Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th September 2007, 22:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
@s0uljah which dealer you booked with?

Is theres any way to check whether their excuse is geniune or whether they alloted our wehicle to someone else?
I decided to book with Pratham after giving them the benefit of doubt.

Regarding your delivery I think its time you try to speak with the GM handling sales in Bimal. Maybe some TBhpian can give you the contact/intro.

The Swift DDis situation has definitely eased up as per what Iv heard. In fact white is not so much a problem anymore either. Let them know that both Sagar/Pratham have a very efficient turnaround for the VDi and that if you book with one even now you could get it faster than from Bimal. After all at the end of the day you want a car and they need to sell one!

About your car being alloted to someone else the chances of finding out are minimal. If you can convince the GM/Head of sales to show you the booking list along with the MUL despatch/allotments for the last 4 fortnights then you will have your answer.

Iv been told Sunlight copper is the new problem colour for swift since it was originally approved only for the SX4, they will now complete the pending SX4 deliveries. The number of people who took delivery of sunlight copper, you guys were in luck! The paint is apparently more expensive too but they are not charging a premium (because they already looting us? )

Last edited by s0uljah : 19th September 2007 at 22:33.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 08:32   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, any good contact at Bimal at whitefield as wanted to confirm whether they are correct or my car is alloted to someone else, last month i was at 16th position as per their bookings, last week they said mine is on 40th position and yesterday they said that my booking is at 4th position and October end will get the delivery(White VDi).
Now feeling like cancelling the booking and going for some other car.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 16:47   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Well I have already waited almost 4 months, so I guess a little longer cant hurt.

Where did you book? VDi without ABS shouldnt be such a long wait anymore, you can maybe expect it in 45 days.
Booked at RNS.
Pratham wasn't accepting bookings and after reading threads here decided to avoid the others and go to either RNS or Mandovi.
P1tBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 19:47   #169
Senior - BHPian

Ajay, just go and threaten them that you will write to maruti. Dont say this to the dumbasses behind the counter, ask to meet the GM of their sales department. maybe they will sit up and take notice...They can't be altering your position on the queue so much.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 18:36   #170
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the guys in Banglore have the maximum problems with delayed deliveries of Swift ( petrol 7 Diesel) and the SX4. The Situation in NCr is very different and the vehicles are available within a few weeks at most.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 13:03   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
It seems that the guys in Banglore have the maximum problems with delayed deliveries of Swift ( petrol 7 Diesel) and the SX4. The Situation in NCr is very different and the vehicles are available within a few weeks at most.
Right Said Fred.

While I was talking to someone at a dealership they also said that here the dealers are not as aggressive with MUL(oops maruti suzuki) as the dealers from MH/North zone are.

The other thing I mentioned earlier in this thread, IMO Delhi folk prefer bigger cars and either go for base model hatches or a sedan. Bangalore + Mumbai probably witness the largest demand for the fully loaded swifts.
Old 23rd September 2007, 13:34   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike
OT: i was driving behind a brand new VDi this morning and i was surprised to see the car spewing so much smoke, I just had to catch up with the poor chap at the next signal and made him aware of this fact and he was like
Any diesel will smoke when hard revved.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 12:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

Got the number of Whitefields Bimal Motors GM sales thanks to our Bangalore team-bhp member, last saturday i was about to visit and meet him but personal things forced me to cancel the plan, this saturday sure i will meet him as things are getting worse.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:06   #174
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post578323 (Maruti Suzuki to pay interest on booking amount for sx4/swift)

Last edited by s0uljah : 28th September 2007 at 10:19. Reason: started new thread
Old 28th September 2007, 10:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

I paid around 50K so for everymonth i am going to get 1000 only :( better ill preffer not taking any interest for faster delivery, Last week saw my booking order with them and my position is in 4th number and GM sales of Bimal Motors assured me that ill get delivery by maximum 10th of october, lets see when its going to happen.
Old 4th October 2007, 13:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

I booked on July 6th, Prathams stocklist now shows a Sunlight copper VDi (abs) which is my allotment. Dispatch date from MSL doesnt reflect as of now on the system.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:29   #177

@s0uljah:
("Prathams stocklist now shows a Sunlight copper VDi (abs) which is my allotment.")
where did you check this ? can u give more info regarding this .

rgds,shiva
shiv1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 19:17   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv1010 View Post
where did you check this ? can u give more info regarding this .
Hi Shiv & Welcome to the forum

Have you booked at Pratham? This information can be viewed by the person in charge of the stocks or the GM of sales etc. Usually the lower level sales chaps are only given limited information pertaining to their bookings and so on.

Iv been constantly following up for the last 4 weeks with the dealership. Dont expect them to call you back even if they say they will.
Old 5th October 2007, 10:19   #179

thanks s0uljah,
I have booked with mandovi at lavelle road. I booked it on Aug 20th. So just waiting .
shiv1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 10:16   #180
Senior - BHPian

Again spoke to my dealer and now they are saying delivery is going to end of this month :( , told them if it wont happen then i am going to cancel the booking and buying Getz as its going to be available in next 2-3 weeks.