Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 06:39   #1
BHPian

Default My Experience with Chevrolet Dealer Pashankar Auto PUNE

My family needed a big car as we always move between Mumbai and Pune, we decided to go for the Tavera. We had surveyed showrooms in Mumbai and Pune.
Pashankar auto wheels gave as the best offer and they had a excellent customer handling skills, and would go at any length to retain the customer by giving discounts, free accessory, loan interest etc etc. Seeing the offer and being next to our house we decided to book there.
We booked a black Tavera B3 on 30th March, Made 50% down payment and rest was on loan. We were promised that the car would be delivered by 10th April 2006. They somehow were trying to delay the delivery later which i never realized then. I would call up Pashankar for updates and they were content with the delivery date.

To my worse nightmare SBI bank went on strike. The strike went on for two weeks and as a result the delivery date was posponded(i have no complains for that).

After 12 days when the strike was called off, the downpayment check got cleared, when l called up Pashankar, I was informed that they did not recieve the document for Electronic fund transfer which i posted from Mumbai on 1st April. After posting it again i called up then after 4 days, now they claimed that the document was lost, (their version of the story was the office boy who picked the the document met with an accident and lost it, which later i found was a lie).

I decided to go all the way to pune from Mumbai and deliver it personelly. I was promised the car would be delivered by 24th April. On 23th called up to confirm the time of delivery and i was told that i could be there in the morning.
I was all excited to take the delivery, just when i was about to start for pune i get a call from them. I was told that the delivery would not be possible as the rates of the Tavera and the bank rate of interest was revised. I had pay some more which they were not willing to negotiate at all. By then i had enough gave up the idea of owning the car, i told them that i wanted to cancell the booking and comin to collect the check. Their excuse was that their CEO or Manager was not available to sign the check and only would be available after two days. I call after two days i get a different version of excuse they say that their bosses are not available for the next 1 week.

I thought i had enough i better go there and cancell the deal, so i went all the way to pune. On reaching there I found no bosses were on leave. At first for atleast one hour there was no one to attend me, was waiting for someone to attend me. I could see them how they were laying traps for the would-be customers by them good discounts.
They were willing to negotiate on the deal and i had no intension to pick up the car from them after all i went through. Finally they waived off all the extra amount which i had to pay, i thought of giving them another chace and wnet for it. Now vehicle was suppose to be delivered on 8th May and they had 6 days in had to comple the processing.

This is not over here i get a call from them (first call from the dealer) saying that i had to shell out another 21 thousand as the rate of registration was increased by Govt of Maharashtra. I did not want to debate on this point with them as i just wanted to close the deal had enough from them, i agreed to pay the amount. Now again the delivery date was posponded to 11th which later changed to 12 th then finally 15th oh! thats not over, I have them another day as i knew how punctual they were, i though i could pick up the vehicle early in the morning and reach my office by afternoon.

I Left Mumbai on 15th night had to take a bus this time, spent the night in pune, next morning i reached the Showroom 16th May.
9:00 AM i saw a black tavera parked and was for sure that it was the vehicle as it had the accesories which was order. When i took a close look i found that the vehicle did not have a number plate. Enquired abt the number plate. They said its on the way.
10:00 AM no number plate
11:00 AM no number plate
12:00 AM no number plate
01:00 PM vehicle taken for wash. But the vehicle delivery date was on 15th was suppose to be ready. why were they taking for a wash again, got no explaination.
02:00 PM No number plate. Decided to check the vehicle myself and to my suprise i found lots of stains which were in the process of being removed by 3M treatment. I was given a explaination that they are giving me free paint treatment. But i knew exactly wat they wer upto.
3:00 PM No number plate. Two people working on the vehicle doing the polish job. I knew that the work (3M polishing) they were doing would take atleast 4 hours more.
3:30 PM i decide to meet the CEO of the Pashankar. Went up to him.
4:30 PM After waitin for 1 hour i could finally meet him. I had identified their way of operation which is not customer friendly. He at his level made to believe as if he was helping me by screaming at his juniors but my concern was the delivery. I requested him to deploy more people in the car to speed up the work. He assured that car would be delivered by 6:00pm.
5:00 PM No number plate. Now instead of more people working in the car there was just one person working alone.
6:00 PM No number plate. Vehcile still getting polished
7:00 PM No number plate. Vehicle getting washed.
8:00 PM Finally can see the number plate. Vechile not cleaned properly all workers left. Could see all powdery white stuff in all the gaps.
9:00 PM Made the payment, received the receipt of payment, invoice and insurance receipt. But no registration receipt. I decided to wait no longer grabbed the keys and headed straight to Mumbai.

NOW FINALLY I GOT THE CAR. Just completed 1000 kms
I hope no one goes through what i went through.
Real_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th June 2006, 07:08   #2
BHPian

Lightbulb

Dude you have gone through a lot...
so hos the car.
whats the FE your getting form her...
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 02:49   #3
BHPian

I am really sorry for your troubles. In this country service providers, sellers and all other of this kind only try to dupe the customers. Here the mantra is that take as muchh as possible and rip as much as possible. The goodwill of customer does not matter at all.
premchetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 08:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you check your Chevy thoroughly? There had been cases when they need time to prep up a damaged car/car met with accident.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 08:29   #5
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Boss..you seriously should've considered not taking the delivery and writing a complaint! This is hopelessly pathetic. I hope you had made sure that the vehicle was not a test drive vehicle.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2006, 02:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
Dude you have gone through a lot...
so hos the car.
whats the FE your getting form her...
I am avarage of 11 km\l in the City (with AC) and 12 Km/l highway (with Ac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Did you check your Chevy thoroughly? There had been cases when they need time to prep up a damaged car/car met with accident.
The vehicle was checked thoroughly. No complains as such but getting low FE as compared to the claims by the company.

Last edited by Real_man : 2nd July 2006 at 03:00.
Old 2nd July 2006, 03:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats horrible man. You should have cancelled the deal at the first sign on trouble from the dealer. Anyway, hopefully the car will satisfy you.

Well at least GM is consistant. They brought their pathetic way of selling cars to India too.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2006, 03:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
Boss..you seriously should've considered not taking the delivery and writing a complaint! This is hopelessly pathetic. I hope you had made sure that the vehicle was not a test drive vehicle.
I was helpless at that time, if i would have pulled out of the deal i would have lost 10000 bucks, thats what they told me. I Thought i rather pay 21 thousand more to get the vehicle then all the agony.
And Guess what the issue is not yet over. I did not receive the RC so last month when i happened to visited Pune i went down to collect it. Pashankar guys demanded 5 thousand bucks more "due to some miss match in their accounts"(their Story). I lost my temper there i Scream at top of my voice, told them i am not gonna pay a penny more. They came up with some excuse for not have the RC book that RTO run out of printing paper due to which the RC is not ready.
I Finally collected the RC book a week ago. I still have not receive the Insurance papers yet which is suppose to be mailed at Residence in Mumbai.
Old 2nd July 2006, 15:57   #9
BHPian

Real_man.. too bad you had to go through so much of trouble. and the 12 Hr wait in their Highway showroom is .......... .. seriously i got now words.

We got our Corsa from the same place and experience was somewhat better ( i am calling it better just because i have gone through a very bad experience with another GM dealer ( Talera ) in pune .. and let me tell you - it was really bad )

We were delivered the car on time but later on, it was all hell. I had asked for a spoiler to be fitted instead of any ICE. These guys took a full 1.5 month to gimme the spoiler. Every time i called, different reasons were given ( Eg. paint on the spoiler has not dried yet.. etc. )

Somehow i found cell number of Mr. Pashankar ( the owner ) and called him up when i was at the showroom - met him, told him everything and voila !! the spoiler was ready, delivered at my place and fitted next day.

Another problem i have had was with Alternator replacement. I was told that the whole lot of Corsas was recalled for the replacement. It took 1 month for the alternator to be available and then it was replaced.

Anyways, Pashankar auto has been way better than Talera-GM and Devdatta motors. touchwood.
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2006, 23:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
Anyways, Pashankar auto has been way better than Talera-GM and Devdatta motors. touchwood.
Hasnt Devdatta motors shut shop? Or have they just relocated?
@hkanitkar : Werent you a repeat customer at Pashankar?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2006, 23:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Hasnt Devdatta motors shut shop? Or have they just relocated?
@hkanitkar : Werent you a repeat customer at Pashankar?
Yes sajo Devdatta motors has shut shop.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 21:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Werent you a repeat customer at Pashankar?
nopes. Our Astra was bought from Devdatta and dad's corsa is from Talera.

but this Talera showromm is situated in 'Talera warehouses', where there's a Ford showroom along with Tata motors showroom. Doesnt this bother these companies ??
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:28   #13
BHPian

Recently I purchased Chevy Spark from Pashankar Auto, Pune. They have two showrooms in Pune, I booked one in the city (Satara road) as it is very close from my home.

The experience was ok, nothing great. There were problems but these were solved with bit of escalation. When I compare my last purchase 6 years back, Alto from Navneet Automobile, Thane, and this one. I clearly remember that Navneet treated me like a VIP. There is no such thing with Pashankar.

Initially, it was going good, but when a sales person I am dealing with had to go on two weeks leave for his child's operation, there was not smooth takeover from other sales people. I had to do lot of follow-up. Fortunately I was not in big hurry to take the delivery as my old Alto was serving me faithfully. When there was no response from their side, I called them & asked them to connect me to the manager heading the showroom. Once I spoke him, things started moving fast.

There was no problem in actual delivery. They asked me to come in the morning. I called them but they said they are fitting the autocop, it will take 2 hours. Instead of going after two hours, I gone there in the afternoon 4pm. So there was no wait. Everything was ready. I was back with car in flat 45 minutes.

I have still not collected the tax receipt and RC. But I hope they will call me once it is ready.

No discount was given as it is very new car. But little value addition is they gave a nice Teddy (with 'I love Chevy' written on it) to my little daughter. Accessorries department was ok, they never pressed me in buying all the things they can sell.

Overall, there was not any problem and there was no 'Wow!' effect.
radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 09:26   #14
BHPian

It has been 5 months since I have bought my Spark from Pashankar, but they have not yet bothered to call me about giving me RC book. I think once the sale is done, they convinientely forget about next process.
radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 11:48   #15
BHPian

The RC book is something that the dealer needs to get from the RTO. If the dealer has the book, then there is no reason for them to withold it from you. So what that means is that the RTO has not issued the book yet, or the dealer has not collected it from the RTO. This is India and the government is not very efficient or honest. I think that you will need to follow up and grease the palms as required.
mkuruvil is offline   Reply With Quote