Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 15:57   #61
BHPian
 
abhilash_iv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kochi
Posts: 216
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

After waiting for almost 10 weeks, I received a call from the salesman saying that the car is loaded from the plant, and I will receive in 10 days or so.
abhilash_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 23:14   #62
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
After waiting for almost 10 weeks, I received a call from the salesman saying that the car is loaded from the plant, and I will receive in 10 days or so.
Thats nice to hear. I should also get my car soon.
I have booked on Feb23rd and waiting. May be Bangalore has more waiting period than Kochi
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 01:13   #63
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default me too in the same boat

I have booked the vehicle in 1st week of march (its 2 months) @ Pratham, B'lore.. they claim they can't give the exact date of getting the vehicle...
Its going worst day by day...

Is there is anyone who can help in getting the vehicle sooner...
gnanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 08:12   #64
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnanek View Post
I have booked the vehicle in 1st week of march (its 2 months) @ Pratham, B'lore.. they claim they can't give the exact date of getting the vehicle...
Its going worst day by day...

Is there is anyone who can help in getting the vehicle sooner...
My dealer in calcutta has few LDi in stock . If you want you can get it from here !!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 08:15   #65
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
i got my swift vdi delivered on 26th.. azure gray, vdi non abs, 5 days afer my booking,no discounts however.
Hi dr , did u get that car from Kolkata , cause my maruti delaer was talking about a fellow who had bought a car from him and taken it to to gangtok. Also how about posting some pics of the car ?? ( I have booked the same colour but an Ldi, as Vdi has a min. wait period of 60 days)
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 08:43   #66
BHPian
 
dr.abhijeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 219
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

no that was another vdi, a white color which is owned by a hotelier here, he wanted a white vdi went to cal to buy the car & drove back to gangtok... mine was bought here at gangtok only. My dealer also has a red vdi and quite a few ldis for ready delivery
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 08:48   #67
BHPian
 
dr.abhijeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 219
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

here is pic of my car
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 09:18   #68
BHPian
 
abhilash_iv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kochi
Posts: 216
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnanek View Post
I have booked the vehicle in 1st week of march (its 2 months) @ Pratham, B'lore.. they claim they can't give the exact date of getting the vehicle...
Its going worst day by day...

Is there is anyone who can help in getting the vehicle sooner...
It was the case here also. The dealer was not able to give the expected delivery date. They kept telling that they can only know once the vehicle is loaded from the plant. It proved to be right, as now they said that yesterday it was loaded and now we can expect within 10 days.
abhilash_iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 10:52   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,023
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnanek View Post
I have booked the vehicle in 1st week of march (its 2 months) @ Pratham, B'lore.. they claim they can't give the exact date of getting the vehicle...
Its going worst day by day...

Is there is anyone who can help in getting the vehicle sooner...
Buddy, maybe hyou should try with the other dealers in Bangalore such as RNS, Bimal and so on. I feel Pratham has a really huge waiting period, for reasons i cannot imagine. If you are given a shorter waiting period there, cancel your booking at Pratham and pay up at the other dealer.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 20:13   #70
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Buddy, maybe hyou should try with the other dealers in Bangalore such as RNS, Bimal and so on. I feel Pratham has a really huge waiting period, for reasons i cannot imagine. If you are given a shorter waiting period there, cancel your booking at Pratham and pay up at the other dealer.

i second ben on that , for ex in my case my dealer had no diesel in stock but after a bit of hunting i found that my current delaer had a vdi and 4 ldi in stock, i could CHOOOSEEE between colours !!!!!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 09:26   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KA55 / KA50
Posts: 196
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

but same can't be said in bangalore. if you cancel from Pratham motors and go to other dealers if will be put in the last in the waiting list. I heard from some one that in RNS they are telling it will take 4 months for VDi model.
deepak_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 10:11   #72
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,023
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default

Deepak, 4 months is still better than 6 months !
Somehow, i feel that Pratham usually ends up with their stocks kinda late, hence my suggestion.

Check out some the reviews on Pratham on mouthshut.com, and you would be surprised. As for me, Pratham being close by to where i live, i usually go there just for test drives.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 11:06   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KA55 / KA50
Posts: 196
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hi benbsb29,
gnanek is friend of mine.. in Pratham is waiting is in 3rd or 4th name... before booking he had enquired in RNS that time they had told him he can get car after 7 months and in Pratham they had told around 6 weeks... i am thinking now that he should have booked in RNS after getting to know about Pratham from you
deepak_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 16:23   #74
BHPian
 
nikunj_cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 450
Thanked: 0 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Deepak, 4 months is still better than 6 months !
Somehow, i feel that Pratham usually ends up with their stocks kinda late, hence my suggestion.

Check out some the reviews on Pratham on mouthshut.com, and you would be surprised. As for me, Pratham being close by to where i live, i usually go there just for test drives.
Or better come to cal, pm me , i call my dealer and get u a swift Ldi in two days flat !!!!!!!!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 08:32   #75
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
hi benbsb29,
gnanek is friend of mine.. in Pratham is waiting is in 3rd or 4th name... before booking he had enquired in RNS that time they had told him he can get car after 7 months and in Pratham they had told around 6 weeks... i am thinking now that he should have booked in RNS after getting to know about Pratham from you
Folks, when I was booking both Pratham told me 1.5 months and RNS told me 2 months, I finally booked at RNS Hosur Road. It is 2 months and 15 days and still waiting..... I do not think no one is better... Its all to blame the demand and Maruti's inability to meet it
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delivery woes - Karizma ZMR booboo Motorbikes 18 21st October 2011 19:50
Fortuner Delivery woes! rishab1987 Indian Car Dealerships 41 5th May 2011 20:53
Indica Vista Anniversary Edition - Delivery Tomorrow (Edit: Delivery taken) Baburajs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 98 26th October 2009 09:54
Delivery woes Suzuki Access 125 raghutk Motorbikes 7 11th March 2008 15:25
Nano delivery woes - stampede waiting to happen! akash_m The Indian Car Scene 7 14th January 2008 15:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks