Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 4th July 2007, 23:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Kiran, the pump at Madhapur - is it a HP ?

How is the Madhapur HP pump ?

Guys, need info on good pumps in Hyd - couz lives around Madhapur, and drives to Deloitte marg. Can you pls suggest a good pump on that route ?

And a good place to service an Alto - the baby is brand new.

Do not give your baby to Mithra at Madhapur. I recently gave my WagonR for 3rd free service and they messed up the engine. Engine feels rough after the service. Car was not washed properly. Alignment and wheelbalancing was not done properly. They broke the cardboard at the boot to half. Broke the connecting pins of my rear speakers. Found my new stephany was changed and fitted as the right front wheel. I was really embarassed with their service.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju View Post
I always fill petrol in IBP bunk near Begumpet flyover. It is a company owned and company operated petrol bunk. I am always getting good FE. 20kmpl on highway driving and 14kmpl in city.
I got my baleno's tank brimmed up from here- the car now idles like a diesel! and it is running rough, with pick up like a wagon r- not a baleo

This pump is the pits.

the good news is that I see a couple of hsell bunks about to commence operations. One should go to these blindly, if they are convenient.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Do not give your baby to Mithra at Madhapur. I recently gave my WagonR for 3rd free service and they messed up the engine. Engine feels rough after the service. Car was not washed properly. Alignment and wheelbalancing was not done properly. They broke the cardboard at the boot to half. Broke the connecting pins of my rear speakers. Found my new stephany was changed and fitted as the right front wheel. I was really embarassed with their service.
I got my baleno's second service done from RKS- Saboo at somajiguda(or is it raj bhaven road? still new to hyd so can be sure of the road's name)

the workshop is small and cluttered but the work was pretty decent and their service advisor was a very polite and helpful chap. Since I reached there at 9 AM, he put two guys on my car right away and I was given teh car bak at 11- fully serviced and clean.

one gripe though- these guys do not provide paper foot mats. i had to ask him to give some old newspapers since it was raining and I dod not want slush inside the car.
Old 9th July 2007, 21:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I got my baleno's tank brimmed up from here- the car now idles like a diesel! and it is running rough, with pick up like a wagon r- not a baleo

This pump is the pits.

the good news is that I see a couple of hsell bunks about to commence operations. One should go to these blindly, if they are convenient.
Hi Himanshu,

Did you filled up at IBP COCO which is opposite at beginning of Begumpet Airport flyover?. I am regularly filling at bunk since last 2 1/2 years. Did not face any issues. I am getting regularly above 21kmpl on highways (25kmpl at one occation) and 14 kmpl in city.

And Shell outlet is very near to my residence. Once I filled there and I got 12.6kmpl on highway.

Last edited by narasimha raju : 9th July 2007 at 22:02.
narasimha raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 14:14   #20
BHPian

Default Shell Super Unleaded

Yeah, I have same story to tell. I usually fill-up xtra premium at Begumpet IBP COCO and it's pretty good so far. But when I tried Shell Super Unleaded thrice engine was not so smooth and mileage dropped by couple of kmpl. BTW, I drive a zen MPFi.
skidrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 16:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, where is Fullmoon bunk at Somajiguda? Is it HP or IndianOil?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 13:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

i filled up at the IBP pump that is diagonally opposite to pantaloons. going ot the airport yesterday, I saw that there is one more IBP pump right next to teh flyover(guess this is the company owned one- will try this next time round)
Old 17th July 2007, 23:56   #23
BHPian

Default IBP near Ohri's

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Bumping an old thread.. Any good petrol pump near Banjara Hills? preferably HP (I have their Petro credit card )
I have been filling from IBP near Ohri's in Banjara Hills without much problems. I have not had a bad experience so far, but am suspicious one or two attendants could be unreliable.

I also had good experience with Full moon and the one before Himalaya book store between H'bad central and Nagarjuna circle.

For people that like shell, thats near Yousufguda cross roads.

@vnabhi: Full moon is an IOC pump

Last edited by sreenivass : 17th July 2007 at 23:58.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 00:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
i filled up at the IBP pump that is diagonally opposite to pantaloons. going ot the airport yesterday, I saw that there is one more IBP pump right next to teh flyover(guess this is the company owned one- will try this next time round)
The petrol bunk diagonally to Pantaloons is IOC. People say it is famous and good. Last time I filled 10 lt of petorl in my Karizma and later I found that only about 6 liters was filled.

I also had some bad experience with Shell Super. Rough engine and low mileage. I had tried many petrol bunks and experimented with various premium fuels with different fuel additives and my final conclusion is, JUST STICK TO NORMAL UNLEADED PETROL. I found the HP petrol bunk next to MAGNA in kukatpally be good and the BP petrol bunk between Bowenpally and Balanagar to be very good.

cheers!
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2007, 02:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i guess one of them is in gachibowli, where you live, good for you.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 01:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

the pump opposite deshmukh hospital in shankarm mutt vidya nagar road is good!, its IOC.

the newly opened pump in abids after you cross big baazar, vishal mart to left there is a pump on the opposite side of vishal mart, IOC which sells quality fuel atleast as of now!

Last edited by rider60 : 11th January 2008 at 01:34.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 16:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
I have been filling from IBP near Ohri's in Banjara Hills without much problems. I have not had a bad experience so far, but am suspicious one or two attendants could be unreliable.

I also had good experience with Full moon and the one before Himalaya book store between H'bad central and Nagarjuna circle.

For people that like shell, thats near Yousufguda cross roads.

@vnabhi: Full moon is an IOC pump
Thanks, I found it next to Somajiguda circle. I fill up my WagonR regularly there.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 16:43   #28
PVS
BHPian

[quote=rider60;684863]the pump opposite deshmukh hospital in shankarm mutt vidya nagar road is good!, its IOC.

Yes it is. Mohan Auto; I have been filling there since 2004. There is another Shell petrol pump on the Habsiguda - Uppal road near GE, which is supposed to be good.

Service Centres - I used to give my Esteem to Mithra RTC X Roads - but have now stopped. The last time, they messed up with my air con and I had to replace it completely. I couldn't argue as the vehicle was close to 10 years old! Some of the issues that I report are still unresolved after getting back my vehicle; a few days later a lady calls up enquiring about the quality of service offered. I give a negative feedback, she takes it and hangs up. No follow through calls from the service managers - I believe they do not really care about customers. Lots of new ones keep coming in everyday anyway.
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 18:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

I noticed atleast 1-2 KMPL drop when using Shell Dsl in my Palio. I still mostly fill from Mohsin (BPCL) at yerramanzil on Punjagutta road.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2008, 10:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Yup, Sivam Petrol Bunk in Begumpet is the best. For Maruti authorised service center, RKS in Somajiguda is good. I would not recommend Varun or Mithra.

Cheers!!!

I difFer about Sivam pertol bunk, it the most dubious one... not just me but few of my friedns ahve experinced ir more than twice.

IBP near bpet flyover and Shell near Ameerpet is gr8...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote