Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th January 2016, 12:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No way you can get a set of Hyundai glow plugs for 250 bucks.
Neither you get the spark plugs too GTO, but I recall one of my ex-colleague who did VA analysis for turbo's did not know his own Fiat Linea diesel had one. More to it he had a MS from Purdue, people should know what they are buying and what they are paying.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th January 2016 at 12:05.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 12:23   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!

Lol. This is the sole reason that I sold off my Hyundai.

Was charged Rs.8000/- for the paid service and nothing was done apart from a wash. Had started giving my vehicle to local service guys who did a better job than any Trident service center. Mine was a Santro though.
afunnynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 01:00   #48
BHPian

Really shocking piece of news.

I bought my Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX Petrol after screening out the City, Rapid and the Linea. The main reason for choosing Hyundai was that after Maruti, they have the largest presence pan India.

Made more sense for me since being in the Forces, I get posted to far flung areas where it's impossible to find any network other than Maruti and Hyundai.

I did experience a lackadaisical attitude when I went for my first free servicing in Deora Hyundai, Jodhpur. The service rep had really shallow knowledge about the Vehicle and was fumbling at any question thrown to him.

I hope Hyundai India is reading this and takes corrective action before it's too late.
nda992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 11:07   #49
BHPian

I think what micraft has to do most urgently is to give his car to another service centre for a repeat service. Supposing he is right in the fact that none of the work prescribed has been done, what is going to be the condition of the car maybe a couple of months from now?

Always consider the worst case scenario in these type of cases!

I agree with Prithm in that consumer courts are taxing and its pretty difficult to get a positive decree from them unless its a open and shut case. At the most a case will act as a nuisance value for the company

Last edited by gopzdoc : 15th January 2016 at 11:11. Reason: addition of matter
gopzdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 12:14   #50
BHPian

The issue with bad job with Wheel Alignment and balancing seems universal across Hyundai authorised service centres. They do a shabby job most of the time even if they attempt to do it. Just recently I had had to get a WA / WB done very next day after it was done on on my wifes Hyundai car because it was not done right . Now I am not an expert at reading the numbers they gave in the report but it just did not feel right and I had to get it fixed outside at my cost.

The trick is that any job that is doable outside the authorised service centre and it does not compromise the warranty should not be done by authorised people if possible.

I do not know about other cities, but here in Mumbai there are Hyundai authorised Workshops . These are not owned and operated by dealers. They are much smaller then the Dealer garages and the bills there are usually much less.
Only drawback to this is that they cannot replace parts under warranty, but will give you a report that part x needs to be changed under warranty and that job can then be taken up by dealer garage.

I know because my Hyundai cars have been going there instead of the dealers place. It saves money and keeps warranty intact . If any parts need to be changed under warranty you can always go the Dealer Garage and insist they change that part which the Authorised workshop found faulty.

To give an example we have an i10 Automatic that is a little over 6 years old, kept in top shape and serviced with Hyundai every 6 months. It has undergone routine repairs and the usual pad changes/ lube and minor electric part changes here and there. Over 6 years I have spent about 41000 for its service an upkeep averaging to about Rs 6800 yearly. Had I been going to Dealer garages this would be much higher.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 08:47   #51
BHPian

Shame on you Hyundai Service , what on earth do your billing and service guys think at Authorized Service Centers... This should be on all whatsapp groups too, let the guys know that we have such ridiculous set of so called pros in service industry.
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 11:34   #52
rbp
BHPian

The best way to avoid being cheated is to stay at the service center and monitor the service being done. I drop my i20 diesel at Advaith Rajajinagar, I always make sure that I am around when my car is being worked on, at least I have peace of mind that actual service is being done. Book an appointment the previous day, if possible wash your car and take it to the service center, be there at 8:30 sharp, so that your car goes quickly on the ramp and as soon as the car goes on the ramp, start a healthy conversation with the guy servicing the car and get things done to your satisfaction, that's all and your car should be fine.
rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 12:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by afunnynut View Post
Was charged Rs.8000/- for the paid service and nothing was done apart from a wash. Had started giving my vehicle to local service guys who did a better job than any Trident service center. Mine was a Santro though.
Plus one to that. The day Hyundai charged me 15K for a regular service with 8K as labor charges was the last time I went to the ASC. Now, I get my regular service done from an FNG mentioned in Team-BHP directories and they charge me Rs. 250 for as labor charges. My service history would get affected no doubt but I plan to keep my car around for a long time (already been 6 years).
RocketRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 20:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
Thanks a lot everyone for the responses and the support.
Hey, did you get a closure on this yet from Hyundai/Dealership?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 23:21   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
27th Oct 2015:
How do customers who give their car to an authorized service centre, confirm that the jobs which they have been charged for have been done?
I always get my car serviced at authorized serviced stations that allow me to enter the workshop and watch the technicians doing all the work in my presence. I get the servicing done on days that I am off from work, and I book time with the ASS a few days before. I make sure that I am among the first three customers for servicing that day, and I let the service advisor know that I will get the servicing done at his workshop on the condition that I be allowed to stand at the work station and watch. The only thing I don't watch is the washing of the car.

I guess I have to do this if I love my car and value my peace of mind.
car_da_mum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 11:25   #56
BHPian

I had received a call from Rajesh, business head of Trident service, and he had asked me to come meet him in the same service center. I mentioned that I would meet him the next morning, and that Kushal and Girish should be made present.

I'm not very sure what triggered the meeting, if it was this post or the complaint to Hyundai. He was aware of this post on team-bhp.
Long story short, after going through all the details he agreed that there has been a lot of errors in my particular case. As a good will gesture he has promised that the service center would perform all the jobs which were performed on 26/10/2015 as well as a 3M surface refinement and this would be done by the same service centre at any day with no charges on me. Immediately as I agreed, I was asked to sign on a satisfaction form as part of protocol. I declined mentioning that I would only sign after I get in writing/mail that all this would be done. He also mentioned that since he has identified the gaps in the process because of this apparently isolated case, he would be taking corrective actions, such that other customers donít have to go through the same ordeal as I had to go through.

I did receive a mail from Rajesh, which has the accounts and the service manager Girish marked. Since that mail was too vague, I have specifically listed all the jobs which had been performed that day in a reply and asked him to confirm on that. This list also includes fixing the hard gear shifts and installing the front LH wheel cap which was missing from their service centre.
I would only be responding with the satisfaction form after I get a reply on that. If they do respond, I think that itís a fair action from Trident, since they have accepted their fault, agreed to re-perform all the jobs.
If I do get a reply from Trident on this matter, I would as a lot of members have suggested, stay with the mechanic as all the jobs are performed.
Learnings:
ē The repair orders which we sign on should have the specific issue which we have in mind, rather than what the service attendant considers as a fix. For eg, when I mentioned about the steering wobbling, Kushal had written WA/WB, when I mentioned about the hard gear shifts, Kushal said that the standard 60k service check would fix that. In this specific case, the mechanic was not even aware of the hard gear shifts.
ē Every minute detail in the bill should be questioned.
ē I donít know how many service centres would allow this, but the customer should be with the car as all the jobs are performed.

I donít think this is an isolated incident, but as customers we should be very aware about how ASS are capable of making easy profit if we donít question. If we as customers are strict, this will ensure that ASS will not take advantage of us.

@Rajesh K, who escalated this issue to Hyundai in Twitter, I donít want to drag this more, if I do get the expected response from Trident. Thanks a lot for the help.

I'm sorry for the late response, I had been travelling this weekend, and didn't have the time to update this post.

I'll update as I get a mail response from Trident. I only plan to give the vehicle next month to Trident, for them to perform the promised jobs. I hope they do follow their word.
micraft is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 16:03   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
Really shocking piece of news.

I bought my Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX Petrol after screening out the City, Rapid and the Linea. The main reason for choosing Hyundai was that after Maruti, they have the largest presence pan India.

Made more sense for me since being in the Forces, I get posted to far flung areas where it's impossible to find any network other than Maruti and Hyundai.

I did experience a lackadaisical attitude when I went for my first free servicing in Deora Hyundai, Jodhpur. The service rep had really shallow knowledge about the Vehicle and was fumbling at any question thrown to him.

I hope Hyundai India is reading this and takes corrective action before it's too late.
Hi,

As most of them pointed out about the Hyundaiís service centre billing issues, I would like to add one more things to it. I think its not only Hyundai but other brands (including Maruti) do the same practice. If not all the service station, many of them would like some quick bucks as the sales outlet probably are doing business on a thinner margins hence ASS becomes a place to earn. I would request all the car users and as many prompted in this section that either do the service in front of you or do it outside. Imagine what these guys must be doing with the first year free servicing that we get. Wonít be even opening the bonnet, probably. Jago Grahak Jago!!
akshaysawant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 09:13   #58
BHPian

It is not just Trident Hyundai ASS that is fleecing the customers. Even the Trident Chevrolet at Kalyan Nagar slapped a big charge on me. I know nothing about cars and paid off the Rs. 25000 bill for servicing.

The only weakness they have is the fear of publicity. How can we setup a way to shame them when they charge us big bills for which they do not do anything?
mkuruvil is offline   Reply With Quote