Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 10:17   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I have sent photo copies of the invoice, EW document to KHT motors and a copy to Regional Customer support Manager-TML as well.

I hope to get a revert from them this time atleast.
thanks
keyan

Hello All

Some startling revelations!!

I spoke to Global Administration today and the admin in charge for motor vehicle says, KHT motors had sent an email asking to cancel this policy number.

I requested them and have forwarded the mail copy from which KHT motors sent to Global Administration, in which KHT motors has asked to cancel my extended warranty as on 16th Dec 2010. The purchase of the vehicle was on 16th Aug 2010.

KHT motors never intimated me about the cancellation of extended warranty by mail/phone whatsoever.

thanks
keyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Along with the EW booklet, you must also got the EW certificate I hope. Even with no certificate, the booklet with the serial no is a sufficient proof that you have taken the EW. Write a strong worded mail to the dealer and if required confront the top officials of the dealer personally. Keep the Tata guys in loop too.

This is crazy. First we buy EW and then we need to ensure that its registered too.
Ghodlur, i have sent a photocopies of the invoice and EW document to KHT and TML customer care.
Also got to know from Global administration today, there was mail sent by KHT to cancel my EW policy and have a mail from Global administration for that.

Last edited by Zappo : 18th September 2013 at 17:22. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 17:50   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Hi all, I had posted this issue on the TFI forum and here's what Mr. Adit, the owner of KHT had to say about this particular case:

Quote:
@Luke,

Well i am aware of this case that has come up.......it is a 2010 case......also there i no payment record found by us in his file which makes the process even more difficult.....also he bought it through a leasing option which complicates things further as the leasing company does not usually take EW.......

The biggest problem is that no payment record is found against EW........We have taken it up and looking at the options........But what i fail to understand is that someone realises 3 years later that his EW is not valid ....lol......

who ever has read this post in TeamBhp please post my reply there as i am not a member.......
from what Keyank has told, if no payment was made for the EW, how was the policy issued to him in the first place?

As far as not checking whether the warranty is in force or not for 2 years, why would anybody suspect that the warranty/insurance is not valid unless and until a claim is made, especially when you have a legal document proving that you have extended warranty. The absence of warranty cover was only found out when a claim was made by Keyank after the normal warranty expired (2 years from the purchase of vehicle).

Even my Safari is bought on company lease and there was absolutely no issue in having an extended warranty, so don't know what Mr.Adit thinks is a complication.

I'm sure Keyank can respond to Mr. Adit's claim.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 18:06   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi all, I had posted this issue on the TFI forum and here's what Mr. Adit, the owner of KHT had to say about this particular case:



from what Keyank has told, if no payment was made for the EW, how was the policy issued to him in the first place?

As far as not checking whether the warranty is in force or not for 2 years, why would anybody suspect that the warranty/insurance is not valid unless and until a claim is made, especially when you have a legal document proving that you have extended warranty. The absence of warranty cover was only found out when a claim was made by Keyank after the normal warranty expired (2 years from the purchase of vehicle).

Even my Safari is bought on company lease and there was absolutely no issue in having an extended warranty, so don't know what Mr.Adit thinks is a complication.

I'm sure Keyank can respond to Mr. Adit's claim.
Mr.Adit's response is like stating, how to check the veracity if one's life insurance is valid, will the insurance pay up by killing oneself? I fail to understand how this is a laughing matter for a responsible dealer while a customer who has put his/her hard earned money in trusting a dealer and while the customer is suffering.
During the normal course i encountered an issue by way of faulty AC knob and had requested the service centre to replace it under EW, hence I got to know of this policy not registered with the relevant insurance/administrative firm.

on the aspect of company lease, many mid-large companies today offer this to their employees as a HR initiative to retain their employees and thereby mutually benefit. Technically it's a lot less cumbersome for a dealer to work on a company lease, since the leasing company will pay upfront in the form a DD for the purchase.
keyank is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 18:41   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

It is extremely fishy. They can say whatever they say. But KHT's logic is riddled with holes.

1. You will never realize that the policy you hold with the dealer's signature/stamp etc is actually invalid. I am not surprised that the owner of the vehicle took this long to realize that the EW is not valid. In the 1st 2 years it is the regular warranty that he would have used anyhow

2. The dealer silently got the policy cancelled 3 months after the policy was bought. Did they send a note to the buyer who is the 1st party in this case? Were they not obliged to do so since on record they sold this policy to the 1st party?

3. It is very easy to claim that there is no payments on the record after 2-3 years. The buyer can't go and check their backend files and records to check on whether everything is properly updated. As a buyer I can only pay and ensure that I have a valid acknowledgement from you of the same at the time. Which I have in this case in the form of that EW booklet with proper stamp. It is now for them to honor their commitment. If someone ran a scam internally in your office and siphoned off the money I can't be made to suffer for that.

I think this is going to be a little more than simple. The OP may need to start looping in the Tata guys.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 18:46   #20
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

These all a lame excuses by the owner of KHT.

If you have the resources then send a legal notice or put a consumer court case.
Only thing required is communication mentioning EW was in the deal or Payment receipt.

Otherwise the will maintain that customer didn't pay hence EW was cancelled.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 18:53   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
It is extremely fishy. They can say whatever they say. But KHT's logic is riddled with holes.

1. You will never realize that the policy you hold with the dealer's signature/stamp etc is actually invalid. I am not surprised that the owner of the vehicle took this long to realize that the EW is not valid. In the 1st 2 years it is the regular warranty that he would have used anyhow

2. The dealer silently got the policy cancelled 3 months after the policy was bought. Did they send a note to the buyer who is the 1st party in this case? Were they not obliged to do so since on record they sold this policy to the 1st party?

3. It is very easy to claim that there is no payments on the record after 2-3 years. The buyer can't go and check their backend files and records to check on whether everything is properly updated. As a buyer I can only pay and ensure that I have a valid acknowledgement from you of the same at the time. Which I have in this case in the form of that EW booklet with proper stamp. It is now for them to honor their commitment. If someone ran a scam internally in your office and siphoned off the money I can't be made to suffer for that.

I think this is going to be a little more than simple. The OP may need to start looping in the Tata guys.
Zappo

I have an email copy of the mail sent to Global Administration asking to cancel my policy number (with correct details of the vehicle VIN, make,date, value) and also with a mention this will payment will be adjusted in the next payment.

This mail is dated 4 months(16th Dec 2010) after my invoice date (16th Aug 2010 was the vehicle delivered)
There was no intimation by mail and/or phone for cancelling this policy from KHT.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:00   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

My reply to Adit on TFI seems to have been removed, so let me ask him a few questions here, from his own admission, he is aware of this thread:

1) Why did KHT issue a policy when it was not paid for? Do you do it often?
Even if a policy was issued on goodwill, don't you think you should at least give a valid policy as a gift?

2) How can you as a dealer laugh (LOL) at a customer who has not checked his policy? You should be grateful that he trusted you so much. From your own statement, you are now asking every customer of KHT to verify every document issued by your company for authenticity, isn't it a crying shame?

3) Like how Zappo mentioned above, EW is valid after 24 months from date of purchase, why would anyone have to check for it's validity before that?

4) And what is that about complications in giving extended Warranty to leased vehicles? Even my Safari is a company leased vehicle and I have been given a fully valid extended warranty cover which has been honoured multiple times now.

Keyank, I think you should go the legal way if KHT does not resolve your issue as soon as possible, we are aware that yours is not the only case and I'm sure our Tbhpian friend who's in the same boat as you will expose the dealership's misdeeds here.

Quote:
Only thing required is communication mentioning EW was in the deal or Payment receipt.

Otherwise the will maintain that customer didn't pay hence EW was cancelled.
V&V, I don't think any proof other than the warranty booklet which has the vehicle details and also has the official seal and signature of the dealership is required. Keyank has not stolen a booklet from KHT.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 18th September 2013 at 19:03.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:03   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,620 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Hey!

I too spoke to Adit and he explained how it's like a insurance cover note that is issued and policy raised & confirmed after payment. During delivery the extended warranty cover note was issued but since after that payment was not received the extended warranty was not activated.

Do you have proof of paying them, like a separate mention of EW somewhere in the receipts?

When I took delivery, I made them explain all the receipts and difference b/w EW & AMC twice.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 18th September 2013 at 19:08.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:10   #24
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Also, having bought the fourth car now through leasing companies, i am 100% sure that leasing companies (like LeasePlan, Orix) shall not pay for extended warranty.
@Keyank: Maybe you could check with your leasing partner if they have a proof of payment for the extended warranty.
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:29   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

@luke

Since EW is an insurance IMO the document is invalid with out proof of payment. I got my EW almost after a month along with a separate payment receipt and the booklet.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:54   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
Zappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5,653
Thanked: 2,012 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Only thing required is communication mentioning EW was in the deal or Payment receipt.

Otherwise the will maintain that customer didn't pay hence EW was cancelled.
Well, that EW booklet with all the details filled and stamped and signed by the dealer is the communication. EW is bought off the shelf as well. You do not write letters and wire money to buy one. The fact that they sold it and then after 3-4 months silently reverted it back without informing the buyer smacks of some deeper problem here.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 21:35   #27
BHPian
 
SaurabhSaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: India
Posts: 124
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@luke

Since EW is an insurance IMO the document is invalid with out proof of payment. I got my EW almost after a month along with a separate payment receipt and the booklet.
Even if the EW is an insurance then also when we buy new car we do not give separate payment for car insurance and don't get the separate receipt for that as well. In my experience of buying 3 cars, I never got different receipts for Insurance and EW.

We usually make payment like:

- Booking Amount
- DD from Bank (If Car Loan is opted)
- Balance Payment

and the dealer also raises the receipt of amount in favour of owner's name and mention car model purchased.

Even if KHT Motors had any confusion over the payment towards the EW opted by customer then they should have first contacted the customer rather than getting the insurance cancelled without any intimation.

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 12:19   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Even if the EW is an insurance then also when we buy new car we do not give separate payment for car insurance and don't get the separate receipt for that as well. In my experience of buying 3 cars, I never got different receipts for Insurance and EW.

We usually make payment like:

- Booking Amount
- DD from Bank (If Car Loan is opted)
- Balance Payment

and the dealer also raises the receipt of amount in favour of owner's name and mention car model purchased.

Even if KHT Motors had any confusion over the payment towards the EW opted by customer then they should have first contacted the customer rather than getting the insurance cancelled without any intimation.

-
SS
SS you are right, moreover this was a company leased purchase, so there was no way multiple cheque or DD was possible. They issued a release order on KHT motors and single DD for the invoice value. There was also an under body anti rust done (have only a warranty card issued by 3M with KHT seal) no receipt for this as well.

If they had contacted me I could have atleast worked out or even paid that EW cost when there was time to avail the EW.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 19:05   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: KHT Motors (Bangalore) didn't file my extended warranty. Now what?

To update today's progress, the customer relations exe called me asking me for my bank account number, I asked for what you need this.
she said we will transfer 7000 of the EW to my account.
As per Mr.Adit's post on TFI there are no records of payment received for EW. How did this suddenly appear in their books is a surprise. I refused, she again called later this evening I told her I need the EW to be activated, figure out a solution with TML and revert.
keyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 12:29   #30
BHPian
 
SaurabhSaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: India
Posts: 124
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
To update today's progress, the customer relations exe called me asking me for my bank account number, I asked for what you need this.
she said we will transfer 7000 of the EW to my account.
As per Mr.Adit's post on TFI there are no records of payment received for EW. How did this suddenly appear in their books is a surprise. I refused, she again called later this evening I told her I need the EW to be activated, figure out a solution with TML and revert.
Keyank, have got the extended warranty issue solved?
SaurabhSaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore - New Tata/Fiat dealership J.Ravi Indian Car Dealerships 46 18th September 2017 11:00
Chevrolet Extended Warranty: Now purchase within 34 months (not 36) ani_meher The Indian Car Scene 8 2nd November 2014 10:34
Tata Motors - Extended Warranty Woes (Vista TDi) nukeblitz Indian Car Dealerships 8 10th March 2013 11:41
Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors anujmishra Indian Car Dealerships 9 27th May 2012 16:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks