Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 26th August 2016, 06:48   #16
BHPian

Update to the VW horror:

Subsequently i sold off my Polo in October 2015 and moved on to what I thought was best driver car, New Ford Fiesta.

Surprisingly, last week, a service manager from VW found my contacts and called me for a meeting. I explained to him that I have moved on from VW and don't own the car. He still requested for a meeting. Subsequently he met me at my office and apologized profusely for the mistakes done by the dealership and offered explanation on various measures taken by VW and PPS motors to improve service. I listened to him and sent him off.

Is this a changing attitude of VW due to dieselgate and all those setbacks they faced all over the world? I would like to believe them and give VW a second chance in future. Trust me, the car never cheated me in the five years she was with me. Though I am very happy with my Fiesta, I miss that strong build which German cars are known for...

Last edited by gkoneti : 26th August 2016 at 06:50.
gkoneti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 14:32   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Fraud at VW's Hyderabad Dealer - PPS Motors

Definitely looks like a positive move by VW. They do have some gems in the form of dealers - BU Bhandari at Pune is one of them - Probably one of the few dealers with a rock solid process in place.

I hope VW keeps up with this focus on service. They make amazing cars!
FanaticOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 14:41   #18
BHPian

Getting in touch with top officials of VW is like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. My friend whose Jetta was stolen from VW Capital's workshop finally sent a written complaint by speedpost to the MD of VW Group Sales India Private Ltd. based in Mumbai. This again elicited the same response that the "concern" has been forwarded to ...you guessed it....VW Capital for early resolution. So much for Unique Customer Experience tom tommed by VW!!!! A good product needs good aftersales service. Unless VW understsnds this their excellent products are doomed in India. Not surpringly my friend's concern is still unresolved by VW and VW Capital.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 14:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
Dear Rajeev, Captain Rex

they removed my ignition coil and kept a worn out coil to intimidate me with the vibration of the car and then coerce me to buy new one. since i stood by my argument that it was never discussed with me during check up, they had no choice but put back my actual ignition coil. Looking back at that experience, now i feel so bad and frustrated with the dealer. i should have slapped him then.
We are used to such deceitful behaviour from the mohalla mechanics and that is why I used to personally supervise repairs to my trusted Amby. It seems VW Dealerahip owned worshops also fall in the same category.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote