Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 26th November 2006, 00:21   #1
Default Phoenix Hyundai, Mumbai: Share your experiences

Does any one have any experiences with Phoenix Hyundai at Mumbai?
I am not sure if they have other branches. But I am referring to the office located near Everad Nagar in Sion.

My experience is as below:
  • Sales pitch was good. But the salesperson I was dealing with quit at short notice. (I am used to this attrition, being in the IT industry).
  • Once I placed an order, found that I had to follow up multiple times. The sales persons would state that they would get back to me, but would never do.
  • Went personally over the weekend, but the senior salesperson looked at my dress get up and was more interested in talking to his colleague instead of me (when i was sitting right in front of him). The senior sales person was taken aback when I told him point blank that his behaviour was unprofessional.
  • The sales pitch was the delivery would take two weeks. But post order, the delivery date was difficult to be given. It required multiple attempts to get a specific date.
I am still awaiting the delivery of my car. I have been told it will take an additional week.

So my question to the team is:
- Have you interacted with Phoenix Hyundai? And if so, how has been your experience?

Mumbaikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mumbaikar : i'd say cancel your booking and get your hyundai from somewhere else. If you cancel your booking they will deduct some file charges (Rs 1000) and give u back ur downpayment. There are too many dealers in the market and this sorta attitude from the dealer is totally unacceptable.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 15:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mumbaikar ,

I have had a very bad experience with Phoenix. I called them for the Tuscon and they kept me on hold and transferred the call around for 3-4 minutes. And when it was finally picked up in the sales dept. , I heard the Sales Rep who was asked to attend to my call say - Tell him Im busy and mereko is kaam mein mat phasao !!

I disconnected - redialled and blasted the lady / receptionist who had asnwered me earlier. Within 5 minutes I get a call from the very Sales Rep who was shrugging off his responsibility , with stories and excuses as to why he said that !! I asked to ensure that the phone mic was blocked when he talks rubbish and asked him get lost.

I complained to Hyundai on the website and I guess as a result of that Phoenix again called me after 5 days apologising for the incident and asking me to give them one chance. Again I asked them to get lost.

So if there is any thing you feel negative , just walk away from Phoenix
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote