Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 14th February 2018, 13:46   #16
BHPian

If you end up servicing the car at the same dealer, it makes no sense to further pursue! Who knows what you may face during ownership.
abhi7013 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 17:43   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Asma Hyundai & HMIL do NOT want us to TD / own a Tucson

I see that you (original poster) want to write a complaint via e-mail but do not want to give phone number when Hyundai is asking. If it is so, I think you are giving an impression that you are not a serious customer. Either you should move on to another car or another dealer or you should help Hyundai to provide the support you need by giving your phone number. Just like this e-mail pingpong is not useful for you, it is the same for them as well.
Theyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 08:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyota View Post
I see that you (original poster) want to write a complaint via e-mail but do not want to give phone number when Hyundai is asking.
The conversation with the sales people at the dealership happened on phone, so I believe they have my phone number as I had registered my phone number on their website for a TD.

Still, can you please point out as to where and in which e-mail have they asked for my phone number?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 15:13   #19
BHPian

Few years back we had gone to test drive Eon at a HM dealership in Pune, the vehicle in which we took the test drive was in shambles. Notchy gearbox, dull ac, dirty interiors and soiled seats, all problems which are common across ill maintained cars. Then the sales consultant advised us to test drive the Grand i10. test drive vehicle was a new car and while we were driving he triumphantly announced that you can notice how different Grand i10 is from the Eon. And started pushing Grandi10 for sale as it was a better car and will go the distance unlike an Eon.
scwagh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 16:39   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

So every third day, I get this automated email from HMIL.

It is getting irritating now.
Attached Thumbnails
Asma Hyundai & HMIL do NOT want us to TD / own a Tucson-e2c80f1e3bb3439ba103e90c1ab80ab5.png  

Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 16:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Really frustrating when you end up shortlisting something and are prepared to like it, but the powers that be, won't let you!

Since, Hyundai is so insistent, why not take your business elsewhere? Why not give Jeep a chance?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 14:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The string of automated replies continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Since, Hyundai is so insistent, why not take your business elsewhere? Why not give Jeep a chance?
We read a lot and came to the conclusion that, Jeep may not be as reliable, reports say so as does few impressions which we read here. Moreover, Jeep does not have its presence here and we have to go to Patna to buy and get it serviced.

He prefers buying either a Japanese or maybe a Korean, as can’t afford downtime.

Thanks for your suggestions, we will still give it a look

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st February 2018 at 15:36. Reason: typo corrected
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 15:41   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Circus is yet to stop.

Got another call from dealership yesterday. There was a lady on the line. What she said, had me in splits.

She said, that now you have done the TD of Tucson, when can we have the booking? I asked, did you provide the car for a TD? She panicked and gave the phone to her senior [I assume, also a lady]

This lady was pretty straightforward. She says - We don't provide TD's for Tucson, we sell the car if you give booking to us.

I replied - This information is available with me and you people have called me up and said the same thing multiple times, now can you stop this?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 16:27   #24
BHPian

Sheel,

I saw new post in this thread and eagerly opened it hoping to read some positive news. But the old story continues It is really pathetic on Hyundai’s part to expect people will plonk 2 million on their car without test drive.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th March 2018 at 16:48. Reason: Extra smiley
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 16:40   #25

I can completely empathize with you and give you my own incident as an example. I genuinely believe that Hyundai does not want to play in the premium market. I was told the same for a TD of the Tuscon in the month of November, 2017.

And similarly, since then I've been wanting to drive a Elantra Petrol but to no avail. I've been called numerous times with umpteen promises, and one who had the gall to ask me whether I've decided on the Elantra.

Edit: I forgot to add that all of this has happened in Delhi.

Last edited by sarthakmehrotra : 16th March 2018 at 16:43. Reason: Location
sarthakmehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote