Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 5th August 2006, 16:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Yes I agree metal and fiber paint differs a lot in shade but my point is why only back bumper has different shade than rest of the body and fornt bumper color? Thereis no any difference in color shade between front bumper and body color of my car, any way I didn't take it serious matter but GOD knows whats the story Based on recent experience I feel its hard to trust any service station ... Mechanics lack needed skillset for sure.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 17:56   #32
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
ROHAN MOTORS are frigging CHEATS and in dealing with them ... double check everything !!! Coz once the car is out ..they dont give a damn .....
Yep one of my close friends had a horrible experience with ROHAN motors, the CAR a swift stalled 45 minutes or so after the first service, reason: Alternator was disconnected or something like that. The poor guy was stranded in Maharani Bagh at 8PM, after calling ROHAN motors mobile service they took bout 1hr 45mins to reach maharani bagh.... dayum!!! Another friend was given a Bill of Rs 5000 to de-carbonise his M800 !!!!!
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 14:34   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, Consider urself LUCKY that you havnt had a problem with Rohan !!! They are so hopeless that now I've just let it go and just.....
don know.....abt ur experience ..... i damaged my clutch plates recently ....they changed it at no cost as a "Case of Under warranty".....overall iam pretty much satisfied with these guys ....but then thats my exp. .....i hope these pleasent times jst continue......
speedofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 14:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am also not too happy with my clutch...IMO Maruti have glitched in clutch setting in factory, resulting in major clutch problems for many cars. I had got mine adjusted next day after delivery.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 7th August 2006 at 14:47.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 14:29   #35
BHPian

Finally got my car back - i went personally to pick it up and met the works manager of Popular, who was very helpful. Realised that I had met him before as well and he apologized on behalf of the driver and appealed to me not to press for a replacement, as it would be taken from the drivers salary (I hate it when they do that, but I'm a sucker for these things :-)). He said he would do anything to ensure that the job was done to my satisfaction.

I Inspected the car and they had done a very good job of mending the dent, but the paint job was not up to the mark

as you can see the difference in paint is clearly visible in this photo taken at the workshop. He said that they would redo the paint across the entire front bumper to ensure that it was even, but as I was in a hurry, not having my car for the last three days, I told him I would bring it back the following Saturday. He also promised to reapply the Sunfilm and patch the mark above the door that was there on delivery, so if they do that I will be back to being a happy Swift owner :-)

Last edited by skiddyrow : 8th August 2006 at 14:35.
skiddyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 15:02   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

As a couple of guys rightly mentioned on this thread, "If you really care about your car and are paranoid about even small scratches, you should NOT opt for pickup/drop of your car for service". If you are too lazy for that or think you are too busy a person, don't bitch about the damage inflicted by the drivers. For God's sake, the service centres are open on Sundays too - if a weekday is not feasible for you. And it helps to spend some time detailing the issues to the actual engineers working on your car, so that they are handled properly.

And to those that say that Maruti A** is going downhill, they do not respond etc etc, my experience has been always on the contrary. The recent example is the boot light issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ification.html (Boot light wiring clarification.)) in my Baleno. Filled up the complaint form on the MUL website, they replied next day asking for MASS details. The 3rd day, the Southern Region service head calls me and instructs my MASS to rectify my issue. This is followed by the MASS engineer calling me and asking for a convenient time for me to have him check and rectify the problem. Have tentatively decided to get it done on Thursday at my office parking lot itself (he will come there and do it). What more do you expect ? I am OK with this service.

For those that wanna get MUL's attention, try contacting :
Mr.Sidhagoundan.N
Territory Manager (Service)
MUL - Regional Office, Chennai
Phone : 044 - 28233050-53
FAX : 044 - 2824 2059
Sidhagoundan.N@maruti.co.in
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 15:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
And to those that say that Maruti A** is going downhill, they do not respond etc etc, my experience has been always on the contrary.
Which is why I always say that it depends largely (almost solely) on your rapport with your dealership. You have now woken up SB because someone's criticising the manufacturer whose car you are driving - very often you would do the same for another manufacturer based on what you hear about a dealer.

Its the dealership, not the manufacturer I'd still say
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 15:24   #38
BHPian

Cool down buddy, the oil thing is apparently a company standard when questioned on how the other MASS do not have this, the service manager implies that they do not follow the standard practice, I dreaded the first service I knew they will spoil the entire new car thingy and your experience will begin to be like you have been driving the car for some years. BTW I service my cars either in Bangalore/Hyderabad, I would recommend Pratham in Bangalore and Mithra in Hyderabad, Guys can we share the best experience service centers across cities so atleast the good guys get good business

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 8th August 2006 at 15:27.
kiranpashtakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 15:44   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Which is why I always say that it depends largely (almost solely) on your rapport with your dealership. You have now woken up SB because someone's criticising the manufacturer whose car you are driving - very often you would do the same for another manufacturer based on what you hear about a dealer.
Hey suman, I don't have any rapport with the MASS guy - this grievance redressal was based on my interaction with MUL direct, not thru the MASS. Infact, I never go to a MASS if I can avoid it. I am a hands-on guy and if something is beyond my comprehension, then only I go to them. For the Baleno, I have visited them just thrice in the last 16 months for the 3 services. How can you build a rapport with such few visits ?
I don't remember ever criticising the A** of any manufacturer here. Plainly because I do not have any experience with any car other than Maruti. So, if I do not know personally about it, I would not write about it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Its the dealership, not the manufacturer I'd still say
I do agree about this part to an extent. To an extent because, the manufacturer can exert quite some control over their dealers/service centres, if they want to. MUL is pretty rigorous about this - I know this because I have friends who have set up their MASS and they mention about the checks that MUL has in place. Other manufacturers might also have similar system in place, but I am not aware to comment on it.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th August 2006 at 15:46.
Old 8th August 2006, 22:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The recent example is the boot light issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ification.html (Boot light wiring clarification.)) in my Baleno. Filled up the complaint form on the MUL website, they replied next day asking for MASS details. The 3rd day, the Southern Region service head calls me and instructs my MASS to rectify my issue.
SB, you don't seem to have any confidence & trust in your Maruti Service centers and had to resort to write to MUL directly for your problem. Well, that sums up the present state of the much touted Maruti A**.
finneyp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 23:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
As a couple of guys rightly mentioned on this thread, "If you really care about your car and are paranoid about even small scratches, you should NOT opt for pickup/drop of your car for service". If you are too lazy for that or think you are too busy a person, don't bitch about the damage inflicted by the drivers. For God's sake, the service centres are open on Sundays too - if a weekday is not feasible for you. And it helps to spend some time detailing the issues to the actual engineers working on your car, so that they are handled properly.

And to those that say that Maruti A** is going downhill, they do not respond etc etc, my experience has been always on the contrary. The recent example is the boot light issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ification.html (Boot light wiring clarification.)) in my Baleno. Filled up the complaint form on the MUL website, they replied next day asking for MASS details. The 3rd day, the Southern Region service head calls me and instructs my MASS to rectify my issue. This is followed by the MASS engineer calling me and asking for a convenient time for me to have him check and rectify the problem. Have tentatively decided to get it done on Thursday at my office parking lot itself (he will come there and do it). What more do you expect ? I am OK with this service.

For those that wanna get MUL's attention, try contacting :
Mr.Sidhagoundan.N
Territory Manager (Service)
MUL - Regional Office, Chennai
Phone : 044 - 28233050-53
FAX : 044 - 2824 2059
Sidhagoundan.N@maruti.co.in
SupremeBaleno - yes I agree with your first point and if you have read all the posts including my replies, you will see that I have acknowledged the fact that I should have dropped it off myself and that I have learnt the hard way - so I dont see the point in bringing it up again.

Also as you have done, I filled the form on their website and got a reponse within a day, after which a Maruti person called me up from the workshop after inspecting theproblems - after which Popular has got its act together and has gone about setting everything right. I am happy with this as well, but would have been happier if the problems were addressed by Popular correctly in the first place.
Old 9th August 2006, 09:57   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
SB, you don't seem to have any confidence & trust in your Maruti Service centers and had to resort to write to MUL directly for your problem. Well, that sums up the present state of the much touted Maruti A**.
A.S.S. is about a lot of things - it is about availability of spares, density of service stations, knowledge of the technicians, attitude of the guys running the show, concern shown to the customer, promptness in completing jobs, sticking to promised delivery schedules etc etc. If your service station is able to meet all of these, you would be one hell of a lucky guy. But then, quite a few of them fail in a few areas. In my case, it was technical knowledge about the car - we did not agree on the boot light functioning. And I wanted to hear the way it is supposed to work, from the horse's mouth (ie. MUL). That's why I contacted MUL direct. For some manufacturers (eg. Fiat, as per comments from actual owners on this forum), most of the attributes are shaky and that reflects in the lack of consumer confidence in the products, as demonstrated by the invisibility of those products on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddyrow
SupremeBaleno - yes I agree with your first point and if you have read all the posts including my replies, you will see that I have acknowledged the fact that I should have dropped it off myself and that I have learnt the hard way - so I dont see the point in bringing it up again.
You got a point there. And it was not directed at you or anyone in particular. Was just mentioning a fact that the drivers don't care a rat's A** about our cars. I apologize if you felt offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddyrow
Also as you have done, I filled the form on their website and got a reponse within a day, after which a Maruti person called me up from the workshop after inspecting theproblems - after which Popular has got its act together and has gone about setting everything right. I am happy with this as well, but would have been happier if the problems were addressed by Popular correctly in the first place.
I have used the services of Popular in Kerala and they were just about OK. Not sure about the Chennai outfit, which is quite new. I was in touch with them also while buying the Baleno, but found that they were pretty stingy with the discounts compared to other dealers. Hence did not buy from them.
Old 9th August 2006, 10:34   #43
BHPian

Default ABT is best

skiddyrow, I too own a swift ZXI silky silver which has done 12500 Kms. As far as my knowledge goes, in chennai ABT is the best for Maruti. My experience with CARS India was pathetic(uncleaned body, improperly wiped dash, Mat's not dusted properly e.t.c), also they never deliver the car in time. I left a negative feedback, they called me again for a free wash and vaccum which i rejected... Heard from mail4ajo and now from you that POPULAR is also in the same boat.

My advise is to go for ABT, it is located in Arumbakkam just behind the ford showroom. PM me if you need any help.
ksethuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 20:43   #44

Exclamation

Hi,
My Swift Vxi is due for second service. I have had bad experience with Sai Service Pune. Which other service station in Pune would one recommend to get the car serviced.

Many Thanks

Diablo
diablo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 23:55   #45
BHPian

@supremeBaleno - no offence taken! incidentally, the contact persons address you had given for MUL is the person who called me up, and he landed up at the popular workshop and put pressure on them. The works manager there, Sivaraman was also very helpful and polite and ensured that all my complaints were addressed.

@ksethuram, I might definitely take your advice and try the ABT at arumbakkam - its much closer to my house also than the popular workshop at saligramam

also the problem of the dashboard lights mysteriously going on and off was traced to a faulty switch (the one behind the steering with all the headlight on / off indicators etc - dunno what its called :-)). They replaced the entire unit under warranty

Last edited by skiddyrow : 10th August 2006 at 00:00.