Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th October 2006, 20:05   #121

Dear Shivasuma,

Been following your thread from the time I became a member in this forum.

All our support is with you on this one.

Just wanted to let our forum members know of the victory of another consumer against Tata motors Ltd in New Delhi.

This news came in the 9th page of todays Times Of India, Bangalore edition and many of the forum members already might have known by this time

"Tata motors fined Rs 7.65 lakhs for selling defective car by Consumer court in New delhi.
Consumer name: santosh Kataria"

Many of us have opined that we are with you on this one.. we would also like to know if there is something that we all as members of this forum can do to support you on practicality rather than voicing our concern/support vocally... PLS LET US KNOW..

Wishing you once again all the good wishes and hoping to you come out victorious in this case..

Warm regards,
Koolncrazy
koolncrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2006, 16:42   #122
BHPian

Hello all,
The case is reposted to the 16th. I hope there is some progress on that day.
Thank you all for the unending support.

Suhas
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2006, 21:26   #123
BHPian

Shiva,

Metro ford has already lost customers because of their misbehaviour with you. I myself am one of those who selected Cauvery Ford against Metro just because of this thread of yours !(never mind the problems I had with cauvery ford guys even before booking!) All the way with you till you come out victorious. Truth must prevail and I am sure it will, in your case.

-B
talkingpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2006, 20:34   #124
BHPian

Hi Suhas,

Sorry for the late entry. I have read the erntire thread in detail and would like to offer my comments on few of them.

# Dont think of any otherway of publisizing this issue other than this forum. Even if you do, dont put down anything in writting. You are well within your rights to do whatever you feel. There is nothing called Sub judice in the consumer forum, but the thing is it will dilute your attention from the prime issue and diverting your energies elsewhere.

# The information I had put on my car was not pointing a finger at anyone. It was'nt even meant to educate others . It had simple facts for which I had solid documentary proof. So be very very careful in what you do.

# GTO advise of taking help from Mr. Saxena, President, International Consumer Rights protection Council, was a sound one. When a NOTICE is sent by ICRPC it carries a lot of weight. I spoke to him recently, and came to know how it had sent a Judge to jail in Maharastra because he was corrupt. But things are different in Karnataka. Nothing happens here which helps a common man.

# You should have also claimed the Amount you would have had to pay towards Fore-closure Penalty of your loan amount. The amount should be supported by a statement from your financier, clearly stating this amount on the date of filing the case. You can still claim this amount by filing an application in the next hearing date.

# Have Metro motors given you anything in writting about their offer of replacing the car? If they offer anything like that, ask them to put it down in black and white and that you may consider their offer after studing the details. This will prevent them from making hollow excuses like the one their lawyers are making about "out of Court Settlement". After watching several cases and spending time at the Court, I have found that the easiest way to con the Judge is by saying that you will settle the issue outside the court. The Judge is only too happy to buy time. Tell the Judge to instruct the opponents to put it on the file. Once it is on record, they can't back out.

# It is my firm belief that, be it Metro Ford or Tata Motors, they will not honour the District Consumer Forums ORDERS. They will have to deposit 50% of the claimed amount or Rs. 30,000, whichever is lower and appleal at the next higher Forum. Therefore it becomes all the more important that you record all the facts in detail even if that means that it takes more time. Remember, matters are settled in the State and National Forums on the basis of the recordings at the lower courts. Dont Panic, The delay will only help you as the interest on the amount will keep adding.

# No paper or magazine will publish you story for the simple reason that they have a lot to gain from these Companies in terms of Ad revenue. They will all listen to you, shed some crocodile tears and thats it. Nothing more will come out of it. Even if you win the case it will published in some newspaper outside Bangalore.

# Just because you have signed on the dotted lines in the Jobcard does not absolve Metro Motors of their resposibilties towards your car. They are fully liable to pay for all cost Direct or/and indirect towards damage caused to your vehicle while it was in their custody. The same thing applies to your car while parked in a paid Public Parking Area. The Contractor is wholly and fully responsible for any damage caused to your vehicle, provided you perserve the Parking Ticket. However the onus to prove these damages while in his custody rests on you. The supreme court has Penalised a Parking Contractor to refund the entire amount of a vehicle that was stolen. The usual stuff written on the Parking Ticket did not hold any water.

# Metro Ford is not bothered about loosing its customers for the simple fact that other are equally bad if not worse. I have heard that Cauvery Ford is even worse. Its like jumping into the fire from the frying pan.

# Suhas, just keep your cool. Relax, I know the whole thing sucks, but then in the end dont forget that we live in a country where the Judicial system helps these big Companies to play with a common man. I am glad that you are fighting this battle, unlike our friend on this thread, who says that its easier for him to loose 60K than approach the Courts. With such enlightment it will be eternity till our country finds a way to protect its citizens, both physically and financially.

Take care and hold tight. Try and attend as many hearings as possible. Do not trust the opponents as well as your own lawyers. They are smart, when it comes to making stories. If required, PM me and I would love to assist you or anyone else, even if it means comoing to the Court to pep you up.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 14th October 2006 at 20:38.
varunroy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 23:02   #125
BHPian

Thumbs down

While I dont disagree with Varun Roy but then the following action may yield some results. I am also being cheated and harassed by Ford dealer and have planned the following:-

1. Take up the matter with Ford USA, sent mails to the Intl VP, BOD, Chairman emeritus with the detail of your mail. I have done and got some response from Ford India after that.
2. Send your details with an appeal to all international papers with a copy to Ford USA (not India). This will yield some result as newspaper in Europe and USA are not like that in India
3. Do some Gandhigiri: Put up posters and banners about Ford (not metro ford) on your car or car of friends and relatives across India. A "Dont Buy Ford, they cheat customers" campaign i meant. This will not refer to Metro Ford and so have no impact on your case but at the same time may yield result from Ford India.

Hit Ford as they cannot absolve themselves from their duty. You have bought a car from Ford and not Metro Ford, so engage them.

I am also on the way step by step taking action against Ford India and then Ford USA. The dealer gets filler ditrectly from Ford India. My dealer Bhavna Ford, Surat is just like your Metro Ford.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2006 at 20:29.
kashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2006, 00:08   #126
BHPian

hi kashd isnt your problem completely different than that of shivasuma its got more to do with the insurance company than ford or their dealers
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2006, 20:11   #127
BHPian

Point No 1 and 2 of kashd could get some desired results and I dont see any harm in going through the motions. But If you do anything about the 3rd one and you will land yourself in deep trouble. Even before you wink you will find a libel case slapped on you. Thats direct slander and I strongly suggest that you refrain from such activities, else you wo'nt
even know what hit you.

In your case Metro Ford is responsible and the only thing Ford India or Ford USA could do is only put some verbal pressure on their dealer.

So long....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 17:45   #128
BHPian

varunroy,

your post is very educative. It takes such a long time to get justice. And consumer courts are supposed to be fast track right.

Consider this. Given that we guys who can afford larger cars computers etal are struggling to get justice quickly, what will an average commoner get. It is awful

Regards,

lsjey
lsjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 19:43   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey
varunroy,
Consider this. Given that we guys who can afford larger cars computers etal are struggling to get justice quickly, what will an average commoner get. It is awful
lsjey
You are absoulutely right here. You know that my case which was today, could not move ahead because for some unknown reason the Court Room did not open, hence no sitting. What was worse was that there was no one resoponsible there who could give a convincing reply on the issue. The Tata Lawyer and several others were complaining about the cancellation because many of them had to come from far off places.

The very Courts that are supposed to protect the rights of a commoner are the ones that are harrasing them. The whole system is there only to portray to us that the Government is trying to bring in reforms that are supposed to protect a consumer. No wonder it deters so many to seek Justice.

So long....
varunroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2006, 10:15   #130
BHPian

Hi Varun,
Got your message yesterday. Its really pathetic the way our judicial system works. Consumer courts are supposed to be fast track and they take forever to settle a dispute. Imagine the plight of those in other courts. No wonder the record for the time taken to settle a case is in India ( I read somewhere that it took nearly 6 or 7 centuries, yes, centuries).

On the funny side, maybe the "honorable" judge ate too much the past festive weekend and had trouble digesting it and hence no sitting.

Suhas
Old 26th October 2006, 18:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma
On the funny side, maybe the "honorable" judge ate too much the past festive weekend and had trouble digesting it and hence no sitting.
Suhas

Or he might be sitting elsewhere . May be the Hot Seat or the Pot Seat.

So long....

Last edited by varunroy : 26th October 2006 at 18:49.
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 07:05   #132
BMW
BHPian

Hi shivasuma,

I am a newbie here and came across this topic yesterday.

All I can say is that your patience and perseverance will reward you. Its just a matter of time. Keep fighting for your rights.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers..!
BMW is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 14:40   #133
BHPian

Agree with you Varun, things are slow but they are changing. My case has been posted for arguments on the 8th. I might not be able to make it to court that day, so meeting up with my lawyer today and tomorrow to discuss things and submit the arguments in writing.
Until then, y'all take care.

Suhas
Old 6th November 2006, 14:56   #134
Team-BHP Support

Hi Shiva , GTO,
GTO had asked u to post this report on mouthshut.com, which i believe i had read when i was on the lookout for a dealer when i was purchasing my ikon. Based on this, i approached Cauvery Ford in Bangalore, although their service center was kinda far from where i stay.

Really sorry abt ur car, considering the amount of hard earned money u put in for the car. Hope ur case gets settled with u the winner.

- Benny.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 10:15   #135
BHPian

Hey guys,
Case reposted to 22nd Nov for arguments. This time due to a death in my lawyer's family he couldn't make it to the court. Hence the request for a date.
It will also give us time to go through our proposed arguments again.

Until then, y'all take care.

Suhas