Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 23rd December 2013, 10:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Bad Experience with Oberoi Fiat, Noida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Eeeew! I hope everyone is safe. Please, get your car out of the PS as soon as possible. Was the truck driver apprehended? Could you get a formal report filed?

It seems the Q4 of 2013 is the "Quarter of Misfortunes" for a segment of FIAT owners. How many accident cases involving Lineas and Puntos are being shared now on TBHP? I seriously need a "Happy new year" come 2014. Wish me...er..us, folks!
I was alone driving back to home from office, so just the thought itself of family inside car in these situations is simply harrowing. I passed out for several minutes because of shock, but physically scratch less. This is my second FIAT and the only reason I bought it is the thought of these kind of situations on our road and my faith in it is well answered by its rigid and strong structure in this situation. It really is built like small tank. The truck driver ran away but people caught hold of helper guy. The FIR is filled, both truck and car is in police station and need order from court to get the car out. Judge left courts early on Friday and Saturday was lawyers strike there in Ghaziabad Courts, trying today, let's see what will happen. If not successful in getting the order today or tomorrow than have to wait for courts opening in new year.

Regards
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 12:28   #17
BHPian

Just to give you the latest update that the car is almost ready and a test drive has been done. But there seems to be a couple of problems like:
  • car not pulling in 2nd gear; it has become more shorter than earlier.
  • Driver seat height adjustment is not fully working.
  • Paint marks on rubber / plastics are visible. But will be again worked upon.

Rest of the complaints have been nicely resolved by Mr. Gopalan. It was ready a week earlier but when I visited for the test drive, there were still many problems. The major problem was the color mismatch. I saw my Bosa Nova white punto in three different shades, in different areas. Now it seems fine. Also Mr. Gopalan has advised me to come back after completing 1000 kms for another checkup. Planning to drive to Chandigarh or Punjab to complete these 1000 kms quickly. Hope that it won't let me down on the highways!

The car is ready to be delivered and the total bill amount is 3.80+ lacs, out of which I have to pay around 1.20 lacs. I am waiting for the detailed break up of the expenses calculated by the insurance company, which is supposed to be received by today. I was surprised to hear the expenses done on my car, therefore going to check the detailed breakup (part wise) calculated by the insurance company. Hope that it's a good approach before paying this much amount?

And as per the policy they don't accept cheques. Either cash or drafts. I may have to wait for another couple of days after verifying the detailed charges and handing over the cheque to the workshop.

On 2nd January 2014, my car will complete 3 months in Oberoi's workshop!

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2013, 12:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Just to give you the latest update that the car is almost ready and a test drive has been done. But there seems to be a couple of problems like:
  • Driver seat height adjustment is not fully working.
  • Paint marks on rubber / plastics are visible. But will be again worked upon.

Rest of the complaints have been nicely resolved by Mr. Gopalan. It was ready a week earlier but when I visited for the test drive, there were still many problems. The major problem was the color mismatch. I saw my Bosa Nova white punto in three different shades, in different areas. Now it seems fine. Also Mr. Gopalan has advised me to come back after completing 1000 kms for another checkup. Planning to drive to Chandigarh or Punjab to complete these 1000 kms quickly. Hope that it won't let me down on the highways!

The car is ready to be delivered and the total bill amount is 3.80+ lacs, out of which I have to pay around 1.20 lacs. I am waiting for the detailed break up of the expenses calculated by the insurance company, which is supposed to be received by today. I was surprised to hear the expenses done on my car, therefore going to check the detailed breakup (part wise) calculated by the insurance company. Hope that it's a good approach before paying this much amount?

And as per the policy they don't accept cheques. Either cash or drafts. I may have to wait for another couple of days after verifying the detailed charges and handing over the cheque to the workshop.

On 2nd January 2014, my car will complete 3 months in Oberoi's workshop!

Cheers!
Irish
I have in my life never seen a bizarre situation like this. The pictures you had posted tells a complete story of the way things are handled at this particular workshop. Three months is too much a time for carrying out these kind of repairs and fault finding activities.

The whole concept of getting the servicing done from the authorized workshops is irrelevant if you are made to witness this kind of a situation.

The final bill is another shocker and is not going to be easy on anyone's pocket.

Anyway, All the best and I do hope that once you are out of Oberoi's workshop you will never ever visit them again for what they have done to you.

Please post the final pictures of your fully repaired car when it is delivered. I am more keen to have a look at the interiors.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 15:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:

The car is ready to be delivered and the total bill amount is 3.80+ lacs, out of which I have to pay around 1.20 lacs. I am waiting for the detailed break up of the expenses calculated by the insurance company,

What about the general feel while driving? Pulling/alignment issues?

3.8+ L?? Wow...thats a lot! But for second running year, it is 10% depreciation right? And 50% for plastics....so how is it that it is 1.2L from self?
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 17:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I have in my life never seen a bizarre situation like this. The pictures you had posted tells a complete story of the way things are handled at this particular workshop. Three months is too much a time for carrying out these kind of repairs and fault finding activities.

The whole concept of getting the servicing done from the authorized workshops is irrelevant if you are made to witness this kind of a situation.
Quote:

3.8+ L?? Wow...thats a lot! But for second running year, it is 10% depreciation right? And 50% for plastics....so how is it that it is 1.2L from self?
There was a tyre wobbling issue which was rectified (dent in steel rim) by them after me pressurizing for the same. Otherwise I was told to take the delivery and get it fixed later.

I am yet to see the detailed breakdown of the expenses.

UPDATE ON 7th Jan 2014

Guys,

The car is ready to be delivered (1 week back) but WITHOUT providing me a detailed breakup of the expenses. Have you seen such kind of situation where the car is ready but the customer is waiting for the detailed breakdown of expenses for more than 1 week?

I have been in touch with Mr. Gopalan, who is helpless, becasue as per him, the breakup will be sent only by the insurance provider. After waiting for a week, Mr. Gopalan is also helpless.

Mr. Magnesh seems to be busy, as there is no follow up by the FIAT India on my problem.

Now I am chasing the person (Mr. Harmeet Singh) from Future Generali insurance company, on my own but he is also not provding the required breakup. He has been advising me to take the delivery of the car without reveiwing the detailed breakup of the expenses. Being a customer, am I not supposed to review the expenses before paying 1.20 lacs?

It's 7th Jan today and I had given my car on 2nd October 2013 (1600 hrs) to Oberoi motors. 95 days!

Overall, I can say that it has been MESS while dealing with FIAT India, Oberoi Motors and Future Generali. SHAME!

There is absolutely NO SIGN of delivery of my Punto; and I am also sure about the post delivery hiccups.

I AM HIGHLY FRUSTRATED FIAT CUSTOMER!

- Irish
Old 9th January 2014, 11:44   #21
BHPian

Update as on 8th January

Called up Future Generali insurance surveyor and as usual he promised for the breakdown by evening.

Wanted to speak to the MD of Oberoi Motors, the receptionist kept asking me the problem and kept me on hold and transferred in Service department. Again requested her to trasnfer it to the MD but she said he won't talk on service related queries even if a car is with them for 3 months. I disconnected the phone after a useless call of more than 6 minutes.

Dialled Mr. Mangesh's number and fortunately, I was able to talk to him. He took Mr. Gopalan in a conferrence and after listening to the problem, he assured me about the detailed breakup by evening.

Got the detailed breakup from Future Generali but it is not in a readbale format. But anyhow, tried to match the expenses provided by the Oberoi Motors with the claim settled by the Future Generali.The insurance invoice shows a total amount of parts as 2,23,000 whereas the workshop invoice shows expenses as 2,42,690. As per the insurance advisor, the gap of amount (77,000 approx) is towards the different types of VAT, LABOUR and taxes, which needs to be borne by the customer. Both the invoices are attached in word document after taking the snapshots of the PDFs sent by both of them.

Now I have following doubts:

- There are items which have not been covered by the insurance company at all.
- There are items which have been un-neccessary replaced by the FIAT workshop.
- The amount to be paid by me is 1.20 lacs against the 50k as promised "during" the repairs.

As per them the accident was fatal and that's why the total bill went up to 3 lacs. What if the engine of the car would have affected during the accident? The bill would have crossed 5 lacs. There was a damage on the left side of the car upto the battery. I really failt to understand as to how the repairs can go up to 3 lacs when there was no harm to the engine?

Please suggest as to what can be done now?

Shall I go and take the delivery as of now and then go to the consumer court / Ombudsman?

- IRISH
Attached Files
File Type: docx FutureGenerali_Invoice.docx (1.04 MB, 171 views)
File Type: docx OberoiMotors_Invoice.docx (768.4 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by Irish : 9th January 2014 at 11:51.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Update as on 8th January

Got the detailed breakup from Future Generali but it is not in a readbale format. But anyhow, tried to match the expenses provided by the Oberoi Motors with the claim settled by the Future Generali.The insurance invoice shows a total amount of parts as 2,23,000 whereas the workshop invoice shows expenses as 2,42,690. As per the insurance advisor, the gap of amount (77,000 approx) is towards the different types of VAT, LABOUR and taxes, which needs to be borne by the customer. Both the invoices are attached in word document after taking the snapshots of the PDFs sent by both of them....................

Please suggest as to what can be done now?

Shall I go and take the delivery as of now and then go to the consumer court / Ombudsman?

- IRISH
Buddy seeing your ordeal I am getting jitters now. Similar to yours my Punto left side is also completely gone and as of now I have got estimate of 2+ from Tuli Motors and this is when my engine is absolutely running fine and no damage to it whatsoever. The complete frame of my car is getting changed as it is bent from left side.

The parts price difference between 2 sheets is about 19K which might be due to the reasons that insurance guys would have expected/listed some of the items to be repaired and fixed whereas Oberoi guys ended up replacing whatever they deem suitable. So it is obvious insurance is not going to pay for the cost of those items which they have suggested to use as it is or repaired, and also the labour cost of fixing those items will not be covered. I don't know about the FG policy you have but generally the labour cost is covered for the items insurance agree for replacement. And yes insurance will not cover the vat or taxes on parts, so that is extra.

So in this case I personally assume more fault lies with Oberoi to end up replacing parts which insurance didn't agreed to and they have not taken due permission from you to replace those at your cost at time of repairing. Nothing else comes to my mind and really don't know what to suggest you, to take delivery or to go to consumer court, because I may end up in same dilemma soon and myself would be looking for answers.
humans is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 16:07   #23
BHPian

I am not at all happy with the Oberoi Fiat. I have taken the delivery of my Punto on 22nd Jan I.e. after more than 100 days.

A couple of complaints as well as finishing work has not been performed properly even after reminding them a number of times via mail, sms, phone call and in person. And still they say its a five minute job and they will perform it once I visit their workshop next.

Didn't get a chance to drive it because of other commitments. Planning to drive it to Chandigarh and Punjab on coming weekend.

Cheers
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 16:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I am not at all happy with the Oberoi Fiat. I have taken the delivery of my Punto on 22nd Jan I.e. after more than 100 days.......

Cheers
Irish
So sorry to hear about your travails, but still want to thank you for highlighting the problem with Oberoi Motors. Because of your post I didn't took my car after accident to them despite they being the nearest from the accident location and took it to Tuli Motors, Wazirpur. In the end I must say Tuli Motors did quite a good job. They delivered in committed time of 4 weeks, with good quality (couple of minor hiccups), and the biggest satisfaction the final bill came out about 25% less than the initial estimate. And similar to your's the complete left side (Complete frame, both doors, roof, fenders, etc) and front (Bumper, Windshield, Radiator, Inter cooler, etc.)of my Punto are changed. I took the delivery just day before yesterday and you will be surprised to know that my bill came to less than half of your's bill actually.

In the end for Tuli Motors.

Regards
humans is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
So sorry to hear about your travails, but still want to thank you for highlighting the problem with Oberoi Motors. Because of your post I didn't took my car after accident to them despite they being the nearest from the accident location and took it to Tuli Motors, Wazirpur. In the end I must say Tuli Motors did quite a good job. They delivered in committed time of 4 weeks, with good quality (couple of minor hiccups), and the biggest satisfaction the final bill came out about 25% less than the initial estimate. And similar to your's the complete left side (Complete frame, both doors, roof, fenders, etc) and front (Bumper, Windshield, Radiator, Inter cooler, etc.)of my Punto are changed. I took the delivery just day before yesterday and you will be surprised to know that my bill came to less than half of your's bill actually.

In the end for Tuli Motors.

Regards
I am really shocked to know about your bill amount.

Can you please share a copy of your bill in the forum or via PM? Would like to compare the damage in both the cases.

We all should be thankful to this forum, which has given a platform to all of us (members & non members) to be aware of such dealers and other issues as well.

However, sometimes I feel that posting the reality about the dealers here, is not being taken positively by the dealers and it is the customer who faces the burnt.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 7th February 2014, 17:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please share a copy of your bill in the forum or via PM? Would like to compare the damage in both the cases.

Cheers!
Irish
Attached is my bill copy.

Doc1.docx
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 23:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Irish, I truly feel for you. An accident itself is sad and the bad attitude of service centre makes it worse.

I have been through some difficult times with Fiat, right from that day I bought my car in early 2008. But I am happy to say that once I got out of the clutches of Vivek Auto, at least I only suffered Fiat parts supply and diagnostic problems. The Fiat people have been careful with my car and together we have managed to keep it up and running for 1.26 lakh km despite leaking radiators, leaking power steering pumps and general apathy by the manufacturer itself. Of course, my cardinal rule in life is to treat everyone with respect and patience and I generally get some of it back at the ASC. Lastly, I must add that my car has always been serviced by Mr O. P. Sharma and his team, first at Samyak Motors, then Him Motors and now Kashyap Motors.

I have no experience of Oberoi, except some experience while buying a car for a friend. The sales staff was no different from the sales staff anywhere, arrogant, ill-informed at best. I assume the service staff could be similar.

Last edited by architect : 1st March 2014 at 23:03.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 23:22   #28
BANNED

Mod Note: Post deleted. Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. Use private message instead.
We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd March 2014 at 10:56.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 14:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Please post the final pictures of your fully repaired car when it is delivered. I am more keen to have a look at the interiors.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
So sorry to hear about your travails, but still want to thank you for highlighting the problem with Oberoi Motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I have no experience of Oberoi, except some experience while buying a car for a friend. The sales staff was no different from the sales staff anywhere, arrogant, ill-informed at best. I assume the service staff could be similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Mod Note: Post deleted.

Hi Guys,

Apologies for not updating this thread for quite a long time. I was busy with my exams, office and other stuff.

Update

The delivery of my Punto was taken on 22nd Jan i.e. after more than 100 days after paying a bill of around 1.10 lacs (out of 3+ Lacs total bill amount). Didn't get a chance to drive it until February second week. Took my car to Chandigarh & Punjab on 8th February and this was my first long drive after the repairs. A number of problems were noticed by me on this trip:

Diesel Leakage:
Got the tank refilled at a petrol pump in Pipli (on NH1) on 8th February. And to my surprise the diesel was flowing freely from under the diesel tank, just like a municipality water tap. I could not fix this problem and finally took it to a road side mechanic who finally helped in minimizing the flow to drops. Continued my journey to Chandigarh and the leakage stopped after 1-2 hours. But I lost more than 5 liters of fuel in this process. Never did a tankful on this trip until it a seal was replaced by the Oberoi workshop under the rear seat on 16th February.

Car Pulling towards left
On the way to Chandigarh, I noticed that the car was tilted towards left and it was pulling towards left while driving. Thought that the car was parked on slope but when I saw it from outside, a clear gap in the front tyre and fender of car was visible. When I took it to the workshop they did the alignment and when the same gap was again shown to them they measured it with scale. There was a difference of more than an inch. The root cause analysed was the shocker fitted in my Punto was for old models (prior to 2102 - without GC kit). Shocker was not in stock so this was planned for the next visit on 1st March.

On 1st March, they have fitted the shocker of Linea because as per them both the cars (Linea & Punto) have same shockers. But when I asked them about the different part numbers for both the shockers, they had no answer.

Finally got the Punto shocker fitted on 8th March.

Headlight Focus
It was adjusted on my first visit on 16th Febraury but as usual re-adjusted during 1st March visit.

Temperature Indicator
It was not working properly as the temperature was varying between -20 degree to 40 degrees on its own. It was showing "Expect ice on the road" while driving on NH1 under the hot sun. As per them this could have taken more time, so this issue was not touched on 16th Feb but it got fixed on 1st March. The temperature sensor inside Left ORVM was having loose connection. Now it's working properly.

Paint Marks
In spite of several reminders in person, via mail, over the phone there were paint marks on front windows and a couple of other places. Got them removed on 16th February.

Driver Seat Height Adjustment
Upon setting the driver seat at lowest possible position, it comes up automatically after few hours. As per the workshop people, they have heard about vice versa situation but not this one. They advised to replace the channel but I refused as its going to cost around 4-5k. So nothing has been done and I am living with this issue.

Fuel Cap
The string which keeps the fuel cap with the car was broken during the repair / painting process. Got this wire replaced on 16th February.

Engine Sound
I could feel the engine noise inside the cabin was more than earlier but it's normal as per then workshop. So nothing was done in this and I am living with this issue.

Monograms
Rear monograms ("Punto", "Dynamic") were lost during the repair / painting process. Got them fitted in my visit on 1st March.

There were other minor issues as well and they are were fixed by them. Finally the car seems to be in good shape on 8th March. It is still parked in the garage and I have yet to take it on a long drive to check all such issues. I can feel the engine noise to be more than it used to be ealrier. Need to check this.

The above mentioned issues were faced by me because:

- Fiat sharing the body shop of Tata. Both the workshops are at a distance of around 8 kms within Noida. But as per Mr. Gopalan the new body shop is about to be started in a building very close to their current workshop.

- Mishandling of vehicle at the body shop.

- Carelessness at times, were also noticed which resulted in more visits to the workshop and ultimately workshop had to pay the price.

Hope that above mentioned feedback will help all the Fiat owners visiting the Oberoi Fiat.

During all the visits to the workshop, Mr. Gopalan was very helpful in admitting the faults and finally fixing them on priority basis for me. During all these 5 months, there were few occasion when I was also frustrated on the condition and the way of fixing the issues of my car but Mr. Gopalan was kind enough to listen to all those and direct his staff to perform quality work, by involving himself. Many Thanks to him!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 14th March 2014 at 14:23.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Angry Re: Bad Experience with Oberoi Fiat, Noida

Hi,

I am back after around 1 year of posting the last update. Please read further as to how my association with Oberoi Fiat, is giving me sleepless nights.

After taking the delivery of my Punto, it gave startup problems. After driving few kms or 300 kms, when parked, it was refusing to start. Got it fixed only after more than 5-6 visits to the Oberoi workshop. They replaced the parts like starter motor and something else (forgot now).

During these visits, more damage was done to my car. For example, to resolve a tak tak sound from front wheels, the unexperienced worker destroyed the front winshield of the car while opening the front right side shocker. First he was not ready to accept his mistake but the service advisor had checked it before taking it so he had accept it and finally the front windshield was replaced by the workshop. So they kept it for one more night and I was sent back without it. The public transport is pathetic in that area and the showroom manager was not in a mood to provide a standby vehicle.

The front windshield which was fitted by the workshop free of cost, didn't last long. It developed a crack around 1-1.5 months after they fitted it. This was due the bad alignment of windscreen beeding / packing. The windscreen was coming in direct contact with the metal body of the car (between the wipers) and due to constant viberations, it started developing a crack. Anyhow, when approached the Oberoi workshop for the windshield replacement, I was told that I didn't have a zero depreciation car insurance policy whereas I paid all the dues w.r.t. the zero dep + all consumeables covered policy. So again a series of mails with previous communication (as proof) solved this problem too. I went through the cover note provided earlier but I also realized that we should have gone through the policy document as well. Anyways, lesson learnt!

FRESH NIGHTMARES

This year again I contacted the same person (Ankit- Insurance Manager at Oberoi Fiat) at insurance desk of Oberoi Motors to renew the policy and he promised me to not repeat the same mistake again. So trusting him I purchased the policy (Zero Dep + All Consumeables covered + Loss of Key + Loss of personal belongings) well in time i.e. 10 days before the expiry of current policy. This time I checked the cover note carefully.

To my suprise, Mr. Ankit (Insurance Manager) called me up after 10 days and told me that the amount was misquoted by him and I need to provide another cheque in the name of the insurance company with the difference amount (Rs 2665/-). The cheque was picked up by their field boy from my home. After waiting for another 10-12 days for the policy document, Mr. Ankit told me that the date eneterd should be current date and it should have been the date before the previous policy expired and demanded another cheque.

Since we need the car's policy, another cheque was issued to him with a blank date (as mentioned by him). Their field boy collected the cheque from my place. Now after waiting for another 20 days, I have been informed today by Mr. Ankit that the second cheque is also useless because water spilled on the cheque and the insurance company is demanding a new cheque. I have spoken to Mr. Gopalan and he has promised me to look into the matter and get it resolved as soon as possible. I have not yet contacted Mr. Kodalkar for this issue but if the problem is not resolved in a few days then I will contact him also.

The Insurance Desk is repeating the mistakes again and again. Last year I was charged more and provided a comprehensive policy. This year I am still to get the insurance policy even after 1.5 months of paying the premium. And I don't know when I will receive it.

Now please advise me:

1. Since I do not have the car insurance policy with me so what exactly may happen in case of a mis-happening with my punto? Will I be able to get all the benefits as mentioned in the cover note?

2. In case my car is at risk, shall I raise this issue with the IRDA about the dealings made by the insurance company (Future Generali) and the insurance manager? The policy document has not been provided even after 1.5 months of paying the premium amount.

3. Can I get the 100% refund from the insurance company (Future Generali) and look for another provider?

As mentioned earlier also that the Oberoi Fiat staff is very very careless. People sitting in showroom as well as in the workshop, working casually and creating troubles for their customers. Most of the times they are able to convince the customer by helding him responsible for the mistakes done at their end. Therefore, I would like to advise you guys to be extra carefull while dealing with such a irresponsible FIAT dealership.

A FRUSTRATED OBEROI FIAT CUSTOMER