Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 11th October 2017, 13:49   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners

Remember how DSK Toyota created a mess of things, which resulted in massive waiting periods for service appointments? Related Thread (Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune).

Big thanks to Santosh Patil for sharing. New dealer 'Shaw Toyota' is coming up at the ICC Trade Tower, near JW Marriott on Senapati Bapat Road.

Am sure Shaw Toyota is also concurrently setting up a service center.

Santosh points out that Sourabh Shaw's LinkedIn profile states they got the dealership in August 2017 (days after DSK Toyota went bust) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sourabhshaw/. I appreciate Toyota's quick response; other lazier manufacturers would have taken a year to find a replacement.

Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners-img_20171011_104312.jpg

Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners-img_20171011_104214.jpg

Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners-img_20171011_104309.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 14:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners

If & when their service centre opens, this place is going to be SWAMPED with vehicles that are waiting for periodic servicing, not only from Pune but other towns in Western MH where DSK was the sole sales & service dealer. Sharayu Toyota in PCMC is just not able to cope alone.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 14:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Shaw Toyota (new dealership) coming up in Pune - Major relief for Toyota owners

I am in the process of purchasing an Altis VL AT for my Pune office from Sharayu Toyota. It is very evident that they are enjoying the monopoly, they are least interested in selling the car or offering discounts. Things were laid back from even the top management level that I was dealing with.I had to chase them for a week as there was only one car in stock, finally closed the deal yesterday with negligible discount.

I hope the new dealership helps straighten things out in the Pune market and great a better competitive environment .

Last edited by Sahil : 11th October 2017 at 14:05.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 22:06   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Remember how DSK Toyota created a mess of things, which resulted in massive waiting periods for service appointments? Related Thread (Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune).

The service centre is coming up in Wagholi to begin with. They may shift to an even bigger setup after a few months.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 09:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
New dealer 'Shaw Toyota' is coming up at the ICC Trade Tower, near JW Marriott on Senapati Bapat Road.
Definitely a good news but his building is notorious for one thing - most of the shops that open here don't last long and shut shop sooner or later. There are two ICC towers besides each other (ICC Tech and Trade) and I have had my office in both buildings for extended periods of time. I have seen numerous shops open and later close e.g. Sabyasachi, Volvo, Crossword, Ford etc.

For now, between the 2 towers we have JEEP (Tech Tower), MS, Force motors (unfortunately the number of sales guys in this showroom is always more than the customers) and now Toyota. Probably its the high rent and lower volume which has caused that. I hope Shaw also doesnt go through the same fate (seems unlikely because they have good volumes) unless they have too much volume and find the place smaller

Maruti Suzuki Mahalakshmi motors is setup in the same building. Their sales is here and the service center is else where, though not as far as Wagholi but pretty much in the vicinity. Hope Shaw is as good as DSK
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 17:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

One of the main reasons several of my acquaintances are repeat Toyota customers (one is on his third Innova , a Crysta this time) was because of the excellent after sales service offered by DSK Toyota. Hope Shaw is able to fill those shoes well.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 11:39   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Big thanks to Santosh Patil for sharing. New dealer 'Shaw Toyota' is coming up at the ICC Trade Tower, near JW Marriott on Senapati Bapat Road.
Thanks for this piece of information. Any idea who these Shaw(s) are? I mean, their exising business / profession ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Definitely a good news but his building is notorious for one thing - most of the shops that open here don't last long and shut shop sooner or later. There are two ICC towers besides each other (ICC Tech and Trade) and I have had my office in both buildings for extended periods of time. I have seen numerous shops open and later close e.g. Sabyasachi, Volvo, Crossword, Ford etc.
I too think that shop have not been successful because of high rent. Besides high rent, the other factors IMO are: Very busy road with no parking space, no service lane, the psychological pressure built on common consumer due to extra posh premises, abscence of general consumers' market on this road.

These other factors shall not deter Shaw Toyota's nature of business. They might have chosen this place because it is in the same area as that of DSK Toyota.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 14th October 2017 at 11:42.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 10:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this tip-off GTO and Santosh Patil.

All I will say is whoever comes in place of DSK-T has some pretty big shoes to step into when it comes to consistently Very Good/Excellent quality of service & customer satisfaction.

A workshop in Wagholi will be more convenient for owners based in East Pune & Pune Camp like myself.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Although the experience was nowhere as good as that from DSK, the Sharayu Bhosari service, once done, was fine so now I am set till August 2018.

Hopefully by then all will be restored; Sharayu is also said to be starting a new service facility at Tathawade.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 13:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Definitely a good news but his building is notorious for one thing - most of the shops that open here don't last long and shut shop sooner or later.
I have seen numerous shops open and later close e.g. Sabyasachi, Volvo, Crossword, Ford etc.

For now, between the 2 towers we have JEEP (Tech Tower), MS, Force motors (unfortunately the number of sales guys in this showroom is always more than the customers) and now Toyota.
Maruti Suzuki Mahalakshmi Motors too has shut shop here. A dealer for India's leading passenger car couldnt really hold up here, that too despite having huge volumes
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:09   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s a sorry state of affairs for Toyota in Pune. As mentioned earlier I booked an Altis VL AT at Sharayu after much hassles and follow ups. Now the payment has been done and car is in stock yet inspite of that delivery is delayed and their team is unresponsive. Finally I sent my driver and office staff personally to the dealership to get things sorted but much to their surprise people are completely clueless at the dealership and no one gives a damn about the customers. Apparently, there were several others in the same soup as us who were helpless coz the dealership is clueless about their deliveries. Almost 200 cars are parked on the street waiting to be serviced or delivered.

Toyota seriously needs to take control of matters. Sharayu is extremely incompetent.

Last edited by Sahil : 28th October 2017 at 09:11.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 09:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

I would be a little generous with Sharayu; they are just flooded suddenly with at least twice their capacity.

Toyota needs to get their finger out, I agree. Too slow to react. And they should now give attention to a MASS style model; limited sales outlets can work, but service needs a different approach if the volume segments are to be the market.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote