Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 7th November 2017, 11:13   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

This thread has certainly made some impact. Even today, I was asked if I had heard about the 'Maruti fake service' incident. And that too by a person who has no interest in automobiles and is not on TeamBHP. ROG_AK thank you for creating this thread and thank you TeamBHP Mods for supporting him and thank you all BHPians for pitching in. Whatever little impact this thread has had, it has made some difference. Even if it is only awareness, it's a small start to a loooong way to go for some of us to at least start getting some of our honest moneys' worth in this positively pathetic customer service environment/attitude that we see all around us. It's a start.

Last edited by am1m : 7th November 2017 at 11:15.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 22:03   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Visited Mandovi motors (Hennur Rd) on Sunday morning for a small work on my Swift.

Noticed a marked change in behavior of the staff..
..Saw a notice which said no photos and videos allowed in the service bay.

Also to note was , I was the only customer there who had come for some ad-hoc work.
Well that's good to hear. I'm sure the incident is still fresh in their minds, I just hope they don't slip back to being 'normal' as time goes by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
This thread has certainly made some impact. Even today, I was asked if I had heard about the 'Maruti fake service' incident. And that too by a person who has no interest in automobiles and is not on TeamBHP. ROG_AK thank you for creating this thread and thank you TeamBHP Mods for supporting him and thank you all BHPians for pitching in. Whatever little impact this thread has had, it has made some difference. Even if it is only awareness, it's a small start to a loooong way to go for some of us to at least start getting some of our honest moneys' worth in this positively pathetic customer service environment/attitude that we see all around us. It's a start.
It definitely created more awareness than I was expecting and hopefully things will change for the better. As you said, it's a small start.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 23:08   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The below video was posted by someone from Alapuzha, Kerala, where he alleges that the Wagon-R's battery was replaced with an old one by the NMC service center guys when the car was sent for servicing. (Narration by the owner is in Malayalam)
Looks like Maruti's famed after sales is going for a toss. But this is the reality everywhere, I think Maruti is unable to keep track of their enormous service network properly.

Many people including myself have never gone to the authorized service centers for obvious reason's. They are just not that different from your neighborhood garages these days.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 09:49   #439
BHPian

Thought the below news is relevant to this thread. Hyundai is awarded the India Customer Service Index Study (CSI)-Mass Market (2017) by J.D.Power.
A350XWB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2017, 23:44   #440
BHPian

Well, it looks like most of the dealers are on a spree to bring down the brand value of Maruti Suzuki. It's time for MSIL to step on the A pedal and start rigorous checks against the dealerships on the practices they are carrying out. In one of the reports I came across online, one of the customer had paid additional registration fee when purchased the vehicle. After reviewing the bill only she realized there to be a discrepancy and has taken a stand against the dealership. Finally consumer court is in favor of the customer and has asked the dealer to pay a compensation of Rs.1,00,000 - a slap on the face and a lesson that some deceiving dealers should be taught about.

Link: Rushlane
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 19:24   #441
BHPian

Took our Wagon R not for its 10,000 Km, / 1Year Service to Indus Motors, Trivandrum. I was in and out in 3 hours flat and stayed with the car throughout. Service was topnotch and all my points were attended to.

Saw two new additions after my last visit in May.

1. RF ID tag readers at the gate and the shop floor entrance. Older cars without the tag are given a temporary tag at the entrance. Now all the in and out movements of the car - inside the premises and inside the shop floor are logged electronically. Only the odometer reading is manually noted.

2. Found a new board. " Photography and Videography inside the premises is strictly prohibited.. Talk about shooting the messenger.
Ramon is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 23:56   #442

Angry Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Ohh Yeah ! Got time to read this incident in detail today. It is not shocking to me as I have seen these things with other customers and myself too. Many people do not report these incidents but it is being done everywhere in India.

Thanks a lot for bringing this in limelight.

I will also witness 3 incidents that happened with me.

1) I was planning to buy a car and went to Regent Maruti (Ghaziabad). I was checking swift dzire details and suddenly this agent comes up and says "Sir lets go for a test drive". I had already enquired for a test drive vehicle and they had told me that they do not have any(All booked and outside). But this guy to my surprise offered us a test drive in a non-test drive vehicle. I was wondering how that was possible but then as I came back after the test drive I found that the same vehicle was to be delivered to someone . Imagine test drive on a consumer vehicle which is to be delivered.

2) My driver side seat belt went kaput and my car was still under warranty which was about to get over in a month. I immediately called up the showroom from where I purchased the vehicle (Rohan Motors Ghaziabad). This guy says that he has the belt and it would cost 4.5k initially but when he got to know that my car is still under warranty he immediately refused for the availability. This guy later called me after 2 months knowing that by now the warranty might be over and the customer has to pay.
I had called up another service centre and verified the availability of the belt. Only after I landed up there and these guys changed the belt I told them that my car still had the warranty. After this the workshop manager met me and told that I should get the next and subsequent service done from their workshop instead of Rohan Motors so that they should also rip me off on service charges and labours.

3) On another note my car read ended another dzire and the bonnet, intercooler, radiator , hoses and bumper had to be changed. I got it done under the insurance and after the delivery I found that there was a whistle from the engine on turbo buildup. I got it checked from the service centre and they dismissed it saying it is not there. 2 weeks later I again took the vehicle to the service centre and bombarded the workshop manager for not addressing the issue. He immediately got this thing checked and it was found that they have not changed the intercooler while repairing the accidental claim while they had already got they money for this from the insurance agency.

Mod Note: No more than 2 smilies per post please

Last edited by ampere : 20th November 2017 at 07:16.
ankitsharma is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote