Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th January 2015, 23:28   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me an old BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swappe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_rohit View Post
This apology should have been in writing, verbal apologies and settlements don't mean anything in such a big cheating case.

I also think that once you have accepted their verbal apologies, it's too late to ask for a written apology now.

Better you should Settle for free maintenance or similar free services which pose some financial burden on them.
I asked for an apology not to collect evidence but because my father in law deserved one. I have enough written evidence on what has happened. This case is not about cheating. It is about keeping us in the dark. It happens with every car and every brand. No one has an idea on what your car has gone through unless you notice a fault in your car. In our case, We got to know what exactly happened with my car. The car was meant for another customer who had asked for M kit for his 3 series. He backed out in the last moment and hence the car was kept on display. 7 customers saw it when it was on display before getting to us. When we didn't opt for the M kit, they removed it and replaced it with the standard bumper when the damage happened and a quick fix paint job was done. If they had told us about this before buying the car then there wouldn't have been such a big issue. I have seen many new cars kept in hot sun before getting to the customer. May be they have been hit or something must have happened which we are not aware of. We need to have more transparency in the system and every customer has the right to be informed about of the history of the car before delivering it to him/her.

After pics as requested.(3M's PPF has been removed)
Attached Thumbnails
Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped-imag0876-2.jpg  

Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped-imag0877.jpg  

Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped-before-after-bmw-repaint.png  

Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped-imag0878.jpg  

yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 05:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me an old BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swappe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
After pics as requested.(3M's PPF has been removed)
Is the shade on the newly painted area matching nicely with the rest of the body? Good that things have finally concluded.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 21:23   #108
BHPian

Looks like this is not the dealerships first experience in cheating customers, please read below link

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/46130469.cms
RSimonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:44   #109
BHPian

Default Re: Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swa

Came across this article in Jalopnik about a similar story in the US.

http:oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-king-of-all-bmw-owners-1688628187/+travis
grandkruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 13:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swa

The court hearing a similar case against the same dealer has said that the fraud possibly involves more than 30 cars sold by this dealership that seems to have ABSOLUTELY NO SCRUPLES:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle2712514.ece
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:07   #111
BHPian

Default Re: Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped

I purchased a used BMW through hypothecation from HDFC, however on a related note-the bank informed that for a brand new BMW it wouldn't have been possible as a result of the dodgy ethics displayed by this dealer 'Platino Classic'- there were several defaults from them and the bank has now black-listed them. Unsure how far is true !!!

My service experience with Platino Classic has been gratifying, partly as a result of good rapport I cultivated with a couple of the blokes who offered me their tidbits of wisdom.
jacobvarughese is online now   Reply With Quote