Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 9th October 2013, 00:10   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Incompetent service from Pratham Motors (Bellandur, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
An update - I emailed Pratham and the GM-Works replied to my email and followed up with a call offering to reimburse this extra amount. He has also asked the cashier to honor the customer request to split the final bill amount between multiple cards if required!
I have paid 10K+ at BIMAL and they didn't charge any extra amount nor did they ask to split the amount.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 22:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default M.A.S.S – Maruti Approved Salary Sinks

I drive a 2010 WagonR LPG and recently experienced a deeply gratifying and close to nirvana experience of getting it serviced at Pratham Motors – Queens Road, Bangalore. I had picked up the car from them and have been getting it serviced there ever since.

What has changed over the years?
my first few services were pretty smooth, which should have got me thinking but I was struggling to accept that I can never ever be right again ( read I got married). The previous service in Dec 2012 was an eye opener as a casual check revealed that

1. They had not even checked the engine oil. Had explicitly asked them to check and revert
2. Car was ready in 2 hours flat. Checked the schedule board and in time read 8.45 and finish time read 10.45
3. Left headlight bulb was not changed. Had requested that as it was not working
4. Car wash/detailing means a quick jet of water around the exterior and some wax/polish inside

Okay sir – will call you!
My car was due for a 5th service and I was in two minds – M.A.S.S or local guy. Due to time constraints I had to go with M.A.S.S, which led me to servicing nirvana. As usual I dropped the car at 8.45 and asked the SA to run through usual service plus check/do the following:

1. A slight body roll while driving at low speeds on not so good roads (at < 25kmph)
2. Replace engine oil – with synthetic Mobil 1, which he mentioned was available
3. Check for leakage in AC system as there was absolutely no effect when the AC was turned on

Called the SA a couple of times at 12 and he got back to me at 1 with following comments
1. AC system has no leakages and will need to clean the intake filter and top up gas, which will cost 4.5K. Asked him to not do this as I wasn’t sure of what this entails
2. Body roll taken care of during WA/WB

Illa sir – everything for your good only!

As usual he called around 5 PM and ran me through the dreaded list.some interesting snippets:

1. Rear brake backing plate replaced – I asked him why and he said they were worn out. I asked him to show me the worn plates but never got to see them. question is how often should one replace them?
2. Tech-2/SDT parameters checking – I had no clue what this was and asked him. He said this was the automated engine check that is run to ensure that your engine is fine. Asked him for a print out of the report but again this did not turn up
3. Synthetic oil – Castrol 5W30. The minute I saw this I blew a gasket and asked him why not Mobile 1. He told me that there was no stock and tried to explain to me why this was better than Mobil 1
4. Checked the schedule board and it read in time 9 am and finish time 11.30 am. Seriously?? these guys ran did all of the above + regular top ups, washing + detailing and all checks in less than 3 hours??

Did not take up cudgels as I was already running late and hence decided to settled the bill. As soon as I finish paying, the SA walks up and shoves the feedback form in my face. I asked him if I can give the feedback after I have the driven the car for a couple of days and he said no, this is mandatory before I release the car (not sure if this is true!)

I gave him an overall rating of 8 and he says why Sir what’s wrong Sir. With the last reserve of my patience I explain to him that the engine oil and the additional engine test should have been run by me and then executed and his face took on a very different expression. He started with “illa saar all for your good saar” and I politely asked him to back off. He then walks into the office, picks up another form and shoves it into my face asking me to reconsider my feedback. Was I talking Klingon to this guy??

Clean as a whistle

The short of it was that I walked out and the next day took my car to a local air conn shop(which happens to be bang opposite my old residence and services many a car every day). He checks for leakages, says there is none and starts to dismantle the system. Removes the filter element from under the dash (not sure what its called.looks like the rotating drum in air coolers) and cleans all the dust and leaves embedded in it. Tops up the gas and fits it all back. From start to finish this takes 1 hour and I paid 1.7K for this

Advantages:
1.1/3 the cost of M.A.S.S
2.Satisfaction that the job has been done and done professionally
The AC works like a charm now and I know where to go to the next time I have any AC problems.

Decentralization anyone??

The whole experience got me thinking about going to specific experts for getting specific parts of my car tuned/serviced
1. Mr. Pandian for my LPG kit tuning – very jerky ride in 1st and 2nd gear when driving on petrol
2. WB/WA – need to shortlist. Suggestions please
3. Wash and detailing – leaning towards 3M HSR and Mr Sidhu considering all the positive feedback
4. General Service – turning out to be a big pain as I am unable to find a service center with good reviews (in and around Whitefield). Any recommendations?

Cheers
Rj

Mods - please move this to the relevant section/thread if this is not the right one
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 22:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Default re: M.A.S.S – Maruti Approved Salary Sinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
3. Wash and detailing – leaning towards 3M HSR and Mr Sidhu considering all the positive feedback
2. Madhus Enterprises
3. No comments
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 23:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Advantages:

1. Mr. Pandian for my LPG kit tuning – very jerky ride in 1st and 2nd gear when driving on petrol
4. General Service – turning out to be a big pain as I am unable to find a service center with good reviews (in and around Whitefield). Any recommendations?

Cheers
Rj

Mods - please move this to the relevant section/thread if this is not the right one

3. I would get the wash done at any local water wash guys and detail the car myself. A good coat of Wax / sealant can be easily applied provided you have spare time and enough passion for it,
4. General Service - >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html (Multi Brand Car Service - Mahindra First Choice (Bangalore))
Try these guys. Reviews seem good.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 23:24   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

As long as one has the time to spend with his car, I believe just one full day in a year or 10k kms, that is as per the spefied intervals, I feel that they will have the following advantages:
1. No risk of getting fleeced for undone jobs.
2. No risk of preventive maintenance not done.
3. Lesser service costs.
4. Satisfaction of the job done to the expectations.
5. Possiblity of experienced hands working on the car at a lower cost. I have found this with alignment, wherein in specific the tyre professional guys are better than the MASS.

Apart from that I believe there are many other advantages. Only requirement is that we should spend time with the car and then move from place to place and preferably be with the car. Getting the car picked up by the dealer and they returning in the evening has become a norm these days and those people are also used to customers who never question what they have done to the car.

With a Maruti, getting genuine spares isnt a problem, and carrying regular maintenance is not at all a problem I suppose. Even I am planning to get our cars regular maintenance done by a nearby Ex-MASS. I can check on them multiple times a day and get things done as I specify. With alignment I have been a regular customer at Tyre Professionals(Madhus) and will continue there. I can stand in front of the monitor and take a look at what happens to the alignment.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:10   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a separate thread about Pratham Motors (Incompetent service from Pratham Motors (Bellandur, Bangalore)), though it was started for their ORR branch it has details of other branches too.

My routine for servicing is as follows-
Reach center early (8AM)
Just ask for Engine Oil, Oil filter change.
Air filter and Gear oil change based on interval
Any complaints to be looked in to.

Wait for the work to be done, test drive and leave. I have found the so called servicing ( car wash) is of no use since they don't check other items mentioned in the checklist.

For car wash it would be better to take the vehicle else where or do it yourself.

Same way for wheel alignment take the vehicle to a dedicated shop.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 27th October 2013 at 10:12.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:20   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

My routine for servicing is as follows-
Reach center early (8AM)
Just ask for Engine Oil, Oil filter change.
Air filter and Gear oil change based on interval
Any complaints to be looked in to.

Wait for the work to be done, test drive and leave. .
Can you just get oil changed without opting for full service? If yes then this is a good option.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:41   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes it is possible. Though they the SA comes up with different stories and part replacement list. I have done it from Surakshna, Bomanahalli Bangalore and also from Popular Chennai.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
2. Madhus Enterprises
Thanks DRIV3R - will check out Madhus as it seems to the go to place for WB/WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks.Will check them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Apart from that I believe there are many other advantages. Only requirement is that we should spend time with the car and then move from place to place and preferably be with the car
That is the basic idea behind it. try to understand the car better and ensure that I am paying for what I get

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Yes it is possible. Though they the SA comes up with different stories and part replacement list. I have done it from Surakshna, Bomanahalli Bangalore and also from Popular Chennai.
Thanks mpksuhas. will keep this in mind
procrj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 11:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: M.A.S.S – Maruti Approved Salary Sinks

I quote from my old experience with Pandian for Wagon R LPG, a closed loop system LPG kit is used so Pandian could not do any tuning as Maruti uses their own software for tuning and it was not available with Pandian, he can probably clean the fuel line, filters. For any tuning requirements an Engineer has to come from Maruti only and service centers are not competent to handle LPG works. Sejal motors can be a good option for general servicing, he is located on Outer Ring Road near Total Mall close to Garudachar Palya.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 21:54   #86
BHPian

Default Re: Incompetent service from Pratham Motors (Bellandur, Bangalore)

Hello,
I am facing problems with respect to delivery of a new car with Pratham Motors Bellandur, Bangalore. There is no update on the delivery date ever after 7 weeks of waiting. I was promised that the car would be available in 6 weeks though officially the waiting period is communicated as 8 weeks .The sales team is not responsive at all. Even after an extensive search , could not get a proper escalation matrix for Maruti Suzuki.
Any contact of the regional sales team or a proper escalation matrix will be helpful.

This is my first interaction with the Maruti guys . Not so good experience to talk about.
ansumaan is online now   Reply With Quote