Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 22nd January 2018, 23:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Customer supposedly paid cash for booking a Hyundai, but doesn't have a proper receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
I have another observation here.
Note the amount is written as 190,000.
It is not the common Indian practice to write 190,000 a normal Indian practice would be by default 1,90,000 as written my mudhasir above.

Also the 9 seems to be extended from a 0.
Just my 2 cents.
Looks like the 9 has been created from 1 and the actual booking amount written is 10,000 - not 1,90,000. Also note how the 1 in the 190 is different from the 1 in the date.

And the customer has not signed on the form.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Customer supposedly paid cash for booking a Hyundai, but doesn't have a proper receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Looks like the 9 has been created from 1 and the actual booking amount written is 10,000 - not 1,90,000. Also note how the 1 in the 190 is different from the 1 in the date.

And the customer has not signed on the form.
Absolutely agree with your observations. That 9 doesn't look natural. Here's a closer look..

Customer supposedly paid cash for booking a Hyundai, but doesn't have a proper receipt-screenshot_20180123060009.png

Also, Cash receipt is given seperately at all dealerships in my experience - in addition to the booking receipt. If that was not given to the customer, it is mostly likely that someone adjusted the 1.8L in cash paid and documented only the required 10k.

Hope the customer has the cash receipt and more evidence with him.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
I have another observation here.
Note the amount is written as 190,000.
It is not the common Indian practice to write 190,000 a normal Indian practice would be by default 1,90,000 as written my mudhasir above.

Also the 9 seems to be extended from a 0.
Just my 2 cents.
Awesome observation.

I bet 10,000 was fudged to 190,000. If the booking form booklet is one of those with carbon copy sheets then it might be worthwhile to check the dealer copy of the booking form.

Even if itís proven that itís fudged then does it have any value when itís not actually a payment receipt?
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:30   #19
BHPian

This is clearly a case of cheating (420). The sales person took 1.9 lacs by providing the customer the booking order form as "receipt". If the customer doesn't have a payment receipt which contains dealer stamp, dealer GST No. It is cannot be considered as valid payment receipt.

Dealer can easily wash hands off this by showing the red color statement on the booking order form ""

Very sorry to say but your friend has been taken for a ride. There is not much except for registering a FIR against the sales person by getting details from the dealership.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:18   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
A friend of mine booked a Hyundai Grand i10 sportz (O) AT with them in exchange of their old Maruti Wagon-R, .
When you hand over a vehicle to a broker or dealer for sale, you should always ask for a basic vehicle transfer certificate. In fact, in many cases I noticed that broker/ Dealer give it proactively.

If Wagon-R was handed over to Dealer, where is the Vehicle Transfer Certificate? Many BHPians rightly pointed out that the pink slip attached to the thread is not a payment receipt. A payment receipt is a computer-generated receipt with all the details and descriptions. Something is fishy in this deal and that too from both the sides.
SJM1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2018, 18:48   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm being very neutral here & don't want to call the sales advisor 'a fraud' without any proof. I don't know your friend and neither do I know the sales advisor. But until there is proof that the cash was actually given, it's your friend's word against that of the sales advisor.

One person is lying, but I won't pass judgement on who that is until there is evidence of payment.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 09:44   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Customer supposedly paid cash for booking a Hyundai, but doesn't have a proper receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One person is lying, but I won't pass judgement on who that is until there is evidence of payment.
Bingo! There are more observations which leads to this being smelly, apart from the observations already made by others. What is the 652000 mentioned in the receipt? Is it the total vehicle cost? Is it the amount to be paid after the ₹ 190000 and Wagon R as exchange? These numbers also doesn't seem to add up, even if you take the 55,000 mentioned as accessories/extended warranty cost.
And, why is it written "Car value" against that 55,000? There also, it can be 55000 or 550000 as the last zero is crossed out (Can be a mistake while writing). [For reference, I took the carwale quote of the same model in Jaipur and it's showing ₹ 7,74,732 for metallic and ₹ 7,70,707 for non-metallic model (both OTR)]
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2018, 10:05   #23
BHPian

Default Re: Customer supposedly paid cash for booking a Hyundai, but doesn't have a proper receipt

This is what happens when one decides to deal with cash. Judging by the car which he is buying, 1.9 Lakhs may not be a small amount for him. Always do such transactions electronically/through your bank. Lesson for everyone who doesn't know it yet.
madhavgpai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote