Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 3rd August 2006, 00:12   #31
BHPian

well i dont know of you guys , but i had mailed maruti and i got a response from them in 3 - 4 days. after which i even got a call from their head office, as well as the dealer i had taken the car from. there was a problem with some noise in the engine belt which was not solved even after 3 visits . now after that mail n reply all has been taken care of well by maruti.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 00:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph
well i dont know of you guys , but i had mailed maruti and i got a response from them in 3 - 4 days. after which i even got a call from their head office, as well as the dealer i had taken the car from. there was a problem with some noise in the engine belt which was not solved even after 3 visits . now after that mail n reply all has been taken care of well by maruti.
This is a technical issue, which they cant avoid, due to warranty terms. My case was very peculiar but genuine, hence no reponse until today.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2006, 08:47   #33
BHPian

Hi,

This is my first post.

When I was browsing through maruti's wesite I came across the price quote for the cars, in which they have a factor 'other charges' varying from Rs.1337 (for tirunelveli) to Rs.6079 (for Chennai) for Swift VXI!. Does anyone know what is other charges mean! Interstingly this is Rs.0 for cities like Bangalore, Mumbai

http://marutinri.com/request-a-quote...a-quote.aspx?K

Last edited by batman : 18th August 2006 at 09:01.
batman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2006, 08:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman
Hi,

This is my first post.

When I was browsing through maruti's wesite I came across the price quote for the cars, in which they have a factor 'other charges' varying from Rs.1337 (for tirunelveli) to Rs.6079 (for Chennai)!. Does anyone know what is other charges mean! Interstingly this is Rs.0 for cities like Bangalore, Mumbai

http://marutinri.com/request-a-quote...a-quote.aspx?K
Her Batman,

This link that you have provided seems to be the new scheme for the NRI's gifting a car/find the price. It would be very different from the one that is offered to everyone out here. This is what I feel.
Ironmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 22:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
OT - Apart from new vehicle registration, I have found that my life membership with AASI really helps. I do pay AASI's fees, but then when there is work at the RTO, their person comes to the RTO for the work. And in case of buying a used car, their valuation fees was Rs/500.
Doesn't AASI do new car registration? I'm an AASI member, and I have so far used it only for change of address in my driving licence.
naveenmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 09:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenmani View Post
Doesn't AASI do new car registration? I'm an AASI member, and I have so far used it only for change of address in my driving licence.

Can anyone enlighten about AASI please? Appear to hear about their positives in this forum

Thanks
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 10:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

You have to check with them for their services since the North chapter of AAI does collect road tax online through their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can anyone enlighten about AASI please? Appear to hear about their positives in this forum

Thanks
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 09:24   #38
BHPian

[quote=lambuhere1;567555]Can anyone enlighten about AASI please? Appear to hear about their positives in this forum

check out Automobile Association of Southern India - AASI. If you want to avoid the touts at the RTO, then your best ally is the AA. Most people enrol to get the International Driving Permit and then forget about their membership.
naveenmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 11:03   #39
BHPian

Thumbs down Popular Vehicles, Keelkatallai and Velachery, Chennai - Worst Maruti Service ever

This is the email I wrote to contact@maruti.co.in today. It is pretty self explanatory. Moral of the story: Stay away from this dealership and service center.

Quote:
HI,

I had purchased the aformentioned car in my wife's namefrom Popular Vehicles, Pallikarannai, Chennai, and taken delivery on the 9th of January 2011.

There have been issues in this car since the first day of ownership, which have still not been sorted out.

I gave the car for the second free service to Popular Vehicles workshop in Keelkatallai in Chennai on the 27th of June 2011. I had specifically mentioned the following issues to the service advisor Mr. Narender:

1. There is a very loud noise when switching on the air conditioner the first time in the morning. I had demonstrated this problem to the service advisor, and he had mentioned that it is a belt noise and will be sorted out during the service.
2. The internal rear view mirror vibrates a lot when the car is in motion.
3. There is a lot of general vibration in the car body.
4. The pickup of the car is very less in 1st and 2nd gears.
5. The internal cleaning was to be done properly, since the last time I had given the car for service at the same workshop, there were very dirty fingerprints all over the car interiors when the car was delivered to me.

The service advisor called me within 2 hours, saying my vehicle was ready.

I am very disappointed to say, that not even one of the issues mentioned by me has been recrified post the service.

1. The AC noise is still very much present, like it was when I left the car with the workshop.
2. The internal rear view mirror vibrations have become even worse than before. They have removed the cylindrical rubber part which is between the rear view mirror and the windshield. The mirrror now vibrates so much, that it is impossible to use it any more.
3. The vibrations in the car body still persist. I feel like I'm sitting in an auto rickshaw when the car is idling.
4. There is no change in the pickup of the car.
5. The car was so dirty when it was delivered to me, that I couldn't even make out if any servicing had been done on the car at all. Even the floor mats had not been cleaned. The interior of the car was full of dirty fingerprints, and now there are pen marks on the dashboard.

I have been very dissapointed by the service standards of Popular Vehicles Chennai, both at the time of the sale and now during servicing. We have always been loyal Maruti customers, but the experiece with this car has made me sure that I will never purchase a Maruti vehicle again.

The accessories fitted by the dealer during delivery of the new car were of very substandard quality. The floor and boot mats given by the dealer have already developed tears in them, that too in the rear and the boot, which are never used. The security system given with the car was so poorly installed that I had to get it corrected from outside. One of the speakers given with the car gave a crackling sound, which I had to get replaced with the dealership after constant followups.

Please note that in today's world, it is not very difficult for the customer to make their voice heard all over the place, and I intend to do the same. I am a member of the largest automotive community of India (Team-BHP), and I intend to make this treatment as public as possible over there.

Hoping you can come up with a resolution for these issues which have completely taken away from the joy and experience of owning a new car.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vineet Manghani
+91-98409XXXXX
vineetmanghani is offline   Reply With Quote