Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2017, 21:23   #301
BHPian

Re: Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Is this the famed Maruti customer satisfaction? Their next move will be rather interesting.
I am absolutely amazed at their audacity. You got cheated, your trust got broken and they are threatening you :-)

Between, I think at least Team BHP can come together in your fight. I mean what if we crowdfund your legal expenses. I am ready to pitch in with a small amount. Let this be an example for the companies. Let them know that they are not dealing with people whose only knowledge about cars is that they contain 4 wheels and a steering and will take you from point A to B.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 22:17   #302
BHPian

I appreciate the honesty of OP. Kudos for such boldness. He has uploaded the video. He either hadn't thought about the consequences or maybe such heights of reactions from the dealer, media and general public.

Seriously, no offence to anyone. Be it a BHPian or a non-BHPian, one has to understand that the only person who is undergoing tremendous stress and will continue to undergo until this is forgotten will be the OP, his family and his loved car. We already know he is electronically threatened with an email.

Most of us have shared comments that includes suggesting OP to not bend over with dealer, escalate to MSL, not to worry about the email, etc., I also read that the entire TBHP community is with the OP on this matter.

Please pardon my ignorance but I fail to understand this and by what arrangement the community will be with OP especially when each of us communicate here with a handle and by no way we are known to each other even when our intentions are honest. I just hope my message is not misunderstood.

Instead of just going around with same comments about the dealer and MSL, why not come up with a solution to end this?

All I am trying to put forth here is to join our hands together and draw workable solution to end this such that not only a TBHP member is benefited but the forum is also made to feel proud.I know twitter and facebook are already used.

Has anyone heard of www.change.org? I am sure many of you do. OP can start a petition and we all can contribute. We could even forward to our own family members, friends and colleagues. I hope this would take a different route from there.

Again, no offence to anyone here. Please accept my apologies if any of you have felt that way. Thank you for reading.

OP - I wish and pray you get out of this mess soon and be joyous with family and RS. Cheers!!
petrolhead_chn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 22:23   #303
BHPian

Hello Everyone !!

Thank you BHPian ROG AK and the Team-BHP community for bringing this to light. I wanted to say, at least you got the car wash.

A good friend of mine had asked me to give his car to the nearest Maruti Suzuki Dealership recently (about a month back). I had heard negative reviews of the workshop previously, but I was thinking it is just the second free service and what can go wrong.

Car: Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.2 Petrol Alpha
Workshop: Saketh Automobiles, Tumkur

The dealership has their own Nexa outlet too.

Coming to the service, it was the second free service which was to be carried out at around 5000kms. Since my friend had called me on short notice to get the car serviced, and I had not done my homework of reading the Team-BHP forums before giving the car in (you will get to know the mistake on my part later).

I reach the workshop at 9.00am sharp, A service advisor came, made the job card, and after seeing everything, he tells me that the final bill will be around Rs.600. I ask him how and he tells me that at 5000kms they have to change the Cabin air filter and the remaining amount is Windshield washer fluid (4 packets worth). I ask him about whether the Cabin air filter change is really necessary, and he tells me it is a part of second free service. (my mistake here for getting it changed too early, should have firmly said no.)Then he tells me that they have stopped washing cars due to the NGT ruling in Bangalore and that they too have started practicing this in Tumkur. He tells me that they do not have the waterless wash system yet and it will be implemented soon. He does push me for the usual Teflon coating, A/C disinfectant, Wheel alignment/balancing scams, but I did not budge. Since I had not done my homework before going out into the workshop, I was not aware of either the Cabin Air filter or car wash (or lack of). Anyways he tells me to collect the car at 11.30am.

I arrive at 11.45am and I am in for a rude shock. I found my friend's Baleno in a corner of the workshop sitting with another Baleno which had been dropped off its free service, and surprisingly they are washing cars with water. I search for the Service Advisor and I ask him about this, He tells me that the car washes which I am seeing there is done by the 3M people and not by the workshop. I take a look at the car and it is pretty obvious that they have not done much work other than topping off the windshield washer tank/reservoir with 2 packets of the solution and another 2 in the dashboard glove compartment. I do open to check whether the Cabin air filter has been changed or not, and luckily it has been. At this point, I understood there is no point waiting here (nor arguing). After about an hour, after me chasing the Service Advisor, he hands me over the bill and at this point, I told him "It's my friend's car, I cannot hand it over like this to him, he expects a clean car, at least vacuum the interior". (the car wasn't relatively all that dirty either, but still.)

As I left the workshop and handed over the car back to my friend later in the day, I told him the above of what had taken place and we both decided, that for the 3rd service and so on, we shall take a trip to Bangalore City to service the car.

I am not ranting about this experience, but I would just like everyone in the forum and anyone reading this to have an idea about the workshop. A quick spin around the workshop while I was waiting and it was pretty obvious that they have a H-U-G-E workload with cars coming in for regular services to clutch overhauls to tie-rod and driveshaft replacements (I am not sure whether they needed it though). Also, the 3M staff seemed to be more busy with their rotatory polishers and all, working on 2-3 cars at a time, depending on the work.

I don't wish to make an outcry of this event because it is pretty obvious, a new car will relatively not have many complaints which the car's owner would have missed, and some check-up items, maybe skipped but a simple car wash, done the right way; goes a long way.

Thank you for reading, and I know my experience is next to nothing when compared with BHPian ROG AK's (especially since he had complained about something which can be disastrous, if left unchecked); but if I had just written that "at least he got the car wash", it would not have made any sense, hence explained the story.
themonster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 23:15   #304
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
PS: As suggested by members, I have updated the video title and attaching a screenshot of the email they sent.
Hi ROG,
Can you upload the mail with sender details, expanded (view details button) ?

I have been servicing my car at Mandovi, Basaveshwaranagar; here the staffs were always helpful and insisted to get myself satisfied with all concerns before delivery. Once, the SA was on leave and he arrived just to deliver my car, himself.

In another instance, they voluntarily sent the car back to wash for a second time, in-spite of me, claiming that the cleaning was sufficient.

Your case is totally different and serves as an example for all who take general checkup lightly. A sea of differences exists between branches of the same management.

Now, Maruti has to play appropriately and ensure it doesn't go ugly anymore.
I can think of only one option with them, call up the customer, say thanks for highlighting the issue and it helped them to make itself better.
Old 18th October 2017, 23:53   #305
BHPian

Quote:
PS: As suggested by members, I have updated the video title and attaching a screenshot of the email they sent.
Hey buddy, don't get carried away with everything. Sit and ponder what exactly you want out of this.

I think enough damage has already been done to Maruti and Mandovi motors for their mistake and dragging it on and on will only expose you to a lot of scums from the other side.

The problem is not just with Mandovi or Maruti or with that service manager, it is with our entire society, with the government, with private organizations like Maruti, and with the citizens, we all have to take the blame for the problems that exist in India (No, I'm not a self-loathing Indian. I'm a proud Indian and I'm proud of my culture and my people and I love most things about india).

But, wherever we are in life, it's important to choose the fight which is worthy of our time, energy and peace. It's the practice I and my friends follow religiously even on small altercations, though we have more than enough ammunition to take on any big threat. As the damage has already been done and would serve as a severe punishment, I don't think this one warrants your time and energy anymore as nobody else is impacted as much as you in this entire episode.

Would suggest to close this amicably and move on.
CliffHanger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 00:05   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have been fortunate to have great folks in Surakshaa (Bommanahalli), Mandovi (JP Nagar) and RNS (Yeshwanthpur & Bommanahalli) when i had MUL vehicles. Yes there were one off minor issues but they were always willing to help and fix those immediately. This is one of the reason why i would rate Maruti high when it comes to after service experience. The very fact that so many people are following up and trying to reach out is only because it is Maruti.
Jaggu Sir - yes, I second you when it comes to after sales or service experience, it's been extremely high since 2013 with Suraksha for me, back from the time when I had Baleno and currently Brezza. They take such good care of the car or me when I drop in to their service center (touchwood). I recommended whoever is reading this thread to try Suraksha once as they are very professional when it comes to sales and service. Service is where everyone is bothered about and I rate Suraksha 10 on 10. Their after service feedback is a bit irritating as they keep calling you atleast once in 2 weeks for over a month to collect your view on the running of your car post the service. It's good one way, but irritating to keep answering and rating the experience all the time

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone, your support means allot. I guess there is no use in ruining my diwali over this. This should become even more viral after this!
They could have just let it go, everything was done and this would have died down in a few days but they wanted their reputation intact and stooped to such low levels to do it. Have lost the heart to drive my car after this.
ROG_AK - really appreciate the courage you've to bring this up on a wide forum like this buddy. Way to go!

My deepest sympathies for the issues you've gone through but never lose the heart to drive the car you have, my friend. This is pure human negligence and arrogance which machines wouldn't seriously be involved - LOSE THE HEART to the woman you love, you will gain a lot. Losing the heart to drive your car, will only bring you a lot of disappointment. Do not slip into that phase at all - Cheer up!

Gape the beauty of the car for a couple of minutes wrapped around in rose red and you will remember your first date - more than enough to rejuvenate the lost zeal in you, I believe!

If your lost enthusiasm or heart is purely because of dealer experience, try elsewhere, you have a lot around in the market for service such as Suraksha, RNS and few others that I cannot recall as of now. I'd suggest you stick around and everything will settle down with your car.

Quote:
Happy Diwali everyone! Till now I did not get the chance to discuss this with my parents or family. My parents are absolutely infuriated with how Mandovi has publicly defamed, degraded and questioned my integrity in the video comments.

I would also advise you to be cautious around as a safety precaution buddy. You know the world we live in, right?!

What the dealer is trying to do is just pure Damage Control - but the damage is already done is what they aren't realizing and still trying to prove on their own grounds.

Anyways, Happy Deepavali to you and your family. Keep revving on your RS!

PS:
I'm sure from now on, the seismic wave effect caused by this video will have serious eye for detail conducted by all the service centers to ensure to UNPLUG the DASHCAM's installed on any cars. May be an instruction that could have been given to eye for dashcams to be taken off whilst the work is carried out (LOL)

Last edited by gururajrv : 19th October 2017 at 00:09.
Old 19th October 2017, 00:08   #307
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I was following this thread for around first 4 to 5 pages. But now I read all the comments post that. Courtesy- Moneycontrol.com (The most visited site by me)
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...h-2413539.html

There is some serious traction that this thread is getting.
Seeing it in moneycontrol just blew me away.

I am sure now it will reach all the shareholders of Maruti Suzuki and probably the top management. It may happen that this post could affect the stock price.

AK , I think you might get email from India head,Mr. Bhargava.
Old 19th October 2017, 01:30   #308
BHPian

Video: Fake service done on my Baleno RS by Mandovi Motors!

Quote:
Happy Diwali everyone! Till now I did not get the chance to discuss this with my parents or family. My parents are absolutely infuriated with how Mandovi has publicly defamed, degraded and questioned my integrity in the video comments. Is this the famed Maruti customer satisfaction? Their next move will be rather interesting.
As for Maruti, they probably have a team of 'experts' scrutinising the video trying to save themselves.

Thanks for sharing the video. Your efforts to bring the true and correct facts to the limelight is commendable. There have been few posts advising you to amicably settle and move on. As a lawyer, I can recommend that an amicable settlement is advisable any day over a litigation. However, the stand of proceeding with an amicable settlement is to be considered in the factual background. In the facts and circumstances of the matter in my view it would not be advisable to take a back step at this stage otherwise it would only be portrayed by Mandovi that your posting of video was a publicity stunt without merits.

I suggest, to keep the records straight you must respond to each and every communication that you have received from Mandovi or if you receive from Maruti/ Suzuki in future giving the true and correct facts of what exactly transpired post return of your car. What transpired at the service centre is recorded and you need not prove anything beyond. There is scope for Mandovi to manipulate what transpired thereafter and that is what they are attempting to play on. The request to take back your car was one such attempt which they would have portrayed later that they sorted out all issues to your satisfaction and attribute fault to one service advisor.

Please keep a detailed narration with names/ designation of representatives of Mandovi and exact request made and gist of discussion that transpired. While responding to the latest emails of Mandovi it is advisable to respond strongly by calling upon them to specify the exact nature of alleged redressal done by them the very next day with strict proof. State that their stand is contrary to what the ground reality is and that the same is cooked up, based on an after thought in a desperate attempt to wriggle out of their defaults. Specify that their conduct is fraudulent and threats perpetrated are neither tenable in facts or in law. They are solely responsible and liable for fraud perpetrated on you, breach of trust, deficiency in services, amongst others and that you reserve your right to initiate appropriate legal action for holding out threats. Specify that the satisfaction note was coerced to be signed by their officials and that you dispute the same as the facts are something else.

Since the video is a true account of what transpired, there is no question of defamation as exposing truth is a basic defence of defamation. You as a responsible citizen have only brought to light the facts which are self-explanatory from the video. Right to privacy doesn't apply here. Mandovi cannot take advantage of their own wrong. Escalate the issue to Maruti and Suzuki calling upon them to give an explanation of the intimidating behaviour of Mandovi.

Initiate a consumer case for compensation and harassment against Mandovi and Maruti for deficiency in services and the correspondences from Mandovi will only help your cause. You don't need to engage a lawyer in consumer forum and can appear on your own. It should be a lesson for such unscrupulous service providers.

Please do let me know in case you need any help whether legal assistance or otherwise.

I am a loyal Maruti customer but this is a real eye opener and I have in the past escalated issues about Dealers/ Service Centers to Maruti which has been promptly addressed to my satisfaction. Hence, I am hopeful for a reasonable approach from Maruti at least.

A Very Happy Diwali to you and All Bhpians!
jbpanda is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 07:24   #309
BANNED

In the meanwhile, MSIL guys have a reason to celebrate and probably ignore the ailing customer, like they are already doing:

Maruti Suzuki Revenues Go Past Parent Suzuki
Old 19th October 2017, 09:32   #310
BHPian

'Risk to security of premises and infringement of right to privacy' argument by Mandovi is amusing. So basically what they are saying is - if something illegal is going on someone's property and a victim or another citizen shoots a video and exposes it, the criminals will go to court and file a case of infringement of privacy.
chandra1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 09:42   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Jaggu Sir - yes, I second you when it comes to after sales or service experience, it's been extremely high since 2013 with Suraksha for me, back from the time when I had Baleno and currently Brezza. I recommended whoever is reading this thread to try Suraksha once as they are very professional when it comes to sales and service. Service is where everyone is bothered about and I rate Suraksha 10 on 10.
Please do not tell me about the professionalism of Suraksha in sales. They tried to sell me off an older Ciaz when they I requested for a car which was manufactured within 2 months. Multiple times they promised & told me that they are delivering one which is manufactured in the previous month. But I caught them red handed during my PDI as the VIN number was clearly showing much older month. On top of that, odometer was also disconnected. Clearly it was used as demo/test-drive vehicle or for dinner other purpose. They tried to give all kinds of justifications like I don't know how to decode VIN, odo is disconnected for transporting from stockyard to showroom and many more lame excuses. They never accepted their fault, but I could see the guilt in their face as not everyone were good actors.

The point is, none of the dealers/device centers are saints. Everyone has their own/common bad practices and this example is just one such incident coming into light. But, many would have really great experiences with the same dealer/service center too.

My last free service was at a different service center of Mandovi. I'm had doubt and now I'm pretty much sure that they only did car wash when I had to go out for the first 2 hours, even though they claimed all inspection is done. After coming back, I stood near car at least tire rotation and oil change was done infront of me. So, I ignored the rear. Btw, mostly I'll be still going there for next service too. What other option do we have during warranty period when every service center is almost same.

Anyway, thanks OP for bringing this public secret to the attention of everyone with undeniable proof! You have all of our support in this.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 10:02   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hello Everyone !!

Then he tells me that they have stopped washing cars due to the NGT ruling in Bangalore and that they too have started practicing this in Tumkur. He tells me that they do not have the waterless wash system yet and it will be implemented soon. He does push me for the usual Teflon coating, A/C disinfectant, Wheel alignment/balancing scams, but I did not budge.
I second you themonster. I have gone through the same experience when I took my Baleno for the first Paid Service visit. Only difference is of the service center which Bimal Auto Agency, Bangalore. They served me the same excuse of NGT ruling, but the most frustrating part is they are literally forcing everyone and charging for the water less wash. When I argued, quoting that washing is complementary at least for the Paid service visits, he said nothing is complementary and even if you want us to clean the vehicle inside out, one has to shell out 250/-. Have not faced any of the issues in the service centers in NCR but bangalore service centers are all together at a different level in harassing and deceiving customers.
Old 19th October 2017, 10:06   #313
BANNED

The foul-play exposed by ROG_AK is truly commendable and definitely shows the level to which the dealers stoop down to make money .
Let me make it clear initially itself that this is quite a big thread and needs a lot of time be read completely. I have read the gist of the entire thread but made it a point to read to the initial post completely and as well watch the video.
From what I have read and watched it is very clear that the customer as well as the manufacturer were cheated, the customer is terms of faking the service and the manufacturer in terms of claiming the service coupon which is totally unacceptable for either.

But what i fail to understand is why has maruti failed to take any action against the dealer despite having such good hold on all their dealers and laying out a streamlined process for every single procedure that they have ?

Another thing is after this post has gone viral, many such cases have come to limelight and maruti as a brand have lost a significant trust by it's very own loyal customers and even after the whole fiasco why has the dealer and manufacturer failed to apologise on any public platform? See we all know that mistakes do happen but the best way to move on is to accept it and apologise for the same!

Maruti as a company has the utmost trust by any customer in the market. a simple solution like live-casting all their workshops and making the whole billing transparent is something that they can easily do but they have not despite repeated complaints by customers! So is this the beginning of another Skoda ? Is maruti trying to be the indian version of Skoda by indulging in abnormal ways of making money from dealers?

Why has maruti not announced their action against the dealer?
Maruti as a company has set benchmarks for their after-sales in the industry, when such a company fails to rectify their issues then without doubt the other players in the industry will fail to answer their customers in a suitable way !

Sorry if the post has a repeated view .
Old 19th October 2017, 11:22   #314
BHPian

Oh my my...how dare they threaten to ROG_AK pull down the video?! wow. Maruti acting this way (err not acting at all!) gives a strong feeling that they give nothing for the customer's concern. It all boils down to the relationship with that dealer and not the customers! No car manufacturer is different in Automobile industry, it just a matter of time they get exposed, I am forced to believe.

What happened is an accidental revealing of the 'cheating' done by the dealer. This is not planned by the customer. But still resorting to threatening by saying 'remove the video by 8pm' etc shows how low Maruti & co can go. Now I feel for VW & Skoda as I thought they are uniquely worst in quality and customer service!
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 12:11   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
So is this the beginning of another Skoda ? Is maruti trying to be the indian version of Skoda by indulging in abnormal ways of making money from dealers?

Why has maruti not announced their action against the dealer?
Do you think this happens only with Maruti? These kind of malpractices are common with almost all manufacturers and dealers all over India. There has been many such horror stories reported in this forum. Only that these guys got caught red handed this time.

I would say it's due to the bad business/work ethics of Indians in general. Reasons can be either under-compensation, greed or corruption is in the blood of many. Just waiting for a chance to cheat others. I'm not saying everyone is bad, but the percentage such people is higher than what we would want.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks