Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 29th March 2014, 11:58   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post

Yes, we are giving them a chance. Some new noise has cropped up from the rear end of the car after it was serviced. Front wheel noise has increased a lot after the servicing
Check the wheel bearing. If worn change. That should solve the sound issue.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 14:03   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refu

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I just noticed, you said oil change and second service! How?! Second service is at 5K and the oil change is done at the third service which is at 10K. Did you ask for an oil change or diveby MASS?

Is it that the schedule is different for Swift and Dzire?

IIRC, Maruti had passed a circular stating ALL New DDiS engine to be factory filed with Synthetic oil (5W40) instead of Mineral oil (15W40) that was used earlier.

Though I'm yet to change my cars oil and oil filter 'officially' which will be done during the third service at 10K. I did change the oil (Synthetic) and filter myself at 5K though.

Anurag.
if you note I had mentioned as advised on team bhp. I voluntarily changed the oil at 5k kms.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 14:22   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
if you note I had mentioned as advised on team bhp. I voluntarily changed the oil at 5k kms.
That is a good move then.

Which brand did you fill up and I guess the grade is 15W40?

Anurag.
Old 31st March 2014, 01:53   #124
BHPian

Quote:
That is a good move then.

Which brand did you fill up and I guess the grade is 15W40?

Anurag.
Yes I did fill 15W40 grade oil and will move to synthetic only after 10k kms. I think the brand was shell.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 20:04   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some good news, finally. Dad got a call from Sai Service in the evening, from a fairly senior person in the workshop...

I suspect this is a result of submitting complaint on Sai Service website. Nothing from Maruti yet....
Quote:
...I also have heard that Maruti "brings errant dealers to their knees" & other very good things about Maruti's response to customer's complaints. But it has not been the case with me.

Anyways, dad got multiple calls from the "Manager Customer Care" of Sai Service Borivali, and we will be dropping in tomorrow. Lets see how things proceed.
Maruti NEVER directly contacts customers. They always register the complaint and get the dealer to call back. In my case, it was as quick as within 2 days for a complaint raised. When the SAs were explaining me the problem, I noticed their hands trembling though I was quite pleasant and calm. Got a hang of what Maruti had given them. And NONE of the A$$ guys were even hostile to me; neither then nor afterwards.

If Sai guys had the integrity, they would have never done such a fraud in the first place. Every SA has their own target to fill and am sure the Sai management is/was quite sure of what their SAs are doing. Since the SA is adding to the revenues to the organisation, they would hav been advised to do such things; may be this particular guy went a bit overboard and got caught (unfortunately for him). For every 1 customer who raises a flag, probably 5 goes unnoticed / unbothered.

Quote:
We visited the service center today morning. The customer care manager was quite apologetic and accepted the mistake of of the service adviser...
A BIG thank you to team-bhp & all those who replied for their support. That helped a lot!...
Am quite happy! But please be a bit more pro-active and responsible. I quite don't buy some of the points listed in the thread stating that it's NOT the onus of the owners NOT to know what are the service items. It definitely is! For the very same reason, Maruti provides a service manual with the details of the jobs to be carried out for regular intervals. And once you sign off the job card, you ARE agreeing to what the SA "advised" (they do NOT forcefully make anyone sign the card right? ).

Quote:
...As for continuing with Sai service, there is time to decide, but most likely answer will be no...
Quote:
Yes, we are giving them a chance...
Great. Everybody deserves a second chance. The positive part for you will be that these guys will be extra cautious with your vehicles now on.

Finally, there is NO way someone can overlook the bl**dy confidence this company (Maruti) brings to it's customers. How much ever I do NOT want to bring another Maruti home, such stories force me to keep their products on the front line while thinking of the next buy - Damn!! And I just keep on wondering how do they manage to do this in spite of selling SO many vehicles and retaining competitive service costs! Well, we don't even pay a premium like some other "haloed" players.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st March 2014 at 20:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 20:30   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Finally, there is NO way someone can overlook the bl**dy confidence this company (Maruti) brings to it's customers. How much ever I do NOT want to bring another Maruti home, such stories force me to keep their products on the front line while thinking of the next buy - Damn!! And I just keep on wondering how do they manage to do this in spite of selling SO many vehicles and retaining competitive service costs! Well, we don't even pay a premium like some other "haloed" players.
Very well said.

I had another experience today morning that consolidates my trust on them. My Swift refused to start today morning and it looked like a dead battery (I replaced the battery around a year back). I called Maruti on road service and they came in 25 minutes. The SA told me that there is too much carbon deposit on the battery terminals. They cleaned it and resolved the problem.
I really appreciated their prompt service.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 20:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS. My life will be like a confused human landing on mars if I ever ended up buying anything other than a Maruti. I mean every Maruti car feels so much at home, the same with their service stations.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 22:35   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much ever I do NOT want to bring another Maruti home, such stories force me to keep their products on the front line while thinking of the next buy - Damn!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I really appreciated their prompt service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS. My life will be like a confused human landing on mars if I ever ended up buying anything other than a Maruti.
I just love their customer service department who are online either over phone calls or emails. The response arrives within minutes with a positive one for sure. They just try to go lengths to please the customer and make every possible way to keep the customer in a relation with them for life.

Could resist so sharing it, my family and my company has been associated with Maruti from 1994 to till date. We have bought over 40 Maruti's from the same dealer in Hyderabad. Note wren it was turn to get a replacement for my Ritz and Dad's SX4, both decided to look outside this time and break the monotony. I thought I'd VW Polo GT TDI and Dad wanted the Renault Fluence.

Thanks to the arrogant, careless attitude displayed by VW guys the Polo was of and the Corolla being awaited for a new model we could exactly know how much to wait. Tired searching for cars, my family is back with Maruti. The sales manager is smiling seeing us back!

I don't think anything can separate India and Maruti Suzuki. "India comes home in a Maruti" and "it is the way of life!"

Hats off to the management and company for being around so strongly (47% market share isn't a joke).

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 10:00   #129
BHPian

Quote:
But please be a bit more pro-active and responsible. I quite don't buy some of the points listed in the thread stating that it's NOT the onus of the owners NOT to know what are the service items. It definitely is! For the very same reason, Maruti provides a service manual with the details of the jobs to be carried out for regular intervals. And once you sign off the job card, you ARE agreeing to what the SA "advised" (they do NOT forcefully make anyone sign the card right? ).
Yes. I agree. I have mentioned this in the thread starting post itself that to some extent the fault was mine that I did not go to the service center to drop the car. During the meeting at the workshop too, dad told them that we accept our mistake of not checking job card thoroughly.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 21:51   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We will drop the car to the service center this week for them to workout some solution. If they are serious, then they would do anything to fix issues at least in our car. Cannot say about other customers.
Any update on the sounds that your car was giving out from the rear etc? Has the MASS been able to attend and solve it?

Anurag.
Old 1st April 2014, 23:41   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Any update on the sounds that your car was giving out from the rear etc? Has the MASS been able to attend and solve it?
We will drop the car at MASS on Thursday. As of now we have identified roads to demonstrate the noise to folks at the MASS.
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 20:47   #132
BHPian

Here is the latest update:

We dropped the car at Sai Service on Thursday. The front & rear noises was demonstrated to them in a trial drive. Supposedly their best mechanic accompanied us during the drive. Car was returned in the evening, after making some adjustments (their claim) and washing. When the car was delivered, the manager asked dad to send a mail acknowledging that the issue has been fixed. Dad refused and said that we will send an email only after confirming it over a couple of days.

We went out of Mumbai today and found out that the noise has not been fixed at all. There has been no change in it. Only some miscellaneous rattles from plastic panels have been fixed.

Contemplating further course of action now. Most probably we will ask for refund of the parts replaced under the pretext of fixing this noise (Labour- Balance Rod Bush Replace: Rs 1101, Both link rod replace: Rs 730; Parts- Support comp: Rs 290, Joint Comp FR: Rs 910, Steering Plunger: Rs 613). At least the parts, if not labour charges. I had not insisted on refund for these during our first meeting. We had reported this noise in job card during the 12 month service itself in March 2011, but they were unable to do anything about it, and now suddenly they figure out that these parts will fix the noise! I can very well insist that these should be replaced FOC under warranty, as the issue was reported during warranty period itself and it has not been solved since then.

Rear noise seems to be fixed.

Last edited by AkMar : 6th April 2014 at 20:49.
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 21:28   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dad refused and said that we will send an email only after confirming it over a couple of days.
Good decision by your dad else they would have washed their hands off now when you return to them.

Quote:
We went out of Mumbai today and found out that the noise has not been fixed at all. There has been no change in it. Only some miscellaneous rattles from plastic panels have been fixed.
Now that's bad!

Quote:
Contemplating further course of action now. Most probably we will ask for refund of the parts replaced under the pretext of fixing this noise (Labour- Balance Rod Bush Replace: Rs 1101, Both link rod replace: Rs 730; Parts- Support comp: Rs 290, Joint Comp FR: Rs 910, Steering Plunger: Rs 613). I can very well insist that these should be replaced FOC under warranty, as the issue was reported during warranty period itself and it has not been solved since then.
Costs seen high and please do insist on a refund and also send a mail to Maruti with the current status and also the bed of refund.

I suggest you to go to another ASC or an FNG to solve out the issues. Sai Service had lost a golden opportunity to regain their respect they had lost.

Anurag.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:28   #134

I have got my ertiga serviced a couple of times from Sai Service Andheri and was satisfied with their work and charges. However I received a letter from Sai Service last week informing me that my next paid servicing is due after 5000 kms @15000kms when the manual says every 10000kms. When I enquired, I was informed that for Mumbai conditions the car must undergo servicing every 5000kms! They seem to be more interested in making money by fooling customers.
blackstallion27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 13:21   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion27 View Post
When I enquired, I was informed that for Mumbai conditions the car must undergo servicing every 5000kms! They seem to be more interested in making money by fooling customers.
LOL!

So by this theory owners in the non-coastal region can have a service interval of 15-20K?

How more vague replies can we get to mint money by these ASC's?! I'd you can check the Service Managers car and his service schedule, I bet you that will be serviced add per manufacturer recommendations in spite being in Mumbai!

Anurag.