Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 15th January 2016, 20:53   #16

Default Desecrating Toyota Service.

This was my fourth service for my Innova. I dropped my vehicle at Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura road.

They took whole day for servicing as I asked them for wheel rotation and balancing, remember they will not do it if you are not insisting them to do it even though Toyota recommends wheel rotation at 10K.

When I went to pick my vehicle in the evening, they asked me to sign and rate the service; again without inspecting the vehicle..? I asked them to show the vehicle before signing the paper.

I do not know whether I am emotionally attached to my vehicle. I found two dents and scratches on my vehicle exactly above rear wheel both sides. When I asked service adviser, he denied and team lead was not available for comment!! I asked service adviser to call the service manager.
The service manager’s comment was “sir it happened in washing area and they are casual labors!! and we cannot question them.”

But do you expect untrained casual labors working on your car making dents and scratches? Another shocking comment I heard from this service manager “sir this is very minor thing we will repair it, even head on collision happens in the workshop”.Question now is do you dare to leave your vehicle where head on collision happens and they will repair it?

After few days I have received a usual customer feedback call. I have mentioned the issue to them also. Followup call again from service adviser asking me to bring your vehicle for washing. I think it should be an 8th wonder if dents and scratches goes in body wash.
Again after few days another person asked me what the issue is as if he does not know anything. Toyota a Japanese company where process, documentation plays a big role, but see how their business partners spoiling reputation of their company.

Now big question in my mind, where should I service my Innova for next service due? Any suggestions welcome because I do not want to leave my vehicle where head on collision also happens as quoted by their service manager.
mnaik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 22:44   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Desecrating Toyota Service.

Hi mnaik,

Sorry to hear your experience at Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura road.

But, I have a quite opposite experience at the same service station. I had given my Corolla for a 60k service around 15 days back (last week of Dec 2015) and the service experience was satisfactory. Also, a week back I had left my Corolla again for airbag inflator replacement (based on a recall from Toyota) and also had to replace the rear brake disc and pads, again I had a good experience over there.

When I went to collect the vehicle, the service advisor came with me to the vehicle to show what has been done and to show the worn out parts (which was kept in the boot). This was done before the billing & sign off.

This was the first time I got Corolla serviced from Nandi Toyota (as I bought pre-owned Corolla couple of months back).

I knew one service advisor (through a person close to my dad), not sure if this made a difference to my experience with them. Will wait for what others have to say.

Regards,
KK

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2016 at 09:08. Reason: Typos
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 23:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnaik View Post
Now big question in my mind, where should I service my Innova for next service due? Any suggestions welcome because I do not want to leave my vehicle where head on collision also happens as quoted by their service manager.
Well, Toyota service is indeed getting worse by the day. However, what is totally unacceptable is the attitude and the reply of the service manager. Escalate the issue to TKML without delay and ensure you get a befitting response.

Further, why do you want to go to the ASC for regular services? Look out for a well known FNG and go there. Simple. Let me know if you need any pointers.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 23:58   #19
BHPian

Sh$t happens, important point is they should own up to the damage and repair it to the original condition. Many cars get dented, scratched, damaged during assembly and transportation as well. They are repainted, repaired, reworked, etc. You just don't see the stuff that happens at car plants.

Last edited by Theyota : 16th January 2016 at 00:12. Reason: a
Theyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 20:31   #20

Default Re: Bad experience with Nandi Toyota

If you look back to few years ago Toyota stopped producing Qualis and reason may be they do not want to tag taxi badge.

Now looks like accepting untrained labors at their dealership is a strategy to make some quick bucks by reducing service cost and which ultimately increase yellow board sales? Just like TATA dealers happy to sell Indicas rather than selling premium vehicles. I have experienced this few years ago when I zeroed down Manza (before choosing Innova) one of the premium vehicle TATAs want sell. When I visited their dealership twice, they never called me back to enquire. I think they are happy with Indicas sales and service. Is Toyota dealership following TATAs way?

But I appreciate Maruti’s way of thinking they wanted sell premium models in Nexa network. Also suggest Tata’s to set the same strategy to sell their new models like Zica because existing dealer’s will not promote sale of these cars.
mnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 10:12   #21
BHPian

Today's update.

I had to replace the drive belt on my 2006 Corolla which had many scratches on it. So took an appointment through the call center on Thursday for Saturday morning 9 AM appointment. I knew that the availability of part could be an issue, so before calling call center, I did call the service advisor I knew and he mentioned that they do not have stock of this and if I inform call center they will ensure the availability.

So while I was taking appointment I mentioned to call center person that stock of this part is not available at Kanakapura Road branch, and she immediately transferred the call to parts section of KPR branch to inform them to order the stock. Part section person assured that he was ordering the part and it will come on Friday, so that when I come on Saturday the part would be ready.

After this, call center people again called me to confirm on the appointment. I thought I have done enough to ensure the availability of part. Little did I knew I was wrong. I visited KPR branch at the right time ie 9 AM today and they said part has not arrived still and it will come by 3.30. I was quite furious and gave them a piece of my mind. Next is 1 call to the call center and 1 call to one more senior person I knew in the branch and they said they will get it in half hour from Hosur branch via Nice road.

Now am waiting for the part to arrive. Lesson learnt, in case of any part replacement, ensure that the part arrives in your branch and only co ordination with call center or part division will not help.

At last, sorry on the long post.

Regards, KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 20:51   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Bad experience with Nandi Toyota

My experience with Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate is not bad. Going there with my (pre-owned )Innova from last 2 years. Overall I am happy with the experience. Most of the times I have opted for EM60 service.

Some minor bitter experience

1. Once they have entered exit odo meter wrongly in the database(entered 93000km instead of 39000km). Even I didn't notice this in my invoice at the first place. After couple of months only realized this. Asked them to correct in Toyota's database. It took 2-3 weeks for them correct the details in Toyota's database.

2. Somebody stole my team-bhp key chain. When informed this to my SA while taking back the vehicle, he searched all the service bay, checked with some boys there and looked at CCTV details. But he couldn't trace it, then he told me he will pay for the same. Anyway spare key chain was there with me, just told him to be careful.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote