Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 2 9.09%
Neutral 6 27.27%
Negative 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th November 2017, 11:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Reading the owners selling experiences on this thread, I realized that the feeling is mixed, rather negative as seen on the poll results. One thing which constantly pesters me is the actual transfer of the RC and the Insurance ownership. I have never been a fan of selling a car to dealers as I myself have sold 2 cars to known acquaintances which made the transfer process assured and smooth.

Submitting the Form 29,30, delivery note & Insurance paper is one thing but handing over original RC is what troubles me. It is a known fact that unless the ownership transfer happens, the responsibility of the car still lies with the original owner. Same goes to the Insurance also. Having that liability over one self till the website or used car dealer finds an owner for the car is one thing I cannot live with. There have been numerous instances where the cars have been known to indulge in illegal activities when the ownership transfer is pending and original owners have been questioned regarding the same.

So a question to all BHPians who sold their car on the websites/used car dealers, how does one ensure the liability is dealt with?

Mods: If this topic is irrelevant to the thread subject, please feel free to move to an appropriate thread or delete the post.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 13:00   #77

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Cars will be held by cars24.com until the buyer completes RTO transfer formalities and pays them. So, NK gave me some reassurance that in the period of time that a dealer holds a car still technically registered to me but being used by the dealer, has reduced risk. Not sure how this works.
It will be interesting to know what are the legal implications during the time interval when the car having been sold off but RC still in the name of the seller and the car meets with an accident. How is the seller protected here?
skchettry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 13:22   #78
BHPian

Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
It will be interesting to know what are the legal implications during the time interval when the car having been sold off but RC still in the name of the seller and the car meets with an accident. How is the seller protected here?
I got a signed and stamped document that the car has been handed over to cars24
ashishy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote