Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 7th November 2006, 23:46   #1
BHPian

Default Electra Hyundai - Old Mahabalipuram Road CHennai

Guys,
I am totally upset with Kun Hyundai kottivakkam. The last two service of my Santro was not upto mark and i was really disappointed yesterday when for small job they said leave the car and pick it in the evening.

I am thinking of changing the service station. How is Electra Hyundai located in OMR Perungudi?

The garage looked outdated...are they capable of handling new cars? Do they the comp for engine scan etc? Are they technically sound?

TIA
Ram
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 11:10   #2
BHPian

Folks,
Any input?

CHeers!
Old 8th November 2006, 11:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai overall is known for decent spares pricing and service and is next only to Maruti. But as far as Chennai is concerned, many guys have reported dissatisfaction with most service centres. My colleague has tried out most of the centres and is not happy (he had posted a thread similar to yours - wanting to know a good Hyundai service centre). Currently he is giving it for service at HM Plaza, but it is far from his place, is too crowded and you need prior appointments + you get back the car only a day or 2 later.

No idea about Electra though. Infact I did not know that one existed by that name. Looks like a nearer option for my friend.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 11:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

ELectra RULEZZZ!!!
I travel 23 kms to get my car serviced there.
Contact Krupesh there and he knows Team-BHP very well.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 11:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

So, Electra it is going to be for my friend's Accent.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 11:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have got the A/C fixed there for my non-ac Santro. They did a neat job!
They don't seem like authorised hyundai service centres. Other than that i have done all the services at Kun Kottivakkam. Didn't have much of problems. Electra repairs from Benz to Hyundai. I have seen couple of go-carts there. They have a paint shop. To me they seem like a garage with some good techies. They source original Hyundai spares too!
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 11:54   #7
BHPian

Madbullram, why dont you give a complaint to hyundai directly about the dealership's poor quality service? Just call this toll free number 1800114645. See if there is any change happening.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 12:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have heard very good feedback about Electra's work... I will be giving my esteem to Krupesh for service and other mod's in the near future....

btw, Farhan's (sideways) scorpio was prepared at Electra before the Raid De Himalaya and so are J.D. Madan's car's.... J.D's evo and Farhan's Lancer Mivec were also prepared and maintained at Electra....

So to summarise, Electra is not just your ordinary service center but also a good place to get your ride modded....

Talk to Krupesh and keep us informed....

All the best...
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 16:58   #9
BHPian

Wew...thanks folks...I will try Electra this time. Anyone has the number for Krupesh?

Kutlee: Atleast Hyundai website lists them as Authorised Service Station, check out the map..

Adarsh: Did that, they called once and i told them the feedback but thats it...nothing happened after that. My gear knob leather covering had to be changed which is a 10 mins job, for that they wanted me to leave the car for 1 day as the process of putting job card etc will take 1 hr bla bla...I said crap and drove away.
Old 8th November 2006, 17:03   #10
BHPian

Guys,

Electra is an authorised hyundai service centre. they have a total of 3 centres very close to each other.

I happen to know the owners - Kamlesh and Krupesh very well. They are too good with mods. And not expensive either.

But I give my hyundai's for regular servicing to HM Plaza as it is very close to my office. Having said that, if HM Plaza gives me a big fat quote for something, I go to Electra to have it sorted (at half the price sometimes).

They do a lot of modding. Kamlesh has been rallying and then racing for years now. JD's race esteems and fissme's were always prepped by Electra. They also do karts as Kamlesh's son is racing in the rotax series (seniors i think).

My lancer's turbocharger was installed by them. They have lately done a lot of half-cuts from malaysia and singapore.

Overall - an extremely knowledgeable bunch of guys.

SG
BikerSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 18:05   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
ELectra RULEZZZ!!!
Thanks to nitrous and an office colleague, i too am hooked to Electra. Very decent guys, who know what they are doing.

The address as below:

Electra automotive (Madras) Pvt ltd,
4/587 old Mahabalipuram road (Opp YMCA school)
Kottivakkam

Ph: 24925601 / 24925603.

Hope this helps

Cheers
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:58   #12
BHPian

Default query regarding Electra

Hi,

I have recently shifted to Chennai from Mysore. I need to service my Verna (which has done 29,000Kms now) for the basic oil change and also fix some minor issues. Would like your inputs on how good they are. Considering my car is still under warranty I hope I am under no obligation to service my car only with a dealer and can service at any HASC.
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote