Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 2nd April 2016, 10:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Agree. Looks like a forced submission. Guess we will never know the real details.

He has mentioned that he 'Hopes to enjoy his SCross', which indicates that he has taken his original car back. If I am not wrong he was fighting against that very situation.
When he could be transparent in putting up pictures of scratched keys, odometer reading, etc etc, why can't he be the same guy to let the world know the resolution that he went through and reasons for acceptance suddenly out of the blue.

Is it a genuine resolution by Pasco or did this guy give up after receiving some threat calls etc. All we can do is speculate. Many thoughts are scrolling in my mind but at the end of the day, I am clueless.

Poor S-Cross is being taken for a ride in all this menace.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
They made a mistake, but helped the customer and its only right to post the outcome.
I agree but sad to have ends not meeting IMO. When there is a negative issue, all fine details are published. But when there is a resolution, it suddenly becomes confidential! Rules change pretty quick!

It is the wish of the owner to disclose or not but I honestly feel it is not fair to use the word "confidential" and bury the case and be like nothing has happened at all.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd April 2016 at 10:49.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

Typical "Forced" solution

C'mon, we aren't kids to believe in the solution. As evident in the post, the customer has been forced to take back his S Cross, his complaint and anything else.
Whether he was offered any freebies like extended warranty or accessories or better insurance or monetary compensation, if at all, will never be disclosed.

The post clearly is to "un-defame" Pasco Motors and Maruti.

Considering this is a sticky situation in Gurgaon, I am sure that the "bhaiyaa-jis" out there made the customer retract and make a sweet rosy post.

Unless the compensation or solution is made public, Pasco motors and Nexa are places that should be avoided like plague.

Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:22   #48
BHPian

Let's not be quick in judging this here. The guy was in real trouble with getting scary calls and decent amount of money on stake. Whether the car has been replaced or not, I'd be inclined to believe that he got what he wanted.
I would also wager that Pasco and MSIL would've asked him to put up such 'goody' posts in lieu of the satisfactory resolution. After all It's nexa's reputation on stake across social networks and here on team-bhp.

Nevertheless, If I was someone who could take a call on this in MSIL, I would've been completely transparent and proactive in issuing a clarification with resolution provided to the aggrieved. Makes sense to restore the confidence or win back whatever is left. Confidentiality in such matters often plays against the intended damage control. Accepting mistakes and correcting them gives more confidence than brushing them under the carpet.
1lokesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:50   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

If there is an agreement reached, not surprised that Pasco and Maruti want to keep the terms confidential. Setting precedents can always come back to hit them. Assume that the person here has got a monetary compensation or best case has had the car replaced or at least has all the repairs done completely free, if the exact details are made public, the companies can be hit by a lot of frivolous claims from people out there who want similar compensation and treatment.

I am no lawyer, but have heard that when cases go to court, a previous precedent is always a strong argument point that can tilt the balance in the complainants favor.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:17   #50
BHPian

Its really sad to see a innocent customer being fleeced and then being threatened to accept, personally i feel this just highlights the poor state of affairs and the "do what you can attitude from dealers".

Just like others the positive note put up by the op seems to be too good to be accepted,rather feels more like he was really forced to do so.

Alas we would never know what actually happened and transpired between them,in reality the same should have been shared, if the problem can be then so should be the solution and how it took place for others sake.

Nexa do-sent seem to inspire me after reading all this and trust me inspite of knowing my maruti dealer inside out i would not trust their word fr anything in this world, the only choice to safeguard your money is Check and recheck and pay only when your satisfied.

On my last visit to see the celerio i checked the car including putting it up on a ramp.I am also against the idea of using new cars for test drives, i refused the same couple of times as i feel its unethical to do something like that.

I hope the facts are put up for everyone to know the truth.
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:29   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

These days, social media is a sword for customers to take ON the dealers/manufacturers. And we as an auto-enthusiast support them through these kind of threads or by sharing their facebook updates. But, at the end of the day, it is the customer who has to go through the fight alone and at some point they will have to compromise with the dealer/manufacturer if they agree to resolve the issue. And that is what I understand through his(Amit Gundh) latest facebook update. Now, if he is very transparent and refuses to keep the final settlement confidential, then it will be a never ending fight for him with the dealer/Manufacturer. In the past too, we have seen this in several cases where the final settlement was kept confidential. This is not the first one.

Good part on Maruti to step in and resolve this issue.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 16:10   #52
BHPian

Really sad to hear this terrible NEXA experience. Feeling sorry for the mental ordeal the affected person is going through.

Hope Maruti / Suzuki step in at the earliest and provide a satisfactory solution to this obvious case of fraud.

This also reminds me of a recent experience me and a friend had with Kairali Ford in Trivandrum. My friend had booked a new figo with them. They said most cars are delivered from factory at their Cochin dealership and very few get shipped to Trivandrum from the factory and hence they will bring his car from cochin via road. Initially, my friend agreed to this. Later after reading through so many similar T-BHP threads of dealers abusing new cars before delivery, we decided to see the car in person before we settled the payment. The car had 250 plus kms on odo. Obviously, it is expected as it is driven from Cochin. The sales guys did try to convince us that the cars get driven to trivandrum by the most experienced drivers available in Kerala and that they never cross 60 kmph on the speedo etc. Somehow, we did not want to ignore the 250 plus kms on the odo and cancelled the booking. We had to follow up several times with the dealer and had to involve Ford to get the booking amount refunded. Later he bought his car from Harry Ford, the new dealership in Trivandrum.

Should thank Team BHP for all the information it provides for us.

It is always safe to get the VIN number of the car allotted to you from the dealer and verify it for the actual manufacturing date. Then check the car in person before making full payment. This will save you from unnecessary ordeals and mental stress.

But not every buyer is going to be vigilant and most believe the dealership and brand blindly. Clear case of fraud here. Shame on NEXA and Maruti.
hardoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 01:39   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Really sad to hear this terrible NEXA experience. Feeling sorry for the mental ordeal the affected person is going through.

Hope Maruti / Suzuki step in at the earliest and provide a satisfactory solution to this obvious case of fraud.
This issue is already resolved. Please check the below post for more details: link

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2016 at 17:30. Reason: Making link clickable...
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 04:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree but sad to have ends not meeting IMO. When there is a negative issue, all fine details are published. But when there is a resolution, it suddenly becomes confidential! Rules change pretty quick!

It is the wish of the owner to disclose or not but I honestly feel it is not fair to use the word "confidential" and bury the case and be like nothing has happened at all.
This isn't the first time this happened. In fact this has become the norm. Bomb social media when there's a problem, let enough publicity to get the concerned people's attention, cut a deal, smile for camera and case closed. And of course the joke is on all those who posted supporting this person's case.

How about having a disclosure by such arm twisters in their opening post that, "Please note that I may not actually come clean on the fine print of the positive outcome because it's breach of any confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement I may have to sign"?

From whatever we can understand, I'm glad stupidity wasn't rewarded with a new car.
kiku007 is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 06:41   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

I dont think there is anything wrong from the dealer or maruti to ask for a post about fixing the issue. They made a mistake, but helped the customer and its only right to post the outcome.
Made a mistake? They defrauded the customer sir by deliberate actions (delivery at night etc) to make it tougher to realize that the car has already been used. Let's not get confused or too generous in our interpretation - a car does not get driven 322km by mistake, esp when its delivered by a flatbed truck.

This sounds like Maruti has been of no hope and Pasco has forced / bribed the customer into silence. To hell with Nexa as far as I'm concerned. I can't be bothered in dealing with such scum.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 08:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
From whatever we can understand, I'm glad stupidity wasn't rewarded with a new car.
Another example of inverted logic where scammers are smart and people who get swindled are stupid. "Oh yes, the guy was asking for it".

On topic, I think if the guy gets a deal due to social media pressure, I think it's fine. Due to weak consumer protection laws and even weaker enforcement, I think a new car buyer is disadvantaged, like a flat buyer ( or even an insurance buyer was, before IRDA).
It's an uneven battle and not everyone can go all the way (like Waseem). So, if Amit found a palatable offer (still doubtful) and is forced for confidentiality, we should not be too bothered.
atnyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 08:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Another example of inverted logic where scammers are smart and people who get swindled are stupid. "Oh yes, the guy was asking for it".
Wait a minute. Swindled? Pardon me, but this isn't a case where someone transferred money online without the Account holder's knowledge/permission.

The guy certainly put himself in the most vulnerable position in the way the car delivery was done. There were warning signs all over.

Just call a spade a spade.
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 08:35   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

People know how to use social media, but never get around to thank it.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 11:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

Strange. Although I spoke with him on the phone too to ask him what was actually the issue with the car, what I find utterly surprising is he 'recommending' the right person at PASCO to someone when they wish to buy the car.

If I had gone through this, I would never recommend a place like this to anyone EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER (Arnab Style)
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 11:26   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Maruti was the last manufacturer from whom I expected this. I had a lot of faith and trust in Maruti and their customer care. Now, I am skeptical!
Thanks for sharing.
Remember Maruti is an ex-PSU, the mindset dies hard.

Sorry, to say this, remember RC Bhargava is a former IAS. Different no doubt since he is a teatotaler and strict vegetarian, and as a result in UP was often called Kaddu Bhargava for his habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Wow. This takes the NEXA "premium" experience to an all new level! As if all the bad experiences of BHPians were not enough, this one takes the cake This further reinforces the belief that NEXA is just a sham. They are nothing different than regular dealers operating under a different banner, equally unethical & equally willing to cheat unsuspecting customers.

The 322 kms should have set the buyer's alarm bells ringing, though.
I know for sure that Maruti gave/offered a Nexa franchise each to their existing dealers. I think they did ask for separate sales staff. Service is at the same facility.

Yes, the buyer should have queried the 322km!

Last edited by sgiitk : 7th April 2016 at 11:27.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote