Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 1st May 2014, 02:44   #16
Default Re: Poor experience with Shaman Cars, Mumbai

Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
My 2 month old Polo got a slight scratch and they quoted a price of Rs 7500/- for repainting it.
The standard operating procedure/ instructions provided to VW Dealerships with regards to painting is that the entire panel has to be painted even if there is a small scratch which can usually be repaired by spot painting / touch up.

VW says that this is because they provide you a 6 years anti-corrosion / anti-rust guarantee on the panels of the car.

I have heard of some dealerships willing to do a touch up / spot painting as long as the customer gives in writing that he / she is willing to fore go the paint / anti rust warranty.

My two cents: Get the same repaired / painted under insurance.
f1dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote