear Driiive!, I suggest you do not even think of sparing them at all. Although G3 has committed the fraud, it is Mahindra's responsibility to oversea their authorized dealerships! All this nonsense of not knowing who committed the fraud is just fooling you! Obviously you will never know what all have they changed and how much your car may have been compromised from the safety point of view. My strong suggestion is to offer only two options to M&M:

1. Replace the car altogether
2. Refund the on-road amount paid
3. Meet me in the consumer court, more since this is an open and shut case of foolishness and unprofessional behavior.

For any of the suggestions I have raised above, let M&M choose who has to bear the costs, but don't you even think of sparing them! Only when you push them hard, they will learn of their foolishness and M&M will get strong on their dealerships.

I too owned a XUV5OO for exactly one year and then built a strong case for refund considering the trillion issues I was facing, and let me tell you, I succeeded without going to court! Although I was mentally prepared that I will surely go if they do not respond. My XUV5OO has over 13-14 visits to the service center in 12 months.

It is only when people like you and me raise their voice, automotive companies will learn how to treat their customers. In fact Mahindra is the only company who has barely progressed all these years in terms of honesty, customer service & quality. They can compromise on safety at any given point of time!

Last edited by xuv2390 : 3rd September 2013 at 21:03.
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 21:29   #28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 22
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Dear Driiive!, I suggest you do not even think of sparing them at all. Although G3 has committed the fraud, it is Mahindra's responsibility to oversea their authorized dealerships! All this nonsense of not knowing who committed the fraud is just fooling you! Obviously you will never know what all have they changed and how much your car may have been compromised from the safety point of view.

It is only when people like you and me raise their voice, automotive companies will learn how to treat their customers. In fact Mahindra is the only company who has barely progressed all these years in terms of honesty, customer service & quality. They can compromise on safety at any given point of time!
I completely agree. It is this very worry about what else they could have changed and what other ways my vehicle has been compromised that I am taking this up. Been driving me up the wall and every creak and thud now has me thinking of what else they could have done.

Companies should learn that they cannot use consumers as guinea pigs. AND top it up with dishonest, unethical practices in their workshops / authorized centres to make a quick buck.

I have been offered freebies in the form of accessories and a host of benefits till the time I keep the car. Have let them know that this is not what I am looking for. As you have mentioned, refund OR replacement. In fact, now, with the levels of response from them, I am contemplating closing the second option and insisting on the first. As their customer service head correctly pointed out, even in the case of a replacement, I still have to contend with the same levels of trust and service. Point taken. If it drags on longer, mental harrasment is also on my list. Its in their interests to close.

Luckily, got to know from a friend who owns a event / promotions company that he has access to Anand Mahindra. Probably ridiculous to take this up to their level. But, worst case scenario, I was thinking I should escalate to them and at least let them know the state of affairs at their company before I take further steps. Would be only fair to keep all parties in the know and give them a chance to resolve before I rake it up further.

Getting madder by the minute.
Driiive! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:46   #29
BHPian
 
xuv2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driiive! View Post
I completely agree. It is this very worry about what else they could have changed and what other ways my vehicle has been compromised that I am taking this up. Been driving me up the wall and every creak and thud now has me thinking of what else they could have done.

Getting madder by the minute.
I complete understand your feelings! Dont spare them, I would suggest, get the refund and get out of this mess altogether, irrespective of whether you like the car or not, when the company is not trustworthy and lacks customer service all together why continue with them?

Don't opt for the useless freebies! Do let us know the final outcome and surely let me know if you need any help.
xuv2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 08:58   #30
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,702
Thanked: 7,596 Times
Default Re: Part Replacement Fraud at Mahindra Dahisar Workshop

Driiive!

There are other ways of looking at the same situation.

1. You can get a replacement and stick with the same service-center for your service/repair needs. M&M is not going to pick up the tab for a malpractice at the dealer's end. This would teach such a huge lesson to the service center that they would never touch at least your vehicle with any inappropriate intent.

2. You can get a refund and go for a vehicle from another brand (may be a Skoda Yeti or a Fortuner). This way you start from scratch. There is no guarantee again that the new service-center of a different manufacturer would not try to cheat you.

In a way, the first option is "remove the leech, clean the wound and then step on the leech a couple times so that it doesn't bite you again" and the second option is "remove the leech, clean the wound and then step into another leech-infested puddle"

PS: If you are not happy with the vehicle itself, please get a refund and move on. Brilliant opportunity.

Last edited by SDP : 5th September 2013 at 09:07.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bombay Tyres - Santacruz(Milan subway),Dahisar & Borivali hvishwanathan Mumbai 6 14th May 2016 20:02
Polaris Slingshot: Part car, part motorcycle, all excitement ashkamath The International Automotive Scene 0 2nd September 2014 17:12
New MH47 RTO in Mumbai: Goregaon to Dahisar Area ghodlur The Indian Car Scene 2 19th February 2014 23:22
Wheel Alignment : J C Auto (Dahisar W, Mumbai) mdesai_1981 Mumbai 3 1st July 2010 15:43
Correct stock replacement Air filter part number for Sonata 2.0 CRDi rohitrk Modifications & Accessories 0 30th January 2009 12:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks