Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 20th May 2014, 17:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Rana Motors (Maruti Dealer) launches Smartphone App

Rana Motors, a dealer of Maruti Suzuki cars in Delhi & NCR, has launched a mobile app called ‘Rana Motors Accessbox’. This will enable existing customers of the car dealership to reach out for any information, feedback or appointment.
  • Through the app, car owners have a direct chat line to the Rana Motors CEO and can send feedback about their experience with the dealership.
  • The application connects with the dealership (Rana Motors) and pulls out the car details along with the complete service history.
  • It sets automatic reminders for Insurance expiry, PUC expiry and service due date.
  • The application helps in getting insurance and PUC documents on the mobile phone.
  • If one gets a dent on the car, they don’t need to visit the dealer to get the estimate. Through the App, the customer can click a photograph of the dent & press “send” in the App. The dealer’s service team will reply with a cost estimate.
  • The App is developed by Autoninja and is currently available only for Android, an IOS based app will be released on the Apple app store soon. (Free download)
  • The dealership already has 300 active users in just fifteen days.
  • Autoninja had also launched India’s First mobile app for any car dealership for Pratham Motors (Bangalore) last year. The App was also recommended as a Best Practice by Maruti Suzuki (issue #2013-14/bp/01).

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...box.ranamotors

Name:  ranamotorsaccessbox2.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  ranamotorsaccessbox.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  37.5 KB

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2014 at 14:21.
parrys is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 14:26   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Rana Motors (Maruti Dealer) launches Smartphone App

Super initiative, and the initial user ratings on the play store aren't too bad either.

I especially like how they're willing to give a 'guesstimate' of repair costs via a photo, and that feedback goes straight to the dealership boss. I'd prefer to make appointments via my phone too (rather than the traditional way of a phone call).

If this app works as intended, and the dealer makes good on the promises, it's a step in the right direction.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 14:39   #3
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Rana Motors, a dealer of Maruti Suzuki cars in Delhi & NCR, has launched a mobile app called ‘Rana Motors Accessbox’. This will enable existing customers of the car dealership to reach out for any information, feedback or appointment.
  • The application connects with the dealership (Rana Motors) and pulls out the car details along with the complete service history.
  • It sets automatic reminders for Insurance expiry, PUC expiry and service due date.
  • If one gets a dent on the car, they don’t need to visit the dealer to get the estimate. Through the App, the customer can click a photograph of the dent & press “send” in the App. The dealer’s service team will reply with a cost estimate.
How incredibly convenient. I can write feedback to any dealer and I don't know whether they have read it or not. I hope that's not the case.
It is convenient to know that so many reminders are taken care of. Although I prefer to do insurance outside.
Well, for starters,they must have a detailed "terms and conditions" for a repair estimate for the dent.

I just hope they go ahead in using these apps to make life simple.
D4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 15:11   #4
BHPian

An excellent tool to connect with customers in today’s times.

Instead of recommending best practice, IMO Maruti themselves should take lead & launch such application for all dealers.
In addition to said features, it should have info on service & spare parts costs, do’s & don’ts / DIY guide in case of breakdowns, info of all dealers & service centers locations etc.
And why Maruti, all companies should have such Apps.

Nonetheless a good initiative by the dealer.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:45   #5
BHPian

Our AStar AT came from this dealer. Installing app now. And I have service coming up in 200 kms so this or next weekend. Let me see if app is useful!
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote