Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th October 2016, 14:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like Ford has woken up and likely to give some solution.

Name:  ForumRunner_20161014_141730.png
Views: 677
Size:  289.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20161014_141737.png
Views: 681
Size:  89.3 KB

Can't see any reply from Harish though on FB. Yet to find the credibility and current status of the issue. Have contacted Harish myself.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th October 2016 at 14:21.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 14:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Lakshmi Ford (Guntur) damages customer's EcoSport

As far as I can see that was offered even earlier - so no change in Ford's stand so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I read on FB post comments section, Ford has already offer Option 1 without total maintenance plan for 2 yrs.

Pushing for a new car is plain ridiculous and the kind of comments on the FB post are very aggressive. People have completely forgotten the word "reasonable".
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 15:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
My point is simple i.e When we handover the car to anyone in our circle be it friends, family,colleagues,driver etc, we have considered the risk element and taken the same. If anyone had damaged the car, we would have at most asked them to get it repaired at their cost and not asked for a new car. In a similar way, we have handed the car to the dealer despite knowing very well that there is a risk associated with it.
I would agree with almost all options except for a brand new car.
What sort of a logic is that? Handing over the car to your friends and relatives is not equal to handing it over to a service station!

You have a *choice* in the former case, it's voluntary. If you fear for the car, you can refuse. It's not that you have to hand the car over to them every 6 months or 10,000 kms (whichever is earlier)! BUT when a check engine light comes on while you are driving across states, what other option do you have except giving it to a service center? Drive it back as is 200kms to your home? Sit in the car 24x7 for the duration it is with the service center? Service centers are supposed to fix cars, not break them. With Ford, this seems to be happening with alarming frequency. Unfortunate, unlucky, co-incidence, whatever it might be, the parent company just cannot wash their hands off it. Demanding a brand new car isn't totally unjustified.

There will always be folks who will echo the voice of reason, until someday this happens to their brand new car. There are things we don't understand until it hits us.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 15th October 2016 at 15:10. Reason: typo
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 15:54   #34
BHPian

It's understandable that we feel that it's the dealership fault. But EoD it's an accident, on a public road (the dealer wasn't in full control of the environment).

Put yourself in the dealers place. You employ an experienced driver with a driving license for, say, 15,000/month, in good faith expecting him to bring in cars for routine servicing. There's not much more can you do to keep things in control.

IMO My proposal (to be fair to both parties) will be as follows :

Step 1
The since owner has B2B insurance anyway, he should claim insurance & sell the car after repairs.

Step 2
The dealer should understand the heartburn & shouldn't stonewall the customer (& definitely shouldn't threaten to charge for parking). He should understand that EoD the moral liability is to compensate the customer (by cash) for 90% of the reduced resale value due to the accident and maybe also for the NCB lost. (Infact, instead of bearing the full cost of repairing, this'll probably cost 50% of that).

Ford Motors should broker this deal, and ensure that the dealer doesn't shortchange the customer for the compensation. (Afterall a 4 month old 3000km car is BRAND NEW, so the compensation should almost be enough for the customer to buy a new Ecosport.)

Car companies and dealers better change their policy, else victimised customers may, quite really, crash the dealers test drive cars. The risk itself will cost dealers more on service center insurance.

As for consumers, we realistically can't get justice in India, we'll need to bear a very small amount of loss at times, to live a peaceful life.

Just my 2
GrammarNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 21:36   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Put yourself in the dealers place. You employ an experienced driver with a driving license for, say, 15,000/month, in good faith expecting him to bring in cars for routine servicing. There's not much more can you do to keep things in control.
Are you sure a good, trained driver was driving this EcoSport? I am not saying otherwise, but I am going to put the entire blame on the driver employed by the dealership. It is their mistake, period.

The day dealers and manufacturers read posts like this, they are going to make life difficult for us by employing further nincompoops to handle the cars & get behind its wheel.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 15:04   #36
BHPian

Read a comment yesterday by the owner on fb that FORD has deployed SEO's (search engine optimization) to spam his comments section and humiliate those supporting him.

Didn't expect ford India to stoop down to such low level. I don't understand what will ford gain from such malpractices. IMHO it will only damage their reputation further.

And with nearly 60k shares on fb I wonder how much of damage this incident would have done to ford's reputation which would have been avoided had they handled the situation well.
auto_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 20:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Didn't expect ford India to stoop down to such low level. I don't understand what will ford gain from such malpractices. IMHO it will only damage their reputation further.
Well, why not?

Skoda wanted to "instigate" all forum members not so long ago.
Ill advised management and misplaced priorities of the manufacturer are enough to do all this circus rather than sitting down with the customer and sorting it out once and for all.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote