Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 27th November 2007, 23:50   #241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Booked our pearl white Vdi 10 days back. Dad wants to take delivery only in December 2nd week. So the wait continues. Can't wait to join the bandwagon.
I too have joined the swift diesel band wagon and booked myself a pearl white Vdi without ABS .. should have it within this week -- and if not this week then beginning of next week for sure .

Gonna see if I shud look at getting the Petes tuning box for it ... !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 00:25   #242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Booked our pearl white Vdi 10 days back. Dad wants to take delivery only in December 2nd week. So the wait continues. Can't wait to join the bandwagon.
so can the car be registered in jan 2008.
i spoke to one of the dealers for the swift and he told me that date of registration is when the temporary registration gets lapsed.so for eg:if i buy the car on 5 dec,temporary registration will be valid for 1month.so i will be getting the car registered on 5th jan 2008.so will the rto allow 2008 registration or will it be 2007 because i bought my car in dec 2007.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 00:26   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I too have joined the swift diesel band wagon and booked myself a pearl white Vdi without ABS .. should have it within this week -- and if not this week then beginning of next week for sure .

Gonna see if I shud look at getting the Petes tuning box for it ... !!!
whats the actual waiting period for the swift vxi(petrol)....any idea??
Old 28th November 2007, 00:29   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
whats the actual waiting period for the swift vxi(petrol)....any idea??
I don't think there should be too long a waiting on the petrol swift .... are you planning on buying one ???? And if you are .. will we see u in the swift on track next year ??

The diesel does ahve a waiting of over 2 months so had to pull a few strings and thats how Im getting it in a few days and that too of the color of my choice

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 10:12   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so will the rto allow 2008 registration or will it be 2007 because i bought my car in dec 2007.
Registration will be 2008 but your RC book will show the Dec2007 model as per engine/chassis number.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 14:21   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Registration will be 2008 but your RC book will show the Dec2007 model as per engine/chassis number.
does that mean manufactured in 2007 and registered in 2008 or registered in 2007.i want to know in context to resale.is it advisable to buy now or wait till jan 2008.is there some way i can buy now and register it in 2008 so that the rc book shows 2008.

@khaadu:yup,planning to buy a car.havent decided which one.probably a i10/swift/fiesta.
Old 28th November 2007, 20:40   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i want to know in context to resale.is it advisable to buy now or wait till jan 2008.
About the resale everyone would generally say buy a Jan 2008 manufactured vehicle. A December 2007 car can be registered in January 2008.

The registration will also read 2008 but the engine/chassis number of the car will state month and year of manufacture
Old 30th November 2007, 11:23   #248
NIP
Senior - BHPian

souljah...did you get the delivery yet !? waiting for the first impression and pics
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 12:43   #249
BHPian

My car is already reached the dealers yard yesterday and will go for registration most probably on next week starting after the Bank RTO papers are done.

@S0uljah, I think your's will be here on Monday.
philjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:25   #250
BHPian

Default Last Minute braking with ABS

[quote=s0uljah;620973]Yep once you get accustomed to the luxury of last minute braking that ABS offers you, there's no turning back! Something like not having power steering.

Slightly OT: AFAIK, ABS helps you maintain a straight line when you have to break hard. It does not reduce the braking distance. In fact, this warning was clearly printed in bold in the user manual of my BMW, which BTW happened to have discs on all four wheels.

Cheers,
Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 08:51   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
souljah...did you get the delivery yet !? waiting for the first impression and pics
Just fixed up the finance it would take a couple of days longer. Me already had fair bit of experience with others cars (considering Iv waited 5 months for mine).

Anyhow ownership impressions are always different

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjo View Post
My car is already reached the dealers yard yesterday and will go for registration most probably on next week starting after the Bank RTO papers are done.
Sounds good! Whats ETA for the loan from SBI ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Yep once you get accustomed to the luxury of last minute braking that ABS offers you, there's no turning back! Something like not having power steering.
Slightly OT: AFAIK, ABS helps you maintain a straight line when you have to break hard. It does not reduce the braking distance. In fact, this warning was clearly printed in bold in the user manual of my BMW, which BTW happened to have discs on all four wheels.

Cheers,
Rajan
Sir, I have subsequently mentioned I was exaggerating, guess I should have included a ;-) in the post.

Disclaimer : ABS is not an excuse to brake very very late and tail people closely.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:47   #252
BHPian

@Souljah, I have completed the SBI formalities yesterday.

Yesterday I checked the car at the Dealer place and took some snaps in my mobile. Today the car going for registration and I will get the delivery after 5pm. I will write in detail later.

A very busy day ahead
Old 9th December 2007, 17:19   #253
BHPian

I got the delivery of the car on Wednesday. Actually from the dealership they didn't completed accessories fittings on Wednesday, they picked up the vehicle on Thursday and completed the remaining work. Yesterday I have completed the ICE fittings and completely enjoying the ride now. I will be back with my experiences later on in other existing threads.

@s0uljah, P1tBull when you will get the delivery?

Thanks
Philjo
Old 13th December 2007, 10:33   #254
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats!! I havent taken delivery yet due to a small delay from our side with the HDFC loan. So instead of running the TEMP reg and stock tyres Iv left it at the dealer itself.

Expect some pics over the weekend!

Last edited by s0uljah : 13th December 2007 at 10:35.
Old 14th December 2007, 10:23   #255
NIP
Senior - BHPian

souljah...did you get the car yet !?
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote