Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 8th November 2016, 16:48   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Smoke & oil from tailpipe after Nexa showroom test-drives my Verna

Quote:
But a word is a word and I can not in that case disclose figures.
I don't think anyone will be interested in knowing the value of your car, most of the guys are keen to know how did you settle. Did they give you some Discounts ( no need to mention value) on the New Car or an early delivery or else how did they reimburse this loss which was so much for you in beginning?

I am sure Nexa dealerships across countries have heard this by now and won't venture Test driving a customer car on their own.

You write very well, should continue posting here particularly about your new ride when you get one. That way everyone will think that they supported a fellow member and not an outsider who came here only to show the power of this forum to Nexa guys.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th November 2016 at 17:03.
Turbanator is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 17:53   #122
BHPian

You may chose to ignore the fact that what ever settlement you may have reached, would not have been possible without this forum, and honestly speaking, you do owe this forum at least some simple explanation. Nope, I am not talking about the money/deal involved, I am talking about the core issue here:

- How did you reach to the conclusion about who would take the blame for failure of turbo and if the two of you(Nexa & You) decided to share the loss? On what ground was the extent of loss decided?

If you chose to share a bit more of what you already have, this might come in handy for others.

Congratulations for the new car!!
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 20:34   #123
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
It is reasonable to assume that the OP had not planned it this way - that somehow I will take the car with an already blown out turbo and trick the dealership into a good deal on a new car.

It is also reasonable to assume that - if my car is with someone else, I would want it back as it is. Any damage will make me angry. Add to it the flat refusal to take the blame by the other person, it will make me feel betrayed and cheated beyond limits.

At the end of the day, any "normal" customer will always expect

1). respect and a keen ear to listen to their grievance
2). A decent and speedy solution to be able to arrive at a compromise and move on

Not many of us have the bandwidth/knowledge/contacts/experience/courage/money to keep fighting till the end. There is nothing wrong in settling out for a compromise.
Thank YOU Sir! You have grasped the core issue at work here and have saved me another long-winding type-athon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good advice- every consumer needs to stand up for himself, that's for sure. What I'm really amazed about is the change in language and tone of your posts as this thread as progressed. From accusing the Nexa dealership of sabotaging your car to agreeing (enthusiastically it seems) to buying your next new car from them is quite a dramatic turn of events. The dealership management need to be congratulated on winning your heart and thence your business. It's Marketing 101 that it costs 6-7 times more to acquire a customer than it does to retain one. These guys know their basics.
Yes I was furious when the incident took place and took to social media within 24 hours, given the tepid response from the dealership. The incident took place on Wednesday evening, and I got a proper response only on Friday evening when the CEO of the dealership(s) called me and tried to reason it out.

The first thing he did was speak to me extremely courteously, and having come from the service industry, having been at the receiving end of customer anger, I could not remain livid. Yes I was still angry at what happened, but given that the gentleman took all responsibility for the incident by the end of our telecon (+100 for customer handling to him obviously), and offering me three workable solutions as per him, it'd be rather daft on my part to keep raging rather than look for a way out of the unnecessary trouble I had landed into.

Honestly, I took the easier way out (as explained in the earlier posts) in addition to staying as positive under the circumstance as I could have possibly been.

Once someone has said sorry, tried to figure out a way out and has been nothing but courteous over the phone and in person, I'd find it incredibly hard to stay "Hulk SMASH".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did they give you some Discounts ( no need to mention value) on the New Car or an early delivery or else how did they reimburse this loss which was so much for you in beginning?

You write very well, should continue posting here particularly about your new ride when you get one. That way everyone will think that they supported a fellow member and not an outsider who came here only to show the power of this forum to Nexa guys.
No discounts Sir, but yes, the person in question did promise a quick delivery, given that I'd be living in Gurgaon minus a vehicle at my disposal. Gurgaon is horrible minus a vehicle. ESPECIALLY once you're used to one.

As promised in an earlier post, I am absolutely committed to this community and will keep plugging in my bits and parts. I really am honoured to have your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
You may chose to ignore the fact that what ever settlement you may have reached, would not have been possible without this forum, and honestly speaking, you do owe this forum at least some simple explanation. Nope, I am not talking about the money/deal involved, I am talking about the core issue here:

- How did you reach to the conclusion about who would take the blame for failure of turbo and if the two of you(Nexa & You) decided to share the loss? On what ground was the extent of loss decided?
I think I laid this out in an earlier post. However. Here goes (and I am going to indulge in ultra precis writing here):

Le Mr. CEO > We can figure what the problem is with your car and then shoulder a portion of the costs OR You can sell your car here for X amount OR You can (and I'd prefer this) become our customer. "There is nothing I would love more."

Le Me > *Thinking*

Le Mr. CEO > Also, the car has run the miles it has, in my opinion you might not get the same drivability from the vehicle as you're used to, cuz it's like open heart surgery for a really old person. More chances of complications than otherwise.

Le Me > Cool. Lemme get back?

*discussed deal offered with my friend, who is one of the leading motor oil distributors in North India and has his own MASS*

Le Friend > Change X here, Y there and this is a decent deal.

Le me to Mr. CEO > *Parrot advice*

Le Mr. CEO > Can do X, cannot do Y. I assure you on my word that this is the BEST I can possibly do for you.

Le me > *By now having had shored up the finances, missed the gym for more than a week, and wanting to just get it over with* Okie Dokie. Spit & Shake?

*Shake happens*

We all live happily ever.. Err.. Team_BHP thread explodes into flames.

But REALLY guys, I am not even remotely saying the following in a lighter vein. Thank you! (A little less thank you for the non-supporters though). I could NOT have possibly managed to get out of this as quickly as I did without your inputs here.

Here's hoping this be the end of explanations!
himalyan_ice is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 16:31   #124
Senior - BHPian

..am sorry himalyan_ice, but this is one of the most unbelievable replies I've ever seen to a valid concern. I've been following this thread since inception and am glad your issues have been addressed and that you're now (Probably) a happy MS customer.

But as we say in Hindi.. "Usne bola kya". Hard to believe that a CEO of a dealership offering you 'X' amount without diagnosing what the problem is.. i.e. without recalling your car to inspect what went wrong.

Gadbad hai..

Last edited by noopster : 15th November 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Let's not get personal please!
panky12345 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 08:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

For me the key takeaway is that one should be really careful while handing over your car to 3rd parties no matter how "premium" the dealership might be.

Its definitely a bit "annoying" ( for the lack of a better word ) for many of us in the forum to read such threads where users "maybe washing dirty linen" to achieve their goal of getting "justice" from the relevant parties AND not coming back with full details of the "deal done".

But come to think of it --- most of us would do the same if we were "wronged". The positive spin here is that the forum has also achieved so much visibility and respect in the broader auto community.

I hope the OP takes the feedback on being a more regular contributor in the forum well but lets also be clear on one thing - I have seen many similar threads from "senior" and "distinguished" BHP-ians as well who have posted their issues with various car companies or dealers and have never come back and given clear details of what was the "actual deal" they got from those parties as a part of the resolution. So lets not single out the OP for his "lack of active participation" in the forum until now.

Last edited by narayan : 11th November 2016 at 08:15.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 16:32   #126
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Wink Re: Smoke & oil from tailpipe after Nexa showroom test-drives my Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
For me the key takeaway is that one should be really careful while handing over your car to 3rd parties no matter how "premium" the dealership might be.

Its definitely a bit "annoying" ( for the lack of a better word ) for many of us in the forum to read such threads where users "maybe washing dirty linen" to achieve their goal of getting "justice" from the relevant parties AND not coming back with full details of the "deal done".

But come to think of it --- most of us would do the same if we were "wronged". The positive spin here is that the forum has also achieved so much visibility and respect in the broader auto community.

I hope the OP takes the feedback on being a more regular contributor in the forum well but lets also be clear on one thing - I have seen many similar threads from "senior" and "distinguished" BHP-ians as well who have posted their issues with various car companies or dealers and have never come back and given clear details of what was the "actual deal" they got from those parties as a part of the resolution. So lets not single out the OP for his "lack of active participation" in the forum until now.
Thank you for this. I now realise that I should not have promised the dealership that I wouldn't discuss the transaction details. However, water under the bridge.

I have been posting a bit here and a bit there now. The latest being a big thanks on an ICE forum which debunked the "premium" services of an installer in Delhi. I think I saw Mr. Panky's vociferous protestations in favour of the installer on the same thread. Saved me a lot of money, that one!

I am planning a travel blog with the new car somewhere in December. Hopefully it pans out and I am able to wipe the fly-on-the-wall-n00b-who-stiffed-us-for-his-selfish-purpose slur off my account!

Last edited by noopster : 15th November 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
himalyan_ice is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote