Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 7th March 2015, 11:37   #1
Smile Great experience with VW Downtown, Mumbai

After a lot of research and soul searching, I decided to take the plunge and get myself a VW Polo GT TSI around November last year. And that machine has only made me happy since it has arrived

One of the biggest concerns on my mind during this process was some of the bad experiences other forum members have had when it comes to VW Service. I checked with someone who used to work at VW, and he assured me that internally VW India has made some changes and that they now focus on customer feedback/service experience.

Last week, I gave the car for its first check up (~7500 kms) and also needed to get some work on due to a stone on the road (see pics). The car needed a new wheel, tyre and paint job on door. All this was done, without any complaints, however what I found really heartening was the level of personalised service and attention I got from VW Downtown, Mumbai.

I have appended below the appreciation email i sent them.

My question to you, fellow team bhp'ians is, do you think VW Service has turned a corner? Have things improved for all of you?

I would like to thank Lalit and Salman for the wonderful work they have done on my car (VW Polo GT TSI - MH xx cc xxxx).

The car was damaged by a stone on the road and need replacement of wheel and tyre along with repainting of rear right door. When I brought the car to the service centre, I was promptly attended to. Lalit made sure car was lifted and checked for damage of any other kind, after which I was promptly advised on spare availability, Salman made sure I was given the right forms to fill and car was kept for inspection. The fact that all of this was done in my presence greatly helped me understand damage and repair that must be done.

I picked up the car on 05Mar15, and was very happy with the level of workmanship that has been displayed and service levels. Salman was available to address any queries or concerns though the process, and gave personalised attention before the car was handed back to me.

Would like to thank you once again.

Before I purchased a VW, I was afraid of the negative service reviews that one finds on review sites online. However, I must say that this experience has taken away any such fears from my mind. I have had cars from other companies in the past, however, the level of service I received from VW Downtown, surpassed past experience from other manufacturers.

Attached Thumbnails
Great experience with VW Downtown, Mumbai-img_0457.jpg  

Great experience with VW Downtown, Mumbai-img_0459.jpg  

HeavyFuelRun is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 10:24   #2
Default Re: Great experience with VW Downtown, Mumbai

I too have had good experiences with VW Downtown Service @ Sewree. We have a Polo & Passat, both bought in 2012.

The Polo has been through a paint job a couple of times & a engine mount replacement under warranty as well as two services. The Passat has been through two services and a Start/Stop button replacement and rear ABS Sensor replacements under warranty.

The only time I felt they were stressed was when they shut down their Lalbaug workshop and moved everything to Sewree.
rpunwani is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 10:50   #3

I have a 2014 Jetta and am very happy with the VW service to date. I've a great dealer (VW Mysore) whose CEO/GM etc. are always available and eager to help. Since I'm based in Bangalore, they even put in a call at VW Whitefield (where I normally take my car for routine service) to ensure that I get good service.

I had a Skoda earlier. The general horror stories with that brand notwithstanding, I found that cultivating good relationships with the dealer folks ensured that I always had a pleasant ownership and service experience.
BackInTheFold is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 03:26   #4

Bit Off topic -- Today while at Nariman Point I spotted a new VW Polo GT TSI Test Vehicle parked in front of Maker Chambers. While looking at the car the driver (and salesperson) returned and seeing my interest very courteously engaged in what I thought was a very informed discussion about the GT, the DSG transmission and modifications. He was quite pleasant and cheerful and showed no impatience even though he figured out right away that I already had a Polo (though not such a high end version). On being asked, he replied that he was a Hardik from VW Downtown, Mumbai.

Last edited by Kumar R : 17th May 2015 at 03:37.
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote