Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 18th June 2007, 10:56   #1
Default Car Bath - Slv Car Wash

Y'day while coming from Southend Circle towards NR colony, opposite Cariator, saw the new board "Car Bath"... I thought it was something to do with Kharabath (rava upama in b'lore). Decided to check it out...

It was a auto car wash centre opening. They chap said it was open and I queued up in the line for a trial.

Cost: 200/- for Soap Wash
400/- for Wax Wash

Pre Wash: My car was quite dirty, haven't even dusted it in 2 weeks. Only front windshield was washed at Shell few days ago. So I enter their compound and line up in the queue. It's the first day of service, there is jasmine flowers everywhere with all the equipment pooja done.

Washing: Just before I drive my car into the wash lane, A chap gave me a plate of samosas, chips, sweets!!!, I drive into the wash lane.

The first cycle is water with soap, then the service guys manually rub the tyres, body etc and a final power spray of water and you are done.

Post Washing: Manual drying with cloth. I found that when they where hand drying the car with cloth, most of the mud in underbody, in wheel arches was still there. Greasy mud was still intact on doors and they manually cleaned it with wet cloth.

Shocker/Surprise: They do not do the interiors!!! Not even manual wipe with a damp cloth.

Overall: 3/5. The equipment is not good enough to clean real dirty car.
Turnaround time is very good (25 mins max).
200/- bucks for only exterior wash is too high.
Slight paint fade, some of the minor touchup jobs done via rubbing is gone. Others can confirm.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 12:16   #2

hmm.. then we can call that as semi automatic car wash instead of fully automatic
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote