Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 10th June 2009, 21:00   #61
Team-BHP Support

Really sorry to hear this soms. I truly had some ray of hope that things would turn around for Skoda and its networks, but i guess no!

We can surely see the brand die a slow death soon, if this is to continue :(
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:28   #62
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by soms201174 View Post
I shall just wait for this car to come out, sell it off and enough of Skoda fantasies for me.
so your 2nd hand dealer did not agree to take it back and exchange it with another car?
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:53   #63
BHPian

Send a Legal notice to TAFE and see whatz their reaction.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 00:23   #64
BHPian

whatever happened to the original thread starter - did he win the consumer court case??
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 10:11   #65
Team-BHP Support

You can get the entire history of the car from the database in TAFE. End of the day, theyare the ones who maintained the car
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 11:22   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You can get the entire history of the car from the database in TAFE. End of the day, theyare the ones who maintained the car
Sure but what how does this service history help when TAFE themselves are clueless. The only option is to get hold of the history and send a stinker to Skoda for what it's worth.

So far Skoda has not shown great interest in resolving matters that are serious. Skoda we need to see more action!
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 21:40   #67

I asked about the ODO reading Ajit, and TAFE guys said they wouldnt have it and they dont have such sophisticated equipments to read the ODO reading from the vehicles onboard system. Bunch of lies I presume or maybe, I'm not sure. Drove to Coorg this weekend. Second hand car dealer gave the Elantra for this trip. Powerful car, but a fuel guzzler. Aleast I didnt have to tow the car from Ramnagar with my daughter in the backseat, like the Skoda in the previous occassion.
soms201174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 15:30   #68

After months of bickering around. Got the good for nothing skoda in October and sold it. Used car dealer didnt give me the price I had paid. Lost some money but got a lot in peace of mind. Was happy with my old esteem for a while till a bike guy rammed the doors on one of the bangalore cross roads. Chucked everything in the wind and finally decided on a no hassle vehicle with lower maintenance. So here you go people. I have got my White 2010 new Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDI LT. I only miss the power retractable mirrors and the sunroof (lesser priced petrol chevy sibling has got one tho. Sob Sob). Happy Cruising folks. BYe Bye Skoda, Welcome GM.
soms201174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 22:57   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Lost some money but got a lot in peace of mind.
We face situations sometimes, where we just gotta minimize losses and move on. Never throw good money after bad. Good move.

The Optra has a superb reliability record and will serve you well. Congratulations!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 21:39   #70

i have a bad experience with another TAFE as well, for my Linea,TAFE REACH Chennai these guys once sent me back the car after the 1st service with a yellow stripe running across the length of the car! although they did fix it quickly i cannot imagine how something like that can even happen!!
TAFE is just pathetic
torquefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 14:47   #71
BHPian

Default Re: TAFE Access (SKODA dealership) sucks

Hello All,What is the feedback on TAFE dealer on Hosur Road in Bangalore? Anybody with any experience.I'm asking to choose between Vinayak or TAFE on hosur road. The reason for TAFE is that it is close to my office in electronic city
kumarsiddhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 12:46   #72
BHPian

As I mentioned in another thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2749716 (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)) I received my Skoda-inhouse insurance (from Bajaj Allianz) with a handful of errors in it. I reviewed it and sent a mail to Tafe to get them corrected. After a long followups and I just got the new one by email two days before. I could download it today only as I was out of Bangalore. To my shock it came with the fuel type wrongly typed as 'Petrol'. I do no think the insurance company will provide the compensation in case of any unfortunate event. I have requested for re-correction and also CC'd Skoda customer care. I hope they will not introduce any new mistakes this time.
rajni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:00   #73
BHPian

I plan to book a skoda rapid thru TAFE st marks road. Can someone provide their experience with this particular dealer. Any issues or concerns while purchasing with this particular dealer?
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

If you're unhappy already with these chaps then if you like, you can call Hemanth the GM of Vinayak and ask him to help you. He looked after me very well which is why I refer him to people on our forum. You can mention me if you want.
All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I plan to book a skoda rapid thru TAFE st marks road. Can someone provide their experience with this particular dealer. Any issues or concerns while purchasing with this particular dealer?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Dear Rotorhead:

You may want to read my experience ( 4 and half years ago, though) here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html (My L&K Combi Delivery problems! EDIT : Dealer taken to task for forging my signature)

I am not sure if they have changed their attitude, but in this world of choice why take a chance.

Cheers
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote