Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 24th February 2016, 12:59   #16
BHPian

Default re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The name is a bit odd, but I honestly don't mind if these fellows can fix the sales and service for Skoda here. Let's see how it goes.
They are the same folks who own Rajasree Motors (Mercedes Benz). Their Isuzu showroom in Vytilla also shares this name if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't heard too many bad things about after-sales support from Rajasree, so hopefully these guys can sort out the Skoda after-sales issues as well, particularly considering that Skoda have some nice cars in the market at the moment, i.e, Octavia and Superb.
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 20:27   #17
BHPian

Default re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Manikantan was the Tata dealer when we had the Sierra back in the mid 90s.

The service is going to be at the same place and will start only in April it seems. The showroom looks a little small to include the service facility too. Better than nothing I guess.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 23:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
They are the same folks who own Rajasree Motors (Mercedes Benz).
Yes, joethomas and I were discussing that on page 1. Manikandan group owns Rajasree Motors. Apparently, the owners name is Manikandan.

Never noticed the name of the Isuzu dealer. I only spot the lovely D-Max trucks parked in front. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The service is going to be at the same place and will start only in April it seems. The showroom looks a little small to include the service facility too. Better than nothing I guess.
Is this a temporary thing? I heard the service centre will be somewhere near Palarivattom.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 11:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Is this a temporary thing? I heard the service centre will be somewhere near Palarivattom.

A Marikar staff mentioned that the service is going to be at the same place. If true I hope it is a temporary setup.

Without service, Manikantan will have a tough time selling any cars so the service should be here soon.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 12:13   #20
BHPian

Funnily, when I visited Marikar A$$ at Kochi in end Dec, they gave me no hint of the shutdown. In fact I was impressed with the diligent work being put in by some of the technicians.
The flame burning bright before shutdown I suppose.

Skoda is not doing its brand justice by a strategy of tedious procedures, snooty staff and sky high pricing of spares. They wont even change a wiper blade without 'admitting ' the vehicle which is a process that the govt babus would be proud of.
fiestarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 16:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Manikandan Automotive is running an authorised Maruti Service Centre and they were also carrying out the PDI service for the first TATA Car, the Estate. They had a spare parts shop too at Ravipuram in Kochi. They are also dealers for Suzuki Two Wheelers.

Anyway being a professionally managed group, they would be able to uplift the sagging image of Skoda servicing to a certain extent.

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th March 2016 at 16:10.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 14:04   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Got a call from Manikantan Skoda yesterday informing about the new dealership and the new Superb that's on display. They wanted feedback about Marikar too.

The service centre will open by the middle of next month, right next to Oberon Mall.
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:52   #23
BHPian

The Manikandan Skoda service centre is finally open but they do only periodic service. Even minor repairs are not undertaken. That'll take another couple of months. I guess it is some temporary setup now.

Also spares availability is "really really limited" according to the CRM.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:29   #24
BHPian

Manikandan Skoda Service is finally fully operational in Kochi. They moved to a dedicated location near Changampuzha park. The temporary facility they had for the time being was shared with Isuzu.
Google Maps Location