Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2007, 23:13   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Guys,
I back you guys for shell fuel.
I work for a consulting firm called Jones Lang LaSalle and we introduced Shell to India.
And wish there were more outlets ...
As a lawyer I can tell you this would fall squarely within the definition of breach of client confidentiality. Do hope Shell haven't seen this thread.

Cheers!
Old 12th May 2007, 00:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I just love the fact that they ensure a queue even for filling air in the tyres. Saw a Fiesta owner trying to tip the attendant for filling air in the tyres of his car, and the guy refused it politely saying it was a free service. I dont think you can find that at any of the bunks which may claim 'Free Air'.

That is probably because he is well paid just not to accept tips.

overall, there is a lot more discipline maintained in a shell outlet which is very commendable, but nothing to go overboard.
cheers
Old 12th May 2007, 07:04   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Shell @ Hubli

Shell's opening a new bunk in Hubli, on the old NH-4 that runs through the city. But pain point is the 40 kmph speed limit that you will need to do between Hubli & Dharwad. The cops will be there most of the time with a radar gun aiming at any thing on the road.

So, guys doing NH-4 through Hubli-Dharwad and wanting only Shell, check it out.
Old 14th May 2007, 15:50   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
That is probably because he is well paid just not to accept tips.

overall, there is a lot more discipline maintained in a shell outlet which is very commendable, but nothing to go overboard.
cheers
Its not about going overboard here. Having some sanity in the way things here are organized, with the right instructions, the comparatively serene attitude, the emphasis on safety - these help to cool down from the road rage which builds up with each passing moment on the chaos-ridden roads we drive on.

Since i have had only good experiences here, i keep praising them. My experience with a IOC outlet in Hyderabad (Masab Tank - beside Golconda Hotel) where my bike was filled with adulterated petrol i just cannot forget.
Old 16th May 2007, 18:07   #50

Default why they ask us to get off the bike when they are filling fuel.

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Welcome Shell!)
One thing i fail to understand is why they ask us to get off the bike when they are filling fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Initially i had an argument with this and i wrote to the top level who ever it was , there was a reply explaining that .
While filing ,if the petrol overfills or while removing the gun it might trickle on the hot engine below and ignite the petrol . So if are standing ,u can run for your dear life .Makes sense ,but the employees failed to explain this . I never complain from then on

I was satisfied with that reply.
Infact, I too thought that would be the logic behind asking to get off the bike when they are filling Shell fuel.

Old 17th May 2007, 12:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
I was satisfied with that reply.
Infact, I too thought that would be the logic behind asking to get off the bike when they are filling Shell fuel.
Makes perfect sense!! Especially after seeing what happend on Catalunya circuit to Massa on his pit stop
Old 17th May 2007, 12:32   #52
Team-BHP Support

In addition to this, they strictly enforce no usage of mobile on their premises, or near the filling areas.
Old 29th May 2007, 20:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well just happen to browse the Shell site and amazed to find that there are more location(s) that has been added or underway...

Nice to see places like Davangere, mangalore, Tirupur, Madurai, Nellore, Pune are new in the list....

Abhi
Old 30th May 2007, 09:37   #54
Team-BHP Support

Whats the use, if they never have fuel at their pumps.
Went to the Whitefield outlet yesterday too, and came back with no petrol. Need to try again today. Car's running close to reserve now. They seem to be prepared for this, i guess. They even have sign boards which proudly proclaim how 'Sorry' they are.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Ya benny, u r right... They need to increase their Supply as well....Just by increasing number of outlets doesnt help...U have to increase your fuel purchase many fold too...

Abhi
Old 30th May 2007, 10:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I've already posted it somewhere else but things almost took a turn for the worse in the Shell bunk on Hosur Road.

The guy almost filled in Diesel into my Civic. I'm usually very comfortable with Shell that I don't get down when they fill my car. But by chance i got out and saw the diesel nozzle slotted in !!! thankfully he was punching in the amount when I found out the mistake. No damage done. But it did shake my confidence a lot. It was like 7 in the morning and I guess the attendant was sleepy !!!

So Shell or no Shell, keep a watch not only on the meter but on what they have slotted in :-)

I heard its a regular problem with the Swift now after the Diesel model came in.

yeah , shook me up too once when after they started filling the tank one attendant asked me if my palio was a diesel
Old 26th November 2007, 23:43   #57
BHPian

Sorry to get this old thread back to life. But i felt a update would do no harm on current Shell Situation

A lot of Shell fans here even in Hyderabad like me I am a regular at the one at Mallapur (IDA Nacharam) and the one at Habsiguda (IDA Uppal) near to Genpact and seen Windshield offerings at the outlet in Mallapur (Sai Krishna Enterprises - IDA Nacharam) Me too become a Shell Addict and completed 5000 Kms on Shell Super. Simply super service and great quality of fuel. Never visited the one at Ameerpet yet.

And for Octane ratings i heard from one attendant here that Shell Super is 93 Octane (he told me doubtfully though) and the Regular / Normal is 87 Octane. I fill in Super for the premium fuel and premium services anyway offered for free.

Long Live Shell. I swear by Shell. Hope they get on with more outlets and same or much more improved levels of service and quality soon.
Old 27th November 2007, 10:25   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post

And for Octane ratings i heard from one attendant here that Shell Super is 93 Octane (he told me doubtfully though) and the Regular / Normal is 87 Octane. I fill in Super for the premium fuel and premium services anyway offered for free.
Octane ratings of shell super and shell regular petrol both are 91. One of my friend wrote to shell and got the reply. But shell super has some additives for better performance and smoothness that is what they mentioned.
Old 27th November 2007, 16:16   #59
BHPian

Shell's promised Mumbai launch never took off, did it? Everybody agrees that absurd land costs in Bombay would make such an exercise economically unviable, but I was hoping they'd start one in New Bombay at least.
Old 27th November 2007, 17:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

The new Shell outlet on Raj Bhavan Road at Hyd is really good--I've been going there regularly since it opened 2 months ago.
Closed Thread