Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 4th August 2006, 12:26   #16
BHPian

Well I'd taken my Accent from Popular Hyundai, Cochin. But the service is just excellent. Make a phone call, tell my name they'll immediately recognise me and say my car's registration number as the reference to confirm. The service chief always checks the car and advices to take away certain items which includes coins, currencies etc whenever I give the car for service.

In fact I just love to give the car for service.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 12:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
I am lost! You called Emergency service for changing a flat tyre? And why would they take the car for "repair"?
Whiteknight - its a tubeless tyre, so I cant get it fixed at any local tyre repair shop. I called the dealer to ask where I should get it fixed and they asked me to call the Popular Emergency service, and that they would take the flat tire (not the car as you assumed) for repair
skiddyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 13:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddyrow
mail4ajo, I just read your thread as well and fully understand what you must be going through! I will get in touch with you either PM or Phone probably tomorrow as I have a tight schedule today. Which Popular showroom did you get your car from - mine was the Annanagar one. I havnt got my RC as well (and the photo they took during delivery :-))
The same Annanagar outlet. I forced the customer service head of popular to visit me and asked for an explaination. No response till date even from Maruti inspite of real hard core, "below the belt punching" emails to the top brass . I am really satisfied with my ALTO, hence all this offsets the whole issue. you can call me any time between 10am and 2am.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 4th August 2006 at 13:17.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 16:42   #19
BHPian

what I fail to understand is why the pick up and drop , waiting for it to happen, go to the showroom scream, then get the car picked up???? , If you love the car take it to the dealer show what the problem is explain to the supervisor/ works manager tell them it HAS to be fixed let them take 2 days you have no problem this way u r assured.

Why call MOS for aflat, you could chane the tyre yourself couldnt you, as regards the dent ,well you are right.

Pick up and drop are for company cars where the user does not care or for Lease plan, not for people who cherish their cars
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

I would never allow a pickup/drop of my new car. After it is a couple of years old - maybe - and only if I am feeling really lazy - *** is just a few km away, no big deal. Mostly their drivers really treat the car badly.

I also had problem with my new Swift ZXI, I still feel door panel was dented and repainted, but nobody will admit to shade difference. Complaints to Maruti go unresponded. The way things are, who to blame for minor accident. How do you refuse delivery once you have paid all the money? File court/forum case and wait and spend more time/money? Dealer gave some freebies worth 10k and I accepted. However other stuff dealer generally fixed reasonably well and otherwise car is generally trouble free since 9 months.

For tubeless tires, I go to a good authorised tire dealer. They have the equipment to fix it. The *** will not have equipment to fix tires or battery, no point in going to them.

That being said Maruti also replaced space saver tire with 5th alloy of same size. But now boot size, already small, reduced considerably. I could not understand public making hue and cry about this. Actually tubeless tires do not puncture easily at all. Mostly they let go overnight and almost never suddenly. Thus there is no real need for a 5th similar stepney to use to drive on.

You mostly had a case of somebody letting the air out. I had 2 punctures in 2 of my tubeless tires. I drove for more than a month before I even realised. Instead of 29psi, the 2 tires never held more than 21psi. Every three/four days it would come down to 21psi and remain there. When I called my tire dealer, he said you have puncture, nothing urgent since tubeless and from what I described, bring at convenience. I took same day and he fixed both, checked valves, etc. on other 2 and charged me 120rs.

And the dealers have simply too many cars to handle and not enough experienced guys.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 19:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thats a very bad experience, Skiddy row. This is second such incident of callous attitude from Popular automobiles.

May be you need to try your second service with a different dealer. I had taken my Swift from Cars India & till date I dont have any issue's with them ( I dont know whether they give special attention to us as we have 40+ cars in our office). You can definitely give a try & PM me if you need any contact info.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...e-testing.html

The above link is about our member fighting a case against a dealer for crashing his car while test driving the car.

In your case, I dont think they will deal in those lines at all. But one way that's good, apply constant pressure so that atleast they do a neat recovery.

TRY A DIFFERENT DEALER. POPULAR SUCKS

Last edited by Surprise : 4th August 2006 at 19:30.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are right Himanshu Its time for Fiat growth now for sure, Since MUL has large volume of cars now quality of product and service have become major issues, I am sure MUL has already had bad dream of its decreasing market share because of tough competetion other auotmakers providing and people learnt lesson based on their vehicle ownership and carefull next time when they choose their new vehicle. I heard swift diesal vehicle will be bad than swift petrol in terms of performnance and it might be 60K costlier than petrol version, new ZEN has engine similar to wagonR which is not so good compared to present peppy engine of ZEN. So MUL's new products defects makes public more irritated and frustrated than satisfaction, MUL might have tough time very soon. It applies to any automaker which provides bad service. Thats why most of the automakers are marketing aggresively and trying to relaunch or reshape every of their existing cars and taking lot of survey from customers, public.

As per Indian mentality any worker who works more than 2 years in same place loose out interest If there is no recreation or change of nature of job in palce in the organization, only few % of the workers are happy in the same place. The careless workers create all these nonsense irresponsible works, There are many dealers who just run the busines without customer friendly environment. This is very unfortunate.

These are the big reasons why customer faces so much of minor irresponsible problems.

This is my view since I have taste of more than 3 automakers dealership/service stations experience and studied their personal feedback over years.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 20:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

I stil feel my swift's rear bumper is painted since it has different shade than body and front bumper color, I have lodged complaint with MUL/BIMAL but they never respond in time...
Old 4th August 2006, 20:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I stil feel my swift's rear bumper is painted since it has different shade than body and front bumper color, I have lodged complaint with MUL/BIMAL but they never respond in time...
Oh, you own a Swift? What color is your car?

Quote:
As per Indian mentality any worker who works more than 2 years in same place loose out interest If there is no recreation or change of nature of job in palce in the organization, only few % of the workers are happy in the same place
I fall in the few%, working for the same company for the past 10 yrs, same role & still happy with what Iam doing.

Recreation & change in nature of job - I dont believe in this. My belief is on the challenge & sense of satisfaction that you gets upon attaining those challenges. Iam sure I would be happy with my job even at my retirement age.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 21:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

I own Crystal Gold Swift, you can see my too (over) fancy looking car in BHP profile, I am soon posting more of mind blowing pictures of my car. Back bumper shade is different than rest of the color. Very strange..

I do agree with you Surprise, I am working in same area past 7 years I am very happy my job of course I refresh myself with long trips and visits to wonderful places, but unfortunately not every one work themselves to refresh themselves.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th August 2006, 21:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Here one can see my rear bumper picture

http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scf7169ry8.jpg

you can see it has different shade, I am not sure all golden swift have similar type of different shades, but still its not good if we go in dept with the car. I removed steel rims to fit alloys I can see rusted stuffs isnide when steel rims are removed, very strange things ... my car is not even 6 months old and not used in costal areas..

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th August 2006, 23:11   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well one reason for the difference in the colour of bumper could be due to the fact that while the rest of the body is metal , the bumpers are made of fiber .. Thus the quality of paint on metal to that on fiber differs .. Hence there will always be a difference .. I hope u took that into account too ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 23:55   #28
BHPian

thanks for the comments guys.

@prashanth, yes, I have learnt the hard way not to get a pickup & drop and will definitely drive it myself in future, and take another service centre instead of Popular. Also, I called the dealer asking where to get the deflated tire fixed as I have no prior experience with these tubeless tyres, and they are the ones who asked me to call MOS. I do know very well that I can change it and didnt call them to change the tyre, but instead to get the flat one fixed.

@sandeep, theres no way that someone let the air out as the car was parked in my office basement with security and the guys who returned it said that the valve was faulty and was replaced. when you mentioned the tyre pressure I remembered that the car came with tyres inflated to 37psi!!! I also notice you mentioned a space saver - my ZXI came with a 5th alloy on delivery itself and I thought it was standard.

Interestingly, Maruti got in touch with me today after the complaint mail. They sent an email and that someone would be contacting me from their regional office. A person promptly called up from Maruti and he had gone across to the workshop of popular to inspect the problem and called from there. Couple of managers from popular also called further to that and will be coming personally to return the car tomorrow. Lets see how it goes - I'm still pushing for a replacement rather than a repair job.

I feel really bad reading shivasuma's fiesta story, hope he wins his case...
skiddyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 12:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here one can see my rear bumper picture

http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scf7169ry8.jpg

you can see it has different shade, I am not sure all golden swift have similar type of different shades, but still its not good if we go in dept with the car. I removed steel rims to fit alloys I can see rusted stuffs isnide when steel rims are removed, very strange things ... my car is not even 6 months old and not used in costal areas..

Regards,

Ravi.
I have seen corolla limited edition and civic both have shade difference in bumper and body.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 13:03   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
its just the dealer whu is the culprit here .......i more than satisfied from my dealer (rohan motors,delhi)......damn it ....ma horn wasn't working perfectly....after the 1st service ,called them up.....they came to ma office around 20 km from their workshop...on the same day,repaired it.....before this i never knew Maruti dealership has graduted to Professionalism and customer satisfaction....kudos to them....

its jst that skiddyrow got a bad dealer...dude nxt time try diff. maruti dealer for service.
Hey, Consider urself LUCKY that you havnt had a problem with Rohan !!! They are so hopeless that now I've just let it go and just consider it as another case of CHEATING by everyone in this city ...after all how will the poor owners educate their kids, or pay for their wives shopping or their frigging extar marital affairs or their foreign jaunts or the food that appears on their table --- I just consider that I sponsored some part of their lives --

ROHAN MOTORS are frigging CHEATS and in dealing with them ... double check everything !!! Coz once the car is out ..they dont give a damn .....

Come to think of it ...everyones out to make a quick buck and it doesnt really matter HOW they do it , so all dealers are in the same boat !!!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote