Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2007, 18:34   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The new Shell outlet on Raj Bhavan Road at Hyd is really good--I've been going there regularly since it opened 2 months ago.
Same here The service at the pump in ameerpet is good as well ....
Old 27th November 2007, 19:17   #62
Team-BHP Support

But the last time I went to the SomajiGuda bunk, watching that petite lady trying to get the heavy nozzle into the car was very funny.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

i am a big fan of shell (b'lore) and i have converted several people into shell religion.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:27   #64

I would like to add a pretty unforgettable experience I had in the Shell outlet at Benigenahalli a week back. I had taken my gypsy out for a spin on Saturday and skipped 3 bunks at Ramamurthy nagar to fill up at Shell. I, like a lot of people here, am a big fan of Shell and always go out of my way to fill in at Shell. That day, I drove in and parked at one of the dispensers. The attender asked me "how much?". I said "500". She put the nozzle in, switched it on and went on the other side to fill in for another car. Though the Shell attendents are usually very cordial and repeat your order before they switch the meter on, I didnt sense anything wrong...until the meter stopped at 13.xx litres..! "13.xx litres for Rs.500? Wow.." I thought. Only then did it strike me that I had parked my petrol gypsy at a diesel pump..! Needless to say, the boards facing the entrance was in Kannada and i dont know to read Kannada. (That, of course is not an excuse for me.) The attendent apologized (a bit reluctantly though..) and i had the manager called out. It was then that i saw the professionalism of the people in Shell. He apologized profusely for the mistake, had the girl take a break (apparently she was hassled because she had to listen to the rantings of some irritable truck driver in the morning), had some of his guys remove the petrol tank of my Gypsy and had it emptied and cleaned. He asked me how much i had in the tank before coming in. I had around 4 litres. He replaced it. Then he had his guys put Rs. 500 worth of petrol in. Though it took the greater part of 2 hours, i didnt feel a bit hassled by the whole episode by the way it was handled by the manager and his team. Kudos to them...
Ranjith
Old 26th August 2009, 01:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

That was amazing, I think theres very few other bunks who would go so far towards customer satisfaction
Old 26th August 2009, 01:38   #66
BHPian

There is a shell near Lucas juntcion next to the new flyover. BTW is shell regular more expensive than normal petrol?
Old 26th August 2009, 03:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

After the first two or three fills, I have been a Shell-only person. Their courtesy ("vanakkam" with their hands and a smile- took me by surprise the first time!), attitude, service and most of all the peace of mind is what made me drive 22 KM extra to get a refill
Old 26th August 2009, 05:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Shell is by far the best service/quality fuel provider I have seen. They are simply superb.
Old 26th August 2009, 06:56   #69
Senior - BHPian

I really like the service and fuel quality at Shell. My first time at Shell, I tanked up and after filling air tried to tip the attendant and he refused. Told me it was part of the full service. Boy, I was impressed. The only other outlet that has come closer in service are the Bharat Petroleum Co-Co outlets on the highway.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmaverick View Post
I would like to add a pretty unforgettable experience I had in the Shell outlet at Benigenahalli a week back. I had taken my gypsy out for a spin on Saturday and skipped 3 bunks at Ramamurthy nagar to fill up at Shell. I, like a lot of people here, am a big fan of Shell and always go out of my way to fill in at Shell. That day, I drove in and parked at one of the dispensers. The attender asked me "how much?". I said "500". She put the nozzle in, switched it on and went on the other side to fill in for another car. Though the Shell attendents are usually very cordial and repeat your order before they switch the meter on, I didnt sense anything wrong...until the meter stopped at 13.xx litres..! "13.xx litres for Rs.500? Wow.." I thought. Only then did it strike me that I had parked my petrol gypsy at a diesel pump..! Needless to say, the boards facing the entrance was in Kannada and i dont know to read Kannada. (That, of course is not an excuse for me.) The attendent apologized (a bit reluctantly though..) and i had the manager called out. It was then that i saw the professionalism of the people in Shell. He apologized profusely for the mistake, had the girl take a break (apparently she was hassled because she had to listen to the rantings of some irritable truck driver in the morning), had some of his guys remove the petrol tank of my Gypsy and had it emptied and cleaned. He asked me how much i had in the tank before coming in. I had around 4 litres. He replaced it. Then he had his guys put Rs. 500 worth of petrol in. Though it took the greater part of 2 hours, i didnt feel a bit hassled by the whole episode by the way it was handled by the manager and his team. Kudos to them...
Ranjith
This has happened to ony of my female colleagues in Hyd too. They filled up her Diesel Innova with petrol.
Shell did pay up for the clean up of the tank and the refill which was a saving grace.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

After a Shell fuel station opened in my area a couple of years ago, I have never filled any other petrol for my bike. And my brand new Alto is on Shell super from day one. I reluctantly used the 5 litre IOC coupon given at the Maruti dealership because the car did not have enough petrol to run up to the Shell bunk!
Old 26th August 2009, 11:41   #72
BHPian

Recently filled up at Shell & I must applaud the service orientation.

Pump attended warmly greets you ask you to get down from your bike , switch off Mobile ( Safety reasons). They ask you about the amount of fuel to filled and shows that the meter reading is reset.
An automated printing machine promptly gives you a bill. Every thing is done quite orderly, looks like the staff has been trained properly.

Overall it was a nice buying experience at Shell. Hope our BPís, HPís & IOCs bench mark these practices.

Coming to product quality (used Normal fuel) I donít feel much of a difference and there is no increase in mileage.

But in the end I am a satisfied customer as I know that I am not getting cheated.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:53   #73
BHPian

It is this service that pretty much makes us go out of the way towards a Shell filling station. I infact head 12 kms to and fro for the shell pump.I find it worthy since i get a full tank. Kudos to shell quality!
Old 26th August 2009, 12:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

I am also a Shell convert here!

Great of them to bring such customer oriented service!

I hope these service level does get the others to pull up their socks!
Closed Thread