Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 13th April 2007, 14:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Swift diesel delivery woes

hi all,

though i was not sure i wanted to start a new thread, i ve put this thread here (mods may change as you please) to understand why the swift diesel takes so much time to be delivered.

bimal has quoted 4-5 months, while i spoke to mandovi and they say 6 months time to deliver. while more bookings isnt the only reason for this, looks like dealers are approximating and doubling estimated times to be on the careful side with customers.

the last i waited like this was with the bajaj chetak scooter! i dont understand why maruti would/could not have guaged the sales figures and what exactly is delaying cars coming out when cars like palio of lesser demand is coming out early!

add to that the new baleno launch this month end and either both baleno and swift diesel could be delayed doubly or if baleno is being made faster, then there is a something specific and issue with only swift diesel. i m really bored/tired and frustrated with this kind of waiting period. if someone has inner information, can you share why this is being the case!?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 14:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

While I am not sure of the delay for delivery. A fellow member "Busa" faced similar issues when he planned to buy the Swift Diesel with ABS. In his case, ABS was not readily available but other models were available readily. 6 months is too much of a wait. Maruti Swift (Maruti Automotive Mfg are Fraud)
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 14:33   #3
Team-BHP Support

yes i personally know the frustration involved in the wait...but the reason for wait might be as simple as maruti never expecting so much of booking or diesel engine production number constraints in their new plant, they might not be running the factory in full production.

as i suggested to you Geeksrik, hold on to the booking for now and follow up with the dealer, meanwhile if some other new car which is of your taste is launched, cancel the booking and move on.

and my guess is you will get the swift D before any of these cars are launched and delivered to you.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:26   #4
BHPian

A source in Bosch (guys who make CRDI units for Maruti) mentioned that Maruti is having some endurance/yield related issues with the diesel engine.

I think he has a point. We can get petrol swift very quickly, so they surely have the capacity to manufacture everything that is common between petrol and diesel swift. Besides, Maruti isn't foolish to squander the first mover advantage in this segment by delaying the deliveries to such a huge extent.

Cheers,
Su-47
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 15:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

I guess maruti is overworked in launching the new baleno. I cant see any other reason for this or their diesel engine plant has encountered some problems that we dont know.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 20:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
A source in Bosch (guys who make CRDI units for Maruti) mentioned that Maruti is having some endurance/yield related issues with the diesel engine.

Cheers,
Su-47

now i am seriously concerned what this means. endurance related issues? so is my worst fear that something might be mismatching between engine and rest of car true?

maybe our jaggu bhai is the best person to comment on endurance related issues so far (~200km??)
Old 13th April 2007, 20:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

GS - Apparently our dear Stumpy has some high-level contacts at RNS Motors in your city. Maybe you should pester him to have some arrangement made for you!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 21:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Can you please provide more details on the 'issues'... this sounds serious!!
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 21:24   #9
Team-BHP Support

oh am scared now... common guys i would rather worry about the delay than go ahead and post some sources info..

and why does it happen when i buy a car lol, last one was when i picked iKON, what all i had to hear.. lol lol lol

i trust in warranty and insurance and believe that no manufacture will destroy their reputation taking BIG chances

and i also do have the highest contact in RNS and do you really think that a dealer would divulge such an info even if they come to know also????

GeekS there are other owners who have done more kms than me and they will be able to give a better picture on issues. Km update i dont have coz my elder bro has taken the car to show off and am running around in his Crv.

cheers
jaggu
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 22:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i trust in warranty and insurance and believe that no manufacture will destroy their reputation taking BIG chances

and i also do have the highest contact in RNS and do you really think that a dealer would divulge such an info even if they come to know also????

jaggu

the RNS he was referring to is for delivery i assume, not for the endurance info !! and btw, ur whole family seems to own automobiles all across the segments A/B/C & D

Last edited by GeekSrik : 13th April 2007 at 22:35.
Old 13th April 2007, 22:56   #11
BHPian

But seriously, 6 months is too long a wait IMHO... by the time one actually gets his hands on the car, there will be at least 2 new diesel models in the market...
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 23:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
now i am seriously concerned what this means. endurance related issues? so is my worst fear that something might be mismatching between engine and rest of car true?

maybe our jaggu bhai is the best person to comment on endurance related issues so far (~200km??)
Gents, the person from whom I came to know about this doesn't work for Maruti, but for Bosch. So, he doesn't (claim to) know what the exact problem is.

The first few engines produced failed the endurance test, and I am sure Maruti isn't foolish enough to put such things into customer's car and spoil its hard earned reputation. I don't think there is anything to worry. Its just that Maruti is not able to produce enough engines that meet their own quality requirements. Hence the low yield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
oh am scared now... common guys i would rather worry about the delay than go ahead and post some sources info..i trust in warranty and insurance and believe that no manufacture will destroy their reputation taking BIG chances
I agree no manufacturer will put their reputation at stake. We are just trying to find out the reasons for slow delivery of swift-D. I shared the info I had as I thought it would be worthwhile for others to know about it, and not to scare anyone

Last edited by Su-47 : 13th April 2007 at 23:49.
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 23:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Then, how is that Drifty drove a 25,000 km run Swift test-mule and said its ok?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 23:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am been qouted flat 1 week time for delivery for any colour for VDi with ABS but with ABS its gonna take time and i am waiting.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 23:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys i am been qouted flat 1 week time for delivery for any colour for VDi with ABS but with ABS its gonna take time and i am waiting.

lucky u.. three months min in hyd... white no chance at all in the near future..
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote