Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 10th December 2007, 02:42   #46

Default Land mark honda surat

Fifteen days ago they(Landmark honda) started their service station here in surat. Went there for service and on job card mentioned few problems i had with car and was assured shall be attended. Went at evening to collect the car, job was still going on. Waited for more than an hour and car was returned back to me. As by then it was dark, could not check whether all problems listed in job card was done, but trusted them and took the car. Next morning checked and found that not even single problem specified was attended and only regular service was done, i even doubt that. Here in surat lot of honda cars run so they have heavy rush in workshop and dont give proper attention to cars. Seems all honda dealers are same...
avishkar41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 18:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

I got a letter from Honda today saying they understand their service centers are busy but they are trying to improve. with it was a list of all the service centers in Delhi. I could see two new dealers/service centers in NCR. Courtesy Honda in Okhla and Ace Honda in Noida.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 18:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
ok this was a false alarm. the belt my driver saw was the alternator belt according to Prime. The timing chain (the NHC has a chain and not a belt) is hidden from view.
I don't get it - you are happy about the fact that its the alternator belt that has been stitched instead of replaced?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 15:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I don't get it - you are happy about the fact that its the alternator belt that has been stitched instead of replaced?
Suman, Prime Honda told me that the belt does have a stitch. That is normal, according to them. Since I know no better, I've taken their word for it.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 11:47   #50
BHPian

I took my car to RRH today for a hard clutch, it was not very hard, but hard compared to other Nhcs in office and the cause of backache on long drives. The service advisor at first did not agree, and then took the car down for bleeding the clutch. I was watching from above. The service guys came to the car, sat in it for a few mins, did nothing in the engine, and then brought it up again saying everything is Ok when the problem was not fixed. I told him if you can't fix this, i'll take it somewhere else, and he agreed!!!!

I think these guys have a lot of cars and are taking customers for granted. Might have to visit some other dealer who is far off for my problem. Sometimes I feel Maruti would have been a better choice. If I have to run around so much for getting small problems fixed, it spoils the entire ownership experience because the problem does not get fixed anyway!

Anyone knows independent garages in gurgaon who may be able to help out?

Last edited by simran : 27th January 2008 at 11:49.
simran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 13:57   #51
BHPian

The very same thing happened to my NHC clutch.
This one's harder than my friends gypsy. They said they (RRH, Gurgaon) would bleed it. But nothing came out of it. The rubber clutch peggs have been changed twice already, they've worn down that fast (I dont touch the clutch untill I need to change)

Lately the first and the second cog have been very hard to slot,..i dont know if there is trouble looming with the clutch or the gear's. My cars done 22k till date.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 28th January 2008 at 14:00.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Default Pearl Honda -new Dealer In Gurgaon

yday, i found a pamphlet from PEAR HONDA on my windscreen

seems to be the new dealer in Gurgaon..

the address was somewhere in near hero honda plant on NH8...
has any gurgaon honda owner tried their A.S.S ?

how is it compared to the pathetic RRH ?
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 12:52   #53
BHPian

I tried their service today (Pearl Honda, Gurgaon). It was mostly deserted, and got only 4 cars today, so I got a quick service and personalised attention from 4 levels in the hierarchy! also, the car got good attention from the mechanics.

Work done was Ok, and it was a great experience. You should try it before they start getting lots of cars and lose the customer focus. The guys don't know some things, but they do listen to you and try to solve your problem, so the attitude is right.

Ph no is 0124 3021111 or 3936666

Last edited by simran : 21st March 2008 at 12:53.
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Default PEARL HONDA - GURGAON - good service..but for how long ?

took my OHC for 70k service today to Pearl Honda ( this is near the fire station - OFF HERO HONDA chowk in old Gurgaon ) ..

the service station is fairly empty . i just drove in and took the appointment - unlike the typical HONDA tradition of booking their service well in advance!!

the guys took 3-3.5 hours for the full service - out of which 1 hour was spent just cleaning the car !! right in front of me..

i can vouch for their cleaning service atleast ( which was part of the total service cost )...

NOT A SINGLE DEALER i have tried before in 3 cities have done this kind of interior + exterior cleaning! the best i have got was a mediocre spray clean job..

but then again - i would not say the entire experiece was totally professional...

the guys are new and dont know a lot of basic stuff but ATTITUDE was extremely positive and that is a NEW for HONDA a.S.S.

hopefully they continue the good work even if they get more cars...
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:41   #55
Team-BHP Support

Most of the times its the rush that kills the quality, how i wish dealer were throughly professional and take only limited number of cars per day. I for one would book well in advance and wait in Q if somebody assured the quality.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 18:41   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
took my OHC for 70k service today to Pearl Honda ( this is near the fire station - OFF HERO HONDA chowk in old Gurgaon ) ..

the service station is fairly empty . i just drove in and took the appointment - unlike the typical HONDA tradition of booking their service well in advance!!

the guys took 3-3.5 hours for the full service - out of which 1 hour was spent just cleaning the car !! right in front of me..

i can vouch for their cleaning service atleast ( which was part of the total service cost )...

NOT A SINGLE DEALER i have tried before in 3 cities have done this kind of interior + exterior cleaning! the best i have got was a mediocre spray clean job..

but then again - i would not say the entire experiece was totally professional...

the guys are new and dont know a lot of basic stuff but ATTITUDE was extremely positive and that is a NEW for HONDA a.S.S.

hopefully they continue the good work even if they get more cars...
I had also taken my accord V6 to PEAR HONDA's 3s facility at sector 37 and i was delighted with the service rendered.I think this HONDA Dealer will change the thinking of all the disssatisfied n fed up customers for the shoddy services rendered to them.

I also took a test drive of the new ACCORD n was overwhelmed with the beauty.Its a masterpiece as usual by HONDA.

Pearl Honda also has a beautiful showroom at Centrum plaza at sector 53 on the main Golf Course road n has a complete range of all the Honda Cars.
13 th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 15:52   #57

I bought a honda accord last year in september. Now the car is doing amazingly good. Its smooth, its fast, looks nice everthing just perfect.
So that makes me a proud owner of the honda accord .
now the third service for 15000kms was due in the beginning of this month. so i called the honda showroom from where i bought the car (RING ROAD HONDA, MOTI NAGAR, DELHI). and the customer care executive i had a talk with i told her that i will be going out on monday to dehradun now since the car has already done 14980 something i want to get it serviced bofore going and if u could please arrange it and book the car for the next day that was sunday. so now sweet lady she did book my car. but she didnt give me any booking number nor did i ask her.

so the next day i me whos a proud honda accord owner reached the showroom at 10.30 which was the time that i was asked to come.
first disappointment - the security guard doesnt let my car in cause my name isnt in the list. i ask him once please ji let me go in and ask them what the problem is, let me park my car inside theres too much traffic on the road. i ask him twice thrice but i guess thats what the security guards are paid for, to be stern. now i didnt have a choice so i parked the car on the busy road.
inside i meet the service manager and i tell him that sir i had a talk with the executive yesterday and i have booked my car for service today i dont know why my name isnt on the list. now he asks me for the booking number that i dont have, the name of the lady that i had a talk with that again i didnt know. so then he says sir how can we believe that u had a talk with us yesterday. now i m showing him the last dialled numbers in my phone and asking him to believe that i really booked my car. but he didnt budge. and hes telling me that its not possible for me to book the car the previous day as they dont take bookings for the next day. now i started saying please i have to go out tomorrow if u can check ur records and see if i have a booking. but he didnt budge and kept on telling me that they dont entertain walk-ins.
and here i am a proud owner of a honda accord pleading in the showroom please please please for 15 mins. all in vain. then disappointed again i was about to leave but then i saw this lady sitting on the service counter so i walk upto her and ask ma'am did i have a talk with you yesterday for the service.now shes checking her diary and thankfully i saw my name written on it. that was it. then i went to that manager and told him that i really had booked my car. now he didnt have a choice but to take the car in.
i m really disappointed. after shedding out so much money these guys treat the customers so bad. from the next time onwards i have made a point of recording my conversations with the honda people.
i even got a feedback call in which i rated their service a 4 out of 10. but its been a week and they havent called asking why a 4?? is this what you get with a honda accord. i was happy with my corsa atleast they dont tell it to me on my face that i am lying.
I am not a proud owner of a honda accord anymore. yaa but i am proud of my car the accord!!
all i was looking forward to was a courteous behaviour!!
yashrajgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2008, 23:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashrajgupta View Post

i even got a feedback call in which i rated their service a 4 out of 10. but its been a week and they havent called asking why a 4?? is this what you get with a honda accord. i was happy with my corsa atleast they dont tell it to me on my face that i am lying.
I am not a proud owner of a honda accord anymore. yaa but i am proud of my car the accord!!
all i was looking forward to was a courteous behaviour!!
Maybe Honda should outsource their service to Maruti. If you rate the service as bad, rest assured that the dealer will be at your knees to sort out the problem. Crying babies always get milk chocolate at Maruti.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 22:02   #59
BHPian

I bought an NHC GXi (10th anniversary edition) with 3 years extended warranty from Courtesy Honda in Okhla in New Delhi in September 2007. All the free services were done at Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon since it is near my office.

A few days after the last free service (~10k kms) I noticed that the driver side ORVM's electronic adjustment was not working properly. The vertical adjustment was working but the horizontal one was not. The left side ORVM was working properly. So after a few days my father took the car to Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon (since I was out of town), and he called me up from there saying that the RR Honda guys are saying the mirror has been repaired! He asked whether I'd gotten the mirror repaired from anywhere. I obviously had not and I told him so. The RR Honda people said that the mirror has been repaired and replacing it would cost somewhere around 3.5k INR. So my dad asked them to leave it as it is and brought the car home.

After that we wrote to Honda through the feedback form on their website. After a few days we got a letter from RR Honda, stating that parts repaired externally cannot be replaced under warranty!

Now, the car has not been anywhere except Ring Road Honda. So anything that's happened to it has to have happened there only.

This is really bad, and I don't think I'll be revisiting Ring Road Honda in the future for my paid services. Thinking of giving Pearl Honda a try.

BTW, does anyone have any email addresses/phone numbers where I can complain against this malpractice of Ring Road Honda???
vineetmanghani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 21:26   #60
BHPian

Default Service at RRH improved

I took my car for 24 month service, and since RRH Ggn is quite close, I decided to give them a try again. It has improved quite a bit. There are new faces, and there is more say of the customer. The cleaning part is more organised, and they have a special team doing interior cleaning thoroughly. Also, I was not told not to be there when the service was taking place, it was done in front of me, and some of my questions answered without the earlier arrogance.

It helps if you are there with the car, instead of in the lounge.

I guess the attitude has changed. I hope it stays the same.

BTW, I had the same problem of not finding my name on the list when I went for the service. But I was accommodated, I guess since I was early.