Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 6th November 2007, 19:09   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Regarding VDI with ABS, heard this in Pratham Motors. I bought my vehicle there.
In that case they were probably just giving you a big bundle. Atleast you have your VDi so no tension.

I was one of the last people to book at Pratham before they stopped accepting bookings for the DDis alltogether (July 6th). At that time there was something like 120 cars pending in total. Out of that VDi (ABS) was around 5 or 7. Anyhow all of this does not matter.

If what is being said about ABS production (discountinued and restarted again next year) is true then Iv been suckered for so long. I was offered a non ABS car more than 7 weeks ago which I refused as there was some indication that I would get a car by mid October.

Quote:
Maruti recently gave a one page ad recently and said that for all bookings on Swift and SX4, from the 16th day onwards, they would give a interest of 24% per anum. However dealers in Bangalore at least are claiming that they are not aware of this.
When I spoke to the sales executive a couple of weeks back I was told that only those who have paid upwards of 50k as a booking amount will be eligible for interest. The catch was that interest will only be paid from the date of the advertisement and not from the 16th day of booking.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 00:30   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Its astonishing that this situation should be continuing now the car has been 'available' for so many months.

Not so much a launch as just making a few.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 01:26   #198

Default 27 days

I got it within 27 days...but i had to pay up everything up front
mehrotrarohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 11:22   #199
BHPian

Originally Posted by iridium
Maruti recently gave a one page ad recently and said that for all bookings on Swift and SX4, from the 16th day onwards, they would give a interest of 24% per anum. However dealers in Bangalore at least are claiming that they are not aware of this.

True the ad does not say that this is going to be retrospective. It also does not mention the booking amount since I think that is left to the dealers. Some of the dealers are taking 10k while others are taking 50k.

BTW Pratham is taking bookings for Swift diesel.

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 11:46   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True the ad does not say that this is going to be retrospective. It also does not mention the booking amount since I think that is left to the dealers. Some of the dealers are taking 10k while others are taking 50k.

BTW Pratham is taking bookings for Swift diesel.
I think they had stopped for a period of 3 months, atleast thats what I was told. God knows what to believe !
Old 7th November 2007, 11:57   #201
Senior - BHPian

s0uljha why not give a try to get Swift without ABS as anyways ABS in just front wheel dosent makes any sence atleast to me as engine breaking power is enough to not to skid the front wheel.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 14:48   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
s0uljha why not give a try to get Swift without ABS as anyways ABS in just front wheel dosent makes any sence atleast to me as engine breaking power is enough to not to skid the front wheel.

Ajay, I believe swift has a four wheel ABS incorporated in itself. It should make sense in the long run
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 18:38   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Saaar, I know it seems a bit much that Im so adamant on getting ABS.
I agree that a non ABS car would also be just as good, the fact remains that when a safety feature if being offered at 20k extra and one has the ability to pay for it, the premium is well worth it. Im not in any way suggesting the braking of the car is incapable.

Iv been criticized by almost everyone(read family, friends) for not having delivery of a non ABS vehicle when it was alloted to me in September.
Old 7th November 2007, 19:01   #204
Senior - BHPian

@Ajay...You have been misinformed, my friend. Vdi has ABS on all four wheels and they work quite well too, after all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. You don't happen to have driven a VDi ABS, do you?

The only grouse I have is that it has drum brakes at the rear. Which may affect the effectiveness of ABS in the long run. Well, let's see.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 19:06   #205
BHPian

[FONT=Tahoma]Even my case is same as s0uljha. I have booked the car on July 1st. Last month they offered me a VDi with different color. I declined the offer because of the color and absence of ABS. Currently this week I was in touch with a Maruti guy, but he went on tour recently and not heard any further response from him till now. I am planning to wait for another 1 week and if nothing succeeds planning write to Khattar shortly.[/FONT]
philjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 19:49   #206
BHPian

Checked with Pratham Motors today and was told that they 160 bookings for Swift DDIS and they are not accepting any bookings now.

Regarding Swift DDIS with ABS, yes it has ABS on all four wheels. Checked this with the mechanic at Mandovi Motors, Bangalore.

Kuttapan's post:
The only grouse I have is that it has drum brakes at the rear. Which may affect the effectiveness of ABS in the long run. Well, let's see

Why will drum brakes at the rear affect the effectiveness of ABS in the long run ?.
If you are comparing this with having had disc brakes in the rear also, then the difference in effectiveness should be constant.
Or is there anything else ?.

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 20:45   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally posted by iridium:
Checked with Pratham Motors today and was told that they 160 bookings for Swift DDIS and they are not accepting any bookings now.
Even RNS Sales Manager too told me that they stopped accepting bookings for DDIS. Seems like only BIMAL is open for new orders (My friend enquired this recently).
philjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 17:42   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Vdi has ABS on all four wheels and they work quite well too, after all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The only grouse I have is that it has drum brakes at the rear. Which may affect the effectiveness of ABS in the long run. Well, let's see.
Yep once you get accustomed to the luxury of last minute braking that ABS offers you, there's no turning back! Something like not having power steering.

With some time and money it would be possible to get rear discs from Singapore/Malay and retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjo View Post
Even my case is same as s0uljha. I have booked the car on July 1st. Last month they offered me a VDi with different color. I declined the offer because of the color and absence of ABS.
In my case I was sort of relaxed as Id been interacting with the GM of the dealership, but seems like he either lost vigilance or shafted me

Last edited by s0uljah : 8th November 2007 at 17:44.
Old 9th November 2007, 05:05   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
luxury of last minute braking that ABS offers you
Sounds dangerous to me! Have you read through the ABS-related forums here?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 12:16   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sounds dangerous to me! Have you read through the ABS-related forums here?
Sir, I didnt literally mean brake at the last second when your a whiskers length away