Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 19th September 2008, 16:52   #286
BHPian

I booked VDI (artic white) last sunday at Marketing Times. The sales person told me that i am 8th in the list and they would try to deliver it by diwali. In any case i have taken it in writing that they will deliver it in 2-3 months (which they agreed to after me being adamant on it) . They have asked me to start the loan process around 2 week of Oct (SBI). I am trying to find some contact in Maruti to get it delivered around 15th Oct.

VDI with ABS had waiting for 3 months or so. I tried Rohan Auto at mathura road too but they have stopped taking booking. They told me Maruti has stopped it, which i didnt believe at all. Next day they called up for it and i told them that i have already booked.
deeps79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 20:43   #287
BHPian

Default Booked my VDi with Abs

I booked VDI (Sunlight copper) today at Marketing Times.i will take the delievery near 14 or 15 jan because on 17th i have my bros birthday . and also to take the benifit of mfg. year 2009.the sales consulent sunny sharma is very good and experienced.the total cost is inr 578332.

now looking for advice on ICE, Footware And Misc. accessories
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 21:55   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
I booked VDI (Sunlight copper) today at Marketing Times.i will take the delievery near 14 or 15 jan because on 17th i have my bros birthday . and also to take the benifit of mfg. year 2009.the sales consulent sunny sharma is very good and experienced.the total cost is inr 578332.

What is the delivery date promised by MSIL?
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 22:07   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
What is the delivery date promised by MSIL?
16 jan because 17th is a saturday.
Old 27th September 2008, 22:42   #290
BHPian

@Dnot: I bought a VDi ABS from Mandovi. Being a corporate booking, they mentioned a wait time of 4 months and almost met it (booked on 14th April, Delivered on 23rd August). VDi was available on a shorter wait period. No amount of followup could get this period reduced!
mtnrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 23:41   #291
BHPian

OT: guys any idea whats the premium that dealers are charging for ddis swift???last time i heard it was around 45-50k in delhi (a month back)...
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 10:53   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
OT: guys any idea whats the premium that dealers are charging for ddis swift???last time i heard it was around 45-50k in delhi (a month back)...
38k and 15 days for white vdi but the good point is that it includes many good accesories like spoiler etc...
Old 28th September 2008, 11:53   #293
BHPian

Any Idea guys, on how the launch of Indica Vista has affected the sales of Swift VDI. Has anyone cancelled the booking of their Swift VDI and booked the Vista just because of the unacceptable delay with Swift VDI delivery?

Is there anyone in the forum who is closely associated with Maruti? If so they can share with us the real truth in the delivery delay.

Any idea on how many VDI with ABS is sent to a dealer every month?
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 01:42   #294
BHPian

The last time I enquired in Mumbai, I was told a wait period of 4 months. If you are ready to pay extra amount- then things might be different. If you have a friend/ relationship with dealer, then the wait might be less.
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 10:11   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Is there anyone in the forum who is closely associated with Maruti? If so they can share with us the real truth in the delivery delay.

Any idea on how many VDI with ABS is sent to a dealer every month?
Its been answered and discussed on this thread and many others. Excessive demand, outdated production lines and not enough expansion.

Regarding ABS the kits are SGP and limited supply from Japan. Priority goes to ZXi,SX4,Dzire.. remaining kits are allotted to Vxi/VDi. Hence the delay.

Dealers get approx 1 ABS Swift every 15-20 days. Thats how it was last year atleast... now the Dzire is also in the equation.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2008, 02:16   #296
BHPian

I have a question, Does a dealer having more than one branch in the city gets a bigger quota (supply) than the counterparts having one dealership? Also, does any dealer give the time period in writing to a customer who pays the booking amount? or is the time period a verbal commitment only.
Just for info- are the ABS kits not being imported by maruti due to the rise in dollar prices?
I'm trying to ask various dealers here in mumbai about the wait period of Swift VDI, nobody is ready to give me wait period in writing, just verbal. Also the dealers are not ready to commit for VDI ABS delivery periods The deposit amount are quoted in the range of 10k~50k.
sudipt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 19:50   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

Changed The colour to arctic white
Old 13th October 2008, 20:29   #298
BHPian

@ NOTORIOUS: how long is the waiting period now? any particular reason for this change? which showroom of marketing times have you booked your car with? gk okhla or raja garden?
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 22:45   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ NOTORIOUS: how long is the waiting period now? any particular reason for this change? which showroom of marketing times have you booked your car with? gk okhla or raja garden?

Not a very big reason for colour change ,just saw a white vdi on ring road with jet black tints and 5 spoke 15" chrome alloys (will post the design if i am able to find one), this is enough to change my decision . car will be delivered either in first week of november or near 14 of jan. booked at raja garden
Old 17th October 2008, 09:11   #300
BHPian

Maruti has increase the production of cars including Swift for the festival season

Maruti Increases its Production of Small Cars in India | CarTradeIndia.com
raj84 is offline   Reply With Quote