Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th July 2008, 01:27   #271
Team-BHP Support

30 days for ABS is just fine! If timelines were like that here, I'd have traded in my petrol Swift long time back
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:01   #272
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about Chennai ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:28   #273
BHPian

what about trivandrum ? here the dealer is saying 25-30 days
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:30   #274
Senior - BHPian

Over here Dealers are quoting 20-25 days for the VDI. But few of my friends got it in 20 days after putting some pressure on the dealers.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:38   #275
Senior - BHPian

Similar discussion : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-woes-18.html (Swift diesel delivery woes)
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 09:50   #276
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for the replies. I am going to call the dealers today and see what they say about the waiting time.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 19:52   #277
BHPian

Hi everyone, I am a newbie in Team-BHP and I have been waiting for my Bright Red Swift VDI(ABS) since July 2nd. I am from Trivandrum and booked the car from Popular Automobiles. I was initially informed that the car would reach by the end of July. But on July 25th I was informed that I have to wait till September 10th .

Any Idea as to what is the waiting period of Swift VDI with ABS in Trivandrum? Just as how Kuttappan had lost sleep waiting for his VDI, I have also lost sleep. Reading Team-BHP for the latest updates is the only solace. Hence would love to hear any good news on the waiting period issue.
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 00:07   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi everyone, I am a newbie in Team-BHP and I have been waiting for my Bright Red Swift VDI(ABS) since July 2nd. I am from Trivandrum and booked the car from Popular Automobiles. I was initially informed that the car would reach by the end of July. But on July 25th I was informed that I have to wait till September 10th .

Any Idea as to what is the waiting period of Swift VDI with ABS in Trivandrum? Just as how Kuttappan had lost sleep waiting for his VDI, I have also lost sleep. Reading Team-BHP for the latest updates is the only solace. Hence would love to hear any good news on the waiting period issue.
Did you try mailing to Maruti? Sometimes it works.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 11:46   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Did you try mailing to Maruti? Sometimes it works.
I did send a mail to Maruti. Below is the reply that they sent me

"Thank you for visiting our website.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and are immediately forwarding your Complaint to the concerned department. You will hear from us soon.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,
ANY TIME MARUTI "

But till now I have not heard anything from them. I never thought 'soon' was so late

Any idea on how many Swift VDI with ABS are delivered to a dealer in a month(especially Popular Automobiles)? Will the dealer get the colours that he asks for, or does Maruti send him random colours that are available with it at the time of loading it in Trucks?
Old 11th August 2008, 11:37   #280
BHPian

Is it true that waiting period for swift is 9 months now,Saturday i visited maruthi showroom (baneerghatta road) they informed me that they have stopped bookings of swift for 3 months as they have bookings for 9 months so effectively its more then a 1 year waiting.
reddy6980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 16:36   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Thanks all for the replies. I am going to call the dealers today and see what they say about the waiting time.
JMD

think i can help. know couple of dealers in Chandigarh. pm me the details (when do you intend to purchase the car, model, colour, mode of payment etc) at your earliest convenience please
kapilsharma80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 22:24   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
what about trivandrum ? here the dealer is saying 25-30 days
Bullboy, I was quoted 25days delivery time during booking(July 2nd). But then it became 2 months..and I am still waiting. The dealers initially qoute lesser number of days and then extend it. A friend of mine who booked Swift VDI with ABS from Indus Motors, got his car delivered in 15days. It was meant for somebody else and that person cancelled the booking. Hence my friend luckily got it , even though it was not the colour he wanted. It was Sunlight Copper

Has anyone seen Swift VDI with ABS in Trivandrum? I have never seen one. The first and only one that I saw was that of my friend(Sunlight Copper)
Old 12th August 2008, 20:48   #283
BHPian

@raj84

It took a lot of time even for me.... they said one and a half month but it almost took three months.... the reason being the part ABS which was in short suppy because of zxi swift and SX4....

Be patient and dont be hard and spoil relation with the dealer....
contact the Regional office of Maruti and provide them the SO number that you get once the car is booked for you.... The number would be on the receipt provided to you when you gave the booking amount...

Or go to the Accounts department of the dealership... they have a complete list of bookings serially for ABS, non ABS etc.... they will show you where your number stands for delivery....

Last edited by tush : 12th August 2008 at 20:50.
tush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 19:06   #284
BHPian

I have checked with the dealer and they are now telling that if I pay an additional 25000 or more, they can ensure than I will get a car within a maximum of 35days(I had booked with an amount of Rs 3000)..Now that will exceed the September 10 deadline that they earlier quoted.As Tush said, the only thing I can do is wait patiently even if it takes three months. After all, what else can we do if we dont want to go in for any other car other than the Swift.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:12   #285

Hi All,
I booked a Swift VDi this month through Mandovi Motors, Bangalore. Can someone share what is their past experience with delivery time at this dealer and if there are ways to expedite delivery (eg. follow-ups etc)?
thanks
Dnot is offline   Reply With Quote