Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 30th December 2014, 11:34   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

I have visited VW service for my 4 regular services and a couple of other times for some minor issues I have had a fairly good experience. Nothing extraordinarily courteous but would be almost comparable to other car brands. They are professional and businesslike and make the same mistakes that Maruti , Hyundai would make. But I have seen nothing severly wrong.
So maybe they have been doing their homework and slowly and surely turning around the after sales service.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 23:39   #77
BHPian

Hi Docaxe,

Am just trying to understand the role of the RSA company here. If it doesn't bother you, Could you please help me with few queries?

IMHO, RSA add on packages are really useful just as the extended warranties. It will really help others to decide on these packages if we clearly define it's role in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
We were stuck between Belgaum and Dharwad and made a call to RSA.
Call was attended by the RSA company personnel? Did you get any case number?

Quote:
When I told them about the issues that I faced, they promptly organised a Vento Tdi from VW Mangalore.
Who was the coordinator between the two dealerships? The RSA Company?

Quote:
I was in a dilemma and I conveyed the same to VW higher-ups who were in constant touch with me.
Could you please specify their respective positions? When the case was open with the RSA company, why VW personnel were following it up, isn't it the responsibility of the RSA company to provide updates at regular intervals?

Quote:
They asked me to take a flight to Mumbai, for which they would refund the fare amount after the claim process
RSA add on package offers the transfer to the planned destination or home address and includes hotel and replacement car benefits.

Quote:
They had sent the bill which I settled in cash. Next morning I received a call that there was some mis-communication and I was erroneously billed. They had taken up the case as a warranty repair and promised to refund the entire amount ASAP.
Were you invoiced by the RSA company or VW Hubli?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 30th December 2014 at 23:55.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 15:02   #78
BHPian

Hi docaxe,

I am glad to hear some good news about VW service. That is an exceptionally good experience. As being a VW customer for many years (using Passat and Polo), all I have heard is negative views and now it looks like VW service is going towards a positive trend. Hope to hear more of such happy experiences...!!!

Wish you a Happy New Year

Cheers,
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 15:44   #79
BHPian

Am I dreaming while reading the post?
Oh, no I am awake; and it is indeed all praise review of the VW A.S.S.

I surely hope VW has pulled up their socks and will continue the good service across all dealers and regions. I surely hope this is a regular experience for all VW customers and not a one-off case in new year.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 11:19   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
As per my experience even though Maruti is the highest seller in the market, their dealers are never high headed. Service support is also amazing.
Very true, but this is only due to high volume, and not any innitiative from Maruti. As per a friend who was a Maruti dealer previously, most Maruti spares are supplied to the dealer for very low margin of profit 4 to 7.5 % for fast moving spares.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 14:34   #81
BHPian

Good to see VW step up its game in India.

Their cars are good and now with more potent engines available they should see sales climb.

I own a VW myself and have so far had a very good experience with it.
Kn1ght1941 is offline   Reply With Quote