Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 17:32   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Now this is going to be one long post. first let me make it clear that i fight on my own and i have not used the forum to arm twist and blackmail the dealer, as the emails have gone further than being published on the forum and before being published here. intact T-bhp has been quoted only in the penultimate mail to the dealer. the complaints have been lodged with the competition Commission of India, The Nodal officer, Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, The Karnataka State Consumer disputes redressal forum, The Compliance and Legal Cell of BMW AG, Germany, the National Consumer Helpline, Consumer Online Resource and empowerment Cell, The Voluntary organisation in the interest of Consumer


well in my case most members have suggested that i go in for the replacement of the hatch glass and running board which would have increased my suffering, I'm sure



well even before harish's Case was settled, i have been treated quite well by Skoda India, particularly Sudhir rao, Nilesh Chauan, Chethan Bhartiya, Reena Gade, Ravindran Kolapurath, Paritosh Koppikar, a certain Nithin from the R&D and Tech Team. so i didn't opt out of buying a Skoda after reading that thread, nor did Distinguished BHPian Shankar and the rest. in fact till July 2014 i had two Skodas! if someone opted out from buying a car, it was because they didn't want to take any 'risk', and it was their personal Choice. a few bad experiences of a few owners, cannot be said to happen to everyone. sometimes its sheer bad luck that you end up with a lemon or some major defect in a car (have been through this with my Linea, which had a leaky floor) and is detailed on this forum. to be honest, i have given Skoda about 15 -20 Customers from Mangalore and Manipal, who would never have purchased a Skoda after the horrible A.S.S stories that they have read and heard about. but now their perception has changed quite a bit and are very satisfied with their drives

well Aseem, the discounts, negotiations and payments had been all settled before July 31st and the car was delivered on 4th August. so the question of leveraging the forum to get the discount that i needed didn't arise. even the BSI ultimate Package has been paid for before the 31st. this thread was opened on 5th August

secondly there are no two sides to this story at least as the photos of the chipped wheels, the delivery note and gate pass are uploaded here which are acknowledged by the dealer. thirdly the sequence of events like PDI, Invoicing and billing, registration and insurance, have not been followed in the order that they have to, and acknowledged by the dealer as well.

thirdly There has been no attempt to tarnish any brand. its the lethargy of the dealer from the beginning that has been highlighted. if you are to visit a place like Leela in bangalore, and are served some rotten food, am sure you will not keep quiet but raise a hell right there as well as on social media.
I goto Leela order lamb chops eat half of it and then I say it's not cooked properly as I had told them not to do it well done. They promptly offer to replace it with the same dish as per my liking and I tell them no I need the item not to be charged to me as ow my stomach is full and I have gone through trauma and mental stress eating an overcooked meal. I goto a food forum and even upload pictures that the food was overcooked. Do you smell a rat?

If the food was overcooked to begin with I shouldn't have eaten half of it or taken delivery of the car. And once I had eaten half and complained and they offered me replacement I shouldn't have denied hat replacement staying I am no longer hungry but please refund my money as I had to go through mental trauma. I am not saying that's the case here but then again you rejected replacements and wanted to be compensated. Well I too need a 1 series with scratched alloy wheels with 3 lakhs discount.... BMW are you listening?

Last edited by aseem : 20th August 2014 at 17:34.
aseem is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 17:37   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Once the settlement has been reached between the concerned party and the manufacturer/dealer, there is hardly any value in knowing what was the settlement except that it will address the curiosity quotient and help in some coffee table talks. If a forum person is genuinely in need to understand the settlement because he/she is involved in a similar case with the same /different manufacturer then he/she can have a private discussion on the same. I am sure the aggrieved forum member will be happy to share the details in private (If not in writing, maybe in a call).
I and many might not agree on this . When some one can put down pages and pages of detailed problem , why not the solution to every one .When some one is sharing problem ,they should share the happiness also later

Last edited by black12rr : 20th August 2014 at 17:54.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 18:10   #63
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post

If the food was overcooked to begin with I shouldn't have eaten half of it or taken delivery of the car. And once I had eaten half and complained and they offered me replacement I shouldn't have denied hat replacement staying I am no longer hungry but please refund my money as I had to go through mental trauma. I am not saying that's the case here but then again you rejected replacements and wanted to be compensated. Well I too need a 1 series with scratched alloy wheels with 3 lakhs discount.... BMW are you listening?
i dont smell a rat, but would definitely love to join for a share of the lamb chops at Leela some day!

i Wouldn't know what you would have done if the Road tax had been Paid, insurance taken out in your name before delivery. rejecting delivery isn't going to solve the problem, as the ownership of goods has been transferred.

they offered replacement of the wheels, the rear hatch glass and the right running board. i am ok with replacement of wheels as it is not integrated into the body structure and can be removed from the vehicle by removing the few bolts. i am and i don't think any one will be ok with tinkering/ experimenting with the body structure of a new vehicle.

i have neither asked for a 'cash compensation' nor to change the vehicle. i had given them options which were

1. replace the wheels and suggest an alternative to replacement of the parts attached to the body structure as the original factory condition will no longer exist.

2. give me some other thing which would mitigate my sorrows and the feeling of repentance of having bought the vehicle which wouldn't have existed if the defects weren't there and on your part you don't need to do any replacements or experiments

3. if i had noticed the scratched alloys prior to the payment of the Road Tax and insurance probably i would have asked the 3 lakhs discount which you have suggested ; which in fact has been given to a friend of mine who was delivered a Land Rover with a small dent on the Bonnet



Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I and many might not agree on this . When some one can put down pages and pages of detailed problem , why not the solution to every one .When some one is sharing problem ,they should share the happiness also later
well sometimes the happiness cannot be shared openly due to certain constraints placed by the party offering the settlement, but definitely over a cup of tea or a mug of beer, it can be!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 20th August 2014 at 18:17.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 13:21   #64
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: DXB/ BOM
Posts: 60
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
well sometimes the happiness cannot be shared openly due to certain constraints placed by the party offering the settlement, but definitely over a cup of tea or a mug of beer, it can be!
Fine Sir, i am in, your treat, maybe later this year or early next year.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:04   #65
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Finally, an end to the emails that were flying around and a resolution proposed by the dealer and accepted by me! the written confirmation on the letter head is in! all open issues till date closed to my satisfaction!
Sunilrj is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:25   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Finally, an end to the emails that were flying around and a resolution proposed by the dealer and accepted by me! the written confirmation on the letter head is in! all open issues till date closed to my satisfaction!
Another satisfactory end without a "real end".

Similar to Harish's case where we know the end yet are kept in the dark about the end.

Sunil, so you too have a NDA signed about non disclosure of your terms in the forum?
If not, would be great to share the outcome and the resolution.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:34   #67
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Another satisfactory end without a "real end".

Similar to Harish's case where we know the end yet are kept in the dark about the end.

Sunil, so you too have a NDA signed about non disclosure of your terms in the forum?
If not, would be great to share the outcome and the resolution.

yes. the NDA exists. however:

The resolution is very close to one of those which was proposed by me; the car will continue to be with me in stock condition as it was when it was delivered, without having to tinker around with the glasses, running boards and wheels
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:38   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 1,084 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
yes. the NDA exists. however:

The resolution is very close to one of those which was proposed by me; the car will continue to be with me in stock condition as it was when it was delivered, without having to tinker around with the glasses, running boards and wheels
Respect your privacy but fail to see how is it "satisfactory" considering these were the same things which you wanted changed?

By being stock, I can only assume that BMW has given you a "satisfactory" monetary compensation set off to live with their delinquencies.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:57   #69
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Respect your privacy but fail to see how is it "satisfactory" considering these were the same things which you wanted changed?

By being stock, I can only assume that BMW has given you a "satisfactory" monetary compensation set off to live with their delinquencies.
No. I had highlighted these issues. Never wanted them changed as it would affect the stock nature of the car.. the Change was proposed by the Dealer which i had not agreed to.

No monetary Compensation either as it wasn't proposed by me!
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:05   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

No. I had highlighted these issues. Never wanted them changed as it would affect the stock nature of the car.. the Change was proposed by the Dealer which i had not agreed to.

No monetary Compensation either as it wasn't proposed by me!
In nutshell you got your BSI package request which you have given them as an option in regards to compensation. Good for you as you are the one who needs to be satisfied and happy with the end result
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:03   #71
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,956 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Nice to hear that finally settlement was to your satisfaction , one quick check - was it necessary to send so many mails / letters to Directors , Government authorities & so on . Do you really think it was because of such letters that BMW Dealer agreed to your request and if you have waited for some time as asked by dealer nothing would have happened .

Will you now send letters to all those officials & department that your issue has now been resolved ?
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:26   #72
BHPian
 
Simple_car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dance Bar City!
Posts: 319
Thanked: 559 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Thanks a lot Mr. Sunil for this thread. It has certainly raised my awareness about how to deal with errant dealers.

I hope you haven't taken offense to certain posts in this thread, and I also hope that you shall continue to contribute your experiences on this forum for the benefit of others. You most certainly have the right not to disclose your settlement publicly so long as you are satisfied with the outcome.

Thank you once again, congratulations on your BMW, and most of all: wishing you many happy and peaceful miles with the car

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 06:15   #73
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default re: Awful BMW X1 buying experience from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. UPDATE: Issue Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Nice to hear that finally settlement was to your satisfaction , one quick check - was it necessary to send so many mails / letters to Directors , Government authorities & so on . Do you really think it was because of such letters that BMW Dealer agreed to your request and if you have waited for some time as asked by dealer nothing would have happened .

Will you now send letters to all those officials & department that your issue has now been resolved ?
Thanks! Yes it was necessary to send mails and letters to the Directors, Govt. Authorities and so on. if i hadn't mailed the office of the president BMW India, the Insurance i would have been paying was 1,20,000+ . whereas after the letters to IRDA, and after NCB adjustment of 45% the insurance came down to 37,501. their take was that NCB + commercial Discount cannot exceed 75%. My view and the view of IRDA was NCB is not a discount. its a Bonus, a reward for having been a good driver. Commercial Discount is for the benefit of the Insurer; to increase his sales against competition. so finally Insurance quote on the website of ICICI Lombard and given by the dealer matched to the T

so also i am told that they have received calls from the Nodal Officer, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of India pointing out that there as been a deficiency of service (Read the VW India Case)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Thanks a lot Mr. Sunil for this thread. It has certainly raised my awareness about how to deal with errant dealers.

I hope you haven't taken offense to certain posts in this thread, and I also hope that you shall continue to contribute your experiences on this forum for the benefit of others. You most certainly have the right not to disclose your settlement publicly so long as you are satisfied with the outcome.

Thank you once again, congratulations on your BMW, and most of all: wishing you many happy and peaceful miles with the car

Thanks,
Simple_car
Thank you! i haven't taken offence but definitely am disappointed by a few posts who advised me to accept a compromise. When you are wronged, the resolution should be as per your choices and not the easy way out for the dealers. Also when you have paid not 1 re less than the price that was quoted, why should you accept a defective item ?

i am always available to deal with errant dealers and other service providers!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 23rd August 2014 at 06:18.
Sunilrj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 12:13   #74
BHPian
 
Acclero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

@Sunilrj - This thread showed my how the Indian customers are taken for a ride in spite of you repeatedly telling that the road tax was taken out on your name and the approach taken by you was the best way out to take upon the bad service of the dealer people seem to sympathize the attitude of the dealer. I for one support the way you took them to the case and made them pull their socks up. Thank you for posting this thread.
Acclero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors stormerider Indian Car Dealerships 18 3rd March 2015 11:55
Bad Dealer Experience: Navnit Motors, Mumbai mohandasnikhil Indian Car Dealerships 20 20th November 2013 16:34
Navnit Motors BMW Showroom opening in Juhu Gordon The Indian Car Scene 1 1st June 2007 11:30
Navnit Motors, How good are they?? CaliforniaKnight Indian Car Dealerships 13 14th June 2005 14:16
X5 3.0D from Navnit Motors civic93_gen2 The Indian Car Scene 12 24th March 2005 09:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks