Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 4th March 2007, 21:56   #166
BHPian

hi buddy am sorry to see this...pity on indian courts.
buddy i think you should have settled out of court..may be pay 1.1 lakh and get a new car..i know its wrong but my father had died in an road accident in 1998 decenber 11th..we had filled a Motor veichiel act claim case..insurance case..the case should have been 1 day affair but we ended the case this november-06 it took 8 years and abt 5 lakhs on out part.we lawful deserve 30lakhs plus cumilatuive 9.5 % intrest per annum.but we got 19,76,891/- ...case closed.
the judge just said that it sud be this not more.but in the calculation if we go by the law books would end up about 40 lakhs.
we have filed a case against this judgement.
my mom is sick and tired of this in 2000 the insurance company offered us about 25 lakhs including intrest but we rejected.
so i hope u get the moral of the story.
we are still fighiting..i hope you win ..

BEST OF LUCK MAN GOD BLESS YOU.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 05:19   #167

Hi Buddy,
I livein mumbai and was planning on buying a ford but not anymore.Just for ur reference,I had a problem with my new tata indica a couple of years ago.I had to go to the service centre evry 250kms.They treated me very bad.After that I went to Bombay house(tata customer service).they didnt do much for 3 months.Finally I went to tata's office and told the receptionist that I would stand outside the office with a banner saying that I have been cheated and supplied a defective car.
finally I got justice,everything I said was replaced and i was given a compensation of 10000 rupees and also a 3 year extended warranty and apology letters.I told then very clearly that I would not go to court as i did not have the resources to do so.I also added tht I wud paint a notice on my car that My tata indica is a defective vehicle.Pls do not buy it and travel all arnd.This way i am not blaming all tata indicas only mine and i had proof.U need to take drastic steps bro.If the court doesnt help.Help urself.all the best buddyand dont give up coz thats what they wnt u to do.
Kind Attn:moderators: Am new to team bhp.I think this post is relevant here though it is abt tata indica.Can u pls post it in the indica section as well.thanks.
the entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 11:25   #168
Team-BHP Support

Any one here has any contacts in the court? I guess we can try helping Shivasuma that way atleast. He's been through hell and If someone knows some high ups in this system we can atleast get the case expedited.

It could also be that the ford guy already knows someone and his influence is helping him getting the case postponed umpteen number of times.

I'm sure we have a few influential people here who can pull some strings and make things happen.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 12:34   #169
BHPian

Hi guys,
The case reposted to 21st for the same reason. "Chairman not here today." No amount of request, demand or pleading works. Till then .....
shivasuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 16:49   #170
Senior - BHPian

now this is totally ridicolous!! may be judge is being bribed to linger on with the case.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 09:52   #171
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shivasuma, Is your lawyer good? I mean....really good?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 15:11   #172
BHPian

I too hope a fair judgement is given instead of postponing everytime. I read the entire thread and really wonder, why the judgement is being postponed so many times? One postponing may be I agree. Two, I agree. But there have been so many in this case, and that too without any reason.
I sincerly hope a favourable judgement is passed and all compensations are given. These people have to start respecting the buyer's community.

I have seen the way these service people treat us and our cars... Pathetic. They really need to learn what is the meaning of the word service.

BTW, i dont have a ford - i have an Indica, but pretty much every manufacturer in India needs to learn "service" - some to a higher degree.
deep_bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:15   #173
BHPian

Hi all,
The judge basically said he couldn't give all the relief that I was asking for. He then said he would give us time to settle the matter amicably. So the case was reposted to the 3rd. My lawyer clearly told that judge that we were not going to settle with the current offer given to us by Metro Ford. So just waiting for the 3rd to see what order is passed.
shivasuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:39   #174
Team-BHP Support

This thread may be of interest and potential help to you.

T-bhp:international-consumer-rights-protection-council.html (International Consumer Rights Protection Council)
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:41   #175
Team-BHP Support

The judge couldnt give all the relief u were asking for? Then, what was he willing to provide?

The case is being dragged on for a long time now...
Sad state of affairs.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:01   #176
BHPian

Slightly offtopic.. Everyone has had a share of bad experiences with different dealerships. I think we should put up a seperate section with a list of all the dealerships and the issues one faced with them.

This would help fellow bhpians to check up on a dealership before buying / servicing the car there.
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

WITHOUT CONDONING WHAT METRO FORD HAVE DONE & WHILE CONDEMNING THEM IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS............

I'm just thinking aloud here (before you guys pile on to me) - its been a little over 13 months that the incident took place and NOTHING has really moved. Apart from the frustration, I'm sure you are incurring legal expenses as well Shivasuma?

They were prepared to give you a new car for 1 lakh, perhaps with negotiation they may have come down to 50 or 75k, who knows? Not sure if you are any better off now because, at the end of this all (assuming we reach the end of it all), the judge is now asking you guys to reach a compromise/settlement! From what I can see, since you have conveyed your refusal, he'll drag this for another couple of months.....and then another.

What then? And if its eventually a settlement or compromise, do you seriously think you'll get more out of the dealer than what they'd offered you then? To my mind, it would be a lot less......

But all this is hindsight......and the ramblings of an idle mind!
suman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:40   #178
Team-BHP Support

Suman, when this whole thing started out, it didnt seem fair to begin with. As the court in question was a consumer court, one expected that consumer grievances would be addressed quickly. That the judge would begin to think more in terms of the dealer wasnt something anyone would imagine then considering the scheme of events.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:07   #179
Team-BHP Support

Suman, what you say is true in a twisted sort of way. The Auto companies know exactly what is required to stall verdicts for years, and the legal system here only helps them. So they take advantage of that. As can be seen from my link to a similar thread, a lot of these judges are bribed by these auto companies to delay and stall, further adding to the frustration of the customer.

What shiva is doing is the correct thing, and I just hope it works out for him. Heck, maybe his case could be a landmark judgement, which would help all future customers who could suffer similar issues.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:08   #180
Senior - BHPian

Benny, this being India, this turn of events really doesn't surprise me much. You do know what's been happening with our fellow member Varun don't you? Consumer court or otherwise, its all the same here - nothing happens in a hurry and when it happens finally, most times its like a whimper.

Rtech, I hope its a landmark judgement as well but all I'm saying is.....he's become a scapegoat in the process and is not getting the relief he wanted. Mind you, getting a brand new car by paying 50-75 k extra would have also hurt the dealer, they would have lost money from their pockets one way or the other

Last edited by suman : 23rd March 2007 at 16:11.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote