Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 18th May 2015, 19:24   #1
Default VW dealership Abra Motors fined for delaying Vento delivery

A Chennai VW dealer Abra Motors has been fined for delaying delivery of a car! I must congratulate the customer here for taking up such issues but the compensation is peanuts for the dealer - 50k

CHENNAI:A Volkswagen showroom in the city was slapped with a fine of Rs 50,000 and directed to return the advance received from a customer, for not delivering a Vento to him for almost a year after the booking date.

In a case brought before the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, Justice R Regupathi ruled that Abra Motors has shown deficiency of service, as they had promised to deliver the car to M Mohaideen from Purasawalkam, within 5 months of receiving the advance.

In his affidavit, Mohaideen had related how he had booked a Vento High Line (MT) variant at Abra Motors by paying a Rs 75,000 advance in October 2010 and was promised the car by March, latest.

However, neither did he receive the car nor did he hear from the dealership much after the expiry of the deadline and issued a legal notice in August 2011, to which the Volkswagen dealership replied almost a year later.

Eventually, he had to approach TVS Volkswagen Dealers to purchase the same car, albeit at a cost higher by approximated Rs 2 lakh rupees, owing to the passage of time.

After hearing the arguments put forth by the lawyers representing Abra Motors, the Judge ruled in Mohaideen’s favour and directed the dealership to refund the advance along with a fine amounting to Rs 50,000 for the mental agony that he suffered.

Further, he is entitled to recover Rs 5,000 for the costs incurred by him in pursuing this issue legally, all within the next two months.
Link - http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2820072.ece
pacman2881 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: VW dealership Abra Motors fined for delaying Vento delivery

Mod Note: Thread moved to the dealership section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Inability to deliver a Vento for ONE YEAR?

This isn't some CBU we're talking about..

There's gotta be something more to the story than just this!
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 21:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Knowing Abra, this is quite possible. The sales will be super friendly and close with you till you make the booking. Then you may end up chasing them day in day out to find status of your car.

Abra service center has got slightly better.

I bought my Jetta from Abra and it was not a pleasant experience when you make any man and his spouse wait in the showroom from 4 to 930 in the night for taking delivery of your car.

They could not even plan the delivery better and it was not the smoothest of delivery.

And that Abra is yet to send a picture after 5 years still astounds me. My swift experience was quite the opposite. And they told me to wait 5 minutes after signing of everything and the customary picture. They just ran inside to print it out.

These are small things but shows how much they care when it comes to customer service after the initial sales.

The sales guy is actually a nice guy and i still recommend his name but he is still sending me that one picture .

Last edited by VW2010 : 19th May 2015 at 21:04.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote