Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 31st October 2017, 22:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Pune: Viraaj Skoda in Wagholi shuts down, but business as usual at Viraaj Shivaji Nagar

Dear All,

I want to update you that Viraaj Skoda, Wagholi, has been closed. This center was the most conveniently located for Skoda customers in north east parts of Pune.

There was no communication sent out to customers about this closure.

We are already at the mercy of only one dealer in Pune. Now skoda customers in North Pune have to travel all the way to Shivajinagar or Baner and compete with Pune City customers for appointments to get Skoda service support.

I chose Skoda over VW during the purchase decision, due to close proximity of service center.

I think this is not a good sign, for the things to come.
F150 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 09:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Pune: Viraaj Skoda in Wagholi shuts down, but business as usual at Viraaj Shivaji Nagar

I heard that Viraaj Skoda owners are in a financial crunch. If I am not mistaken, they also owned Sai Sakshi Ford near Bhumkar Chowk on Pune - Bangalore highway. The Ford dealership packed up as well. Sometime ago when my brother was looking for a car, we paid Viraaj Skoda in Baner a visit and their sales staff seemed totally demotivated to even show us the car. Very unprofessionally dressed as well when compared to other European marquees like VW, BMW, etc.

Skoda sales aren't anything to write home about. In such a scenario cutting your losses seems at a dealer level seems to be a sensible decision.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 10:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Pune: Viraaj Skoda in Wagholi shuts down, but business as usual at Viraaj Shivaji Nagar

With recently launched products like the Kodiaq & vRS - and the upcoming Karoq - maybe they should have waited a bit longer to see how things pan out?

Sucks because this was one of the rare Skoda dealerships with generally positive reviews from BHPians (related search).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 12:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just called up Viraaj Skoda Shivajinagar for servicing appointment for my 8 years old Laura. Appointments available starting next Monday (6th Nov), I booked Tue (7 Nov) morning, 1st slot. I was also offered live inspection of the engine bay and underbody before they take the car in. I have seen this at B U Bhandari everytime I take my GT TSi for servicing. It's very useful as the owner can see the suspension and other components himself and discuss what all needs replacement, etc.

I will report next week how smoothly my servicing goes (car has done 53000km and some suspension stuff may need attention). At least on the phone it appeared to be business as usual at Viraaj, Shivajinagar.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2017 at 08:52. Reason: typo
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 13:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Took my Laura to Viraaj Shivajinagar for servicing. As part of hand-over, lifted the car on the ramp and inspected all suspension parts for the wear and tear. Will post detailed service experience after I get the car back. However, it appeared business as usual there which is a good thing. In fact, I see they are improving the service levels year after year (will post details). Asked them about Wagholi facility closure and they said it was rented and had to be vacated. They are coming up with a big one in Hadapsar. May be they are trained to answer in this way or may be this is true (hope it is true).

Stay tuned.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 16:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back. Front suspension connecting link rod bushings were cracked, they were in stock and replaced. Overall, a good experience. I should write a long term ownership report and details of servcing done, etc. But so far, my experience with Viraaj has been good.

Thread title can be changed to something like "Viraaj Skoda in Wagholi shuts down but business as usual at Viraaj Shivajinagar".
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote